Print Thread
Hop To
Page 226 of 1,842 1 2 224 225 226 227 228 1841 1842
S
SSB Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Where does the Ranger Boat fit in all this?

We eat organic in our house, we just have to shoot and gut it first.....
GB1

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
some day, some day.

it maybe fits in the future someplace?

I hope... grin

Something clever here.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by SSB

Where does it fit? It fits nicely in the new garage...thats where it fits. grin

Camp is where you make it.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by northern_dave
some day, some day.

it maybe fits in the future someplace?

I hope... grin

That guy was sure happy when I sold him mine for 5K.

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
meaner.

Something clever here.

IC B2

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
ha ha. If I sold it for 5K I'd be living in your new garage.

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Originally Posted by tzone
Originally Posted by SSB

Where does it fit? It fits nicely in the new garage...thats where it fits. grin

Just returned from Northern WI. SIL neighbor was pouring the slab for a 50' X 56' storage building. It would probaly do the job for you Dave.

SIL got his first bear Thursday at 5:30 PM. Used his new Mathews bow and Rage broadheads. Shot was about 25 yards. The bear only went about 10 feet before it expired. We were able to get the ATV trailor right up to it. Dressed weight (Gutted) was 230 pounds.

Tzone will post some of the pictures for me next Monday.

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except for bears. Bears kill you.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Shot my first buck with a bow tonight. an 8pt. Big deer, normal rack.

I couldn't find him due to light. We searched with light, but found nada...I thought the shot was great. It looked tight behind the shoulder, but maybe a bit high. I found the arrow about 20-30 yds past where he was hit, so the arrow was in the deer for a while. There was some blood on the arrow but also some fat. Pard said by looking at the arrow it appeared to be low, but I'm 99% sure it was high rather than low.

We looked until about 8:30 with lights, and decided to come back tomorrow due to lack of sign.

I'm in for a sleepless night. Hopefully I'll have good new tomorrow.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Tom,I certainly hope that you find him.If you had fat on the arrow it was probably low.

Stan in SC

The more I listen,the more I hear....and vice versa.

45/70,it's almost a religion.

If you have to take a second shot then you probably shouldn't have taken the first shot.
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
oh man, i hope you get him. nothing worse than the feeling you had all lasat nite. i bet you have replayed it a few thousand time in your head....the first hour eh?

good luck and my one tracking tip....if you run out of blood and cant find him, look left and right. Many times they will take a jump or two straight to the side of their path when they die.

What you do today is important, you are trading a day in the rest of your life for it.
IC B3

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Hey guys, my lil man RWS (runs with scissors) went on his first goose-duck hunt today (youth hunt) he got his limit of 5 gease & shot a couple stinky coots too grin

big man, plus him & the other 'yoots' did all thge cleaning of the birds while us ole fellers instructed.

our morning went much better than tzon's.

heard from him as we were finishing up our hunt. sounds like his buck trail went dry.

That sucks.

But it does happen, it's happened to me. not until just last year but it sure did happen.

sucks.

Something clever here.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Well boys...nuthin. I looked for a long time, longer than a guy should probably. We started at 6:30 this morning and stopped around 10:30 or 11. Then I went back out after lunch and still came up empty. Look at my thread to get better details.

I got a better look at my arrow today. It is covered in fat, greasy fat, a bit of blood, two small pieces of what look like meat, and some small black hair.

If someone showed me the arrow, gave me no info about it, and asked where the deer was hit, I would say brisket. Which bugs me a bit because I would swear on my paycheck that I watched the arrow go in high.

The plus side is...I heard no crow, coyotes, or jay birds. So maybe there is a chance that he is still around. Man I hope so...

I don't know at what point you call it, but we have a total of about 20 man hours on this thing. We did a grid on about an 80, and with no sign, we were eventually looking for a deer.

I'm in a pissy mood now, which sucks because it is a beautiful day.

Oh yeah, Great job today RWS! Good job on those geese boy! Hopefully you can tell me all about it next week.

Thanks for all the hopeful wishes guys.

T

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Congrats RWS. Dad is starting you out right.

Last edited by Grizzly_Bill; 09/19/09.

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except for bears. Bears kill you.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Yes, congratulations to RWS for a successful hunt.
Tom,sorry you were not successful in your search.I had the same thing happen two years ago during gun season.I swore I'd NEVER use a .243 again.

Stan in SC

The more I listen,the more I hear....and vice versa.

45/70,it's almost a religion.

If you have to take a second shot then you probably shouldn't have taken the first shot.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Well, I brought the little guy to deer camp yesterday for the first time.

First or all, I have been waiting for this day most of my life...a dad taking his boy to deer camp. I'm not a above saying I got a bit choked up watching him play in the woods.

That kid was made for camp. He did what little boys do. We chased frogs, hauled wood, sat on a stump and shared a gatorade. And everywhere he looked, there were "baby bears". grin

The boy smiled THE ENTIRE TIME....and so did his dad.

Mr. Big Shot on Grandpas wheeler
[img:center][Linked Image][/img]

Bringing in the load (fire wood)
[img:center][Linked Image][/img]

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
big weekend coming up, sort of a chickenbuck rendezvous.

tzone & colorado are going to head to camp chickenbuck to meet up with me & who ever else decides to head up this way & we'll do a little grilling, scouting, set some stands out etc.

Should be a really good time. then the following weekend I have to head to my dad's place over by Duluth to gather up elk camp gear such as the tent we will bring (going with a GP small this year) wood stove, colapsable shower stall, some big tarps, fire pit grate, dutch oven, big frypan, cooking gear etc.

It's going to be a truckload for sure. then there is the rest of the stuff that has to come with us, one of those things is a big freezer, generator.. (big stuff... see how this is becoming more than one pickup load??)

Lucky for us caprainbangflop has a nice enclosed 6x10 trailer that he bought himself this summer for hauling hunting gear.

I'm thinking we might need to pull that little trailer this year so we can haul all of our gear.

Might have to leave the trailer up on the top of the pass prior to dropping down into our base camp valley, really a bad trail, too rough for a trailer. We could bring it part ways down but would probably have to chain it to a tree part ways down & make a trip back up to the trailer for the rest of the gear once we get down in the valley & unload the truck.

we'll have to go through the bearings & stuff on that trailer i suppose.

Something clever here.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
ND,
Oh man, getting ready for elk camp is something I would give my left nut for. I think it will be next year. We have a 6X10 enclosed trailer too and were gonna do the same thing with generator and freezer. On one hand I cant wait for the pics I know you will have, on the other, it is about gonna kill me to look at them knowing I will not be going this year. I mean really, painting and staining are fun and all, but I think I would rather go elk hunting. I am glad you are not stopping at Perkins in Alex like Griz Bill did, or I might stow away in that trailer. whistle

What you do today is important, you are trading a day in the rest of your life for it.
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
sounds like you had a great time Tom, great pics too.

Something clever here.

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
oh yeah that elk trip is right in our lap again. I gotta get together with dusty & bangflop so we can plan a few things out.

I am sure i still have my elk camp packing letter from last year that has a lot of detail in it to help a person pack right for the trip. I'll have to send that letter out again real soon here.

Something clever here.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
sounds like chickenbuck will be hopping. when you heading out there ND? might have to swithch my plans around and come out for a visit?

It is a silly fish that is caught twice with the same bait!
Page 226 of 1,842 1 2 224 225 226 227 228 1841 1842

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

532 members (10gaugemag, 12344mag, 17CalFan, 1936M71, 16penny, 1234, 57 invisible), 2,271 guests, and 1,298 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,391
Posts18,488,706
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.