OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
H
What does it mean if someone has it?

N
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
N
it means they's goofier than a chit house rat.

Something clever here.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Its another way of saying "manic depressive". Wikipedia has a decent write up on it at Bipolar Disorder.

Its mighty rough on the person who is bipolar, and on their family and friends.

=====================
Boots were made for walking
Winds were blowing change
Boys fall in the jungle
As I Came of Age

H
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
H
Bi Polar can be devastating to a person and their family. They take chances normal people do not take. When they are manic they may not sleep for days. When they are on the down cycle, they will stay in bed for days, not caring what is going on around them. There are meds that can control it, and with therapy, they can become almost normal again. However, they do not like to take the meds, since they do not get the High of being manic anymore. If you know someone that is being diagnosed Bi Polar, make them get a second opinion, since a lot of the symptoms mirror other behavior disorders.

H
Hubert Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
H
Jeezeeeee. I met a very pretty woman that is bi-polar. she is very nice most of the time but she loses her temper sometimes. But is always nice to me, do you think she is just planning to kill me? she recently left her husband and in under physic care and is on medication. I would like to be friends with her.. Help. eek

IC B2

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
means a sexually confused Eskimo.

Camp is where you make it.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Run.

Camp is where you make it.
byc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Means she's halfway to the North Pole. Let her keep going!

Proud to be a true Sandlapper!!

Go Nats!!!!

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
It is treatable, but not curable. Northern Daves comment above pretty much spells it out in technical medical terms.

As long as they take their medication, they are some better and can make partially rational decisions.

However, they will injest any type of addictive drug they can get their hands on and if they drink alcohol on top of this, you don't want to be within miles of them.

Some might remember this, but I was arrested for aggravated assault about a year ago. The assualtee, or claimed to be was my son. He was living with us at the time, and the reason I let him move in was because he had just been diagnosed as bi-polar. I suspected something before the diagnosis, because he would do things that you would not expect a retarded half wit to do.

He couldn't work or support himself. I let him move in on the condition that he stay away from alcohol and all drugs, except those prescribed for his condition, and that I would help, finiancally, as much as I could to get treatment for him and buy his drugs.

Unknown to me, he sneaked out at night and drank alcohol and ingested mind altering drugs. That is another thing a bi-polar will do--they will tell you anything they think you might believe, regardless of how ridicoulous it would be to a sane person.

One day, he decided to kill me. I was arrested for preventing him from killing me.

I wanted to help him, but that was a big, big mistake.

Thye best, and only way a bi-polar person could be treated would be to be committed to an institution where they cannot get alcohol or any type of drugs other than that used for the treatment of the illness.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Before you invest emotional equity in this person make sure you know what bipolar disorder is about. The condition can be managed, but it is an emotional roller coaster for the sufferer and for their family and friends.

=====================
Boots were made for walking
Winds were blowing change
Boys fall in the jungle
As I Came of Age

IC B3

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
I see you've met my ex......RUN LIKE HELL!

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
N
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Originally Posted by Hubert
Jeezeeeee. I met a very pretty woman that is bi-polar. she is very nice most of the time but she loses her temper sometimes. But is always nice to me, do you think she is just planning to kill me? she recently left her husband and in under physic care and is on medication. I would like to be friends with her.. Help. eek

female and bi-polar are two differnt conditions completely.

grin

Something clever here.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
In simple terms it is a chemical imbalance in the brain, there are different degrees of severity. My daughter is bi-polar, she stays on her prescription, works, goes to school and you would probablly not notice a thing.

Bi-polar can either rev the brain up (manic episode) or drop the person in depression. The reason they appear crazy is becasue when the brain gets revved up they don't sleep and that's what creates the "crazy" impression.

Remember reading about sailors during WWII who after their ship had been sunk they spend three or four days in the water? Many would become exhausted from the stress and lack of sleep and then begin to hallucinate. They would see islands that weren't there and swim off and never bee seen again, some would convince themselves there was fresh water below the saltwater and dive down, drink and drown.

It is the same with somebody bi-polar, the chemical imbalance does not allow them more than a couple hours of sleep a night, then it catches up to them they begin to hallucinate, hear voices, and believe they can dive down under the saltwater and drink. The person really isn't crazy, rather exhausted from a lack of sleep but even then they still appear revved up. The brain is running hard, the rest of the system including the brain is exhausted.

Hope that helped.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Hubert
my brother,s ex is bi-polar.she almost drove him crazy and he was misreable.he left her after 10 yr and is a much happier person

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
H
Hubert Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
H
I will stay friends with her, but will sleep with one eye open.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Crazy chicks are hawt!

No, seriously, RUN!!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
staying just friends prolly no big deal.....sure in the hell wouldnt date or marry a woman with it.....having dealt with a few that were i dont invest much time or emotion into anyone with it that aint blood kin....just friends? sure, lot easier to cut and run if they decide not to be on their meds.....if they stay on their meds though its really no big deal but in my experience thats a really big if....

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
When chicks are in the manic stage it's the best sex you will ever have.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Until afterwards, when she tries to kill you, throws all your stuff out in the street, and you have to call the cops. Didn't I tell you guys about my friend who actually had to fake some of his orgasms, just so his girlfriend would leave him alone? That girl was [bleep]' crazy +P.....

Now with even more aplomb
H
Hubert Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
H
Why do think I want to stay friends? crazy

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

595 members (01Foreman400, 160user, 1beaver_shooter, 16gage, 007FJ, 16Racing, 60 invisible), 2,912 guests, and 1,278 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,360
Posts18,488,041
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.