Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Ost Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
[Linked Image]

There are lots of them, and they build webs at face level.

I hate escalators. I slipped and fell down the steps for an hour and a half.
GB1

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
Yuck! are they poisonous?

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Gag sick i'd freak the f*!k out if I ran into one of those alien DNAed spiders. Thanks for the picture.

Brett (Mac)

Brett
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
all spiders are poisonous but only a few can hurt you

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
Well can that one hurt?

IC B2

Ost Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
I'm told it can leave a nasty bite mark but that is about it.

I walked through a banana spider web once... I successfully completed the spider dance (didn't get bit) and kept a better eye out as I moved.

I hate escalators. I slipped and fell down the steps for an hour and a half.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Of all the stories written here, that friggin' spider thing gives me the f'n heabie jeabies big time.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Had a pat go up right between my legs.It was pitch black and I was on my way to a bow stand. Did the 2 step for 3 or 4 seconds. The pucker factor was high for few seconds. On another occassion, and this may have been worse. I was coming out of the woods in the evening, it was well past dark. I was walking up on the stick and mud moat of a beaver pond. A beaver that I could not see slapped his tail on the water. He was quite close and I feel off the moat luckly away from the water. That scared the sheet out me. Couldn't believe how loud that was.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
the spiders don't bother my but do my son. so when we head out to the stand down a 1/2 mile trail in the dark i take the lead and brush them off as i walk into them.i don't use the flashlite unless its apsolutely necessary

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Coming out of my stand in VT back in '00 after dark, started hearing some loud crunching getting closer......I knew a big bear had been seen around so I stopped and jacked a round into my rifle just in case.......well, the noise got closer and closer until there it was.....a massive bull moose 5 feet away.......I could smell the thing it was so damned close......it was a full moon that night and it was directly behind him silhouetting him.....very cool, he just stopped, looked at me and slowly walked away.

IC B3

F
F
Not from hunting but I was in Boy Scouts as a kid. I had some initiation where I was 'chosen' for the Arrow of Light. They dragged us to some random part of the camp and we had some inition where we were sitting on the ground. On the way back I kept feeling like something was crawling on my tee shirt. I kept swatting at it and it felt like it was gone finally.. Didn't think about it until the ceremony was done and everyone was back in their tents going to bed about an hour later. When I got back to my tent I turned and my tent mate screamed that there was a Black Widow on my back inches from my neck. I ran out the tent screaming, threw off my shirt and slapped and twisted as much as I could to make sure it wasn't on me and just about woke up the entire tent. We still saw the spider on my shirt and put it in a clear plastic cup. Someone killed it by drowning it in alcohol to preserve its body. Beautiful but deadly spider, about the size of a nickel or quarter. I always thought they were tiny like 1cm or so, no idea they were so big. The black body with its red hour glass really sent a chill down my spine when I examined it.

The next day, I woke up to my friend's father screaming. He went to the Scout latrine to relieve himself and was attacked by a raccoon that really scratched up his legs good. Several deep gashes.

Later on I worked as a Boy Scout camp leader. When we were taking down those awful army tents I noticed that there were four black widows living in the corners of my tent and under our floor board.. Creepy

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Odessa, that story cracked me up...we've all been there. smile

Camp is where you make it.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A couple of seasons ago I was huntin from a ladder stand in North Alabama. It was just getting light enough to see well. I hear a loud "Whoosh" and feel the wind as an barred owl flies about 6-12 inches from my nose then lands on a branch about 10 feet away.

Always remember that you are unique, just like everyone else.
K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
i went to maine in 2001 bear hunting, being from VA i didnt know what dense cover was until then, when it gets dark in ME it gets dark, im out of my stand walking back to meet my buddies gun unloaded properly following MEs hunting regs and i got inbetween 2 rutting bull moose about 30 yards or so on either side yeah right kiss my ass goodbye, it probaly looked like a dozer made a trail through the woods to the truck,
2nd i was predtor hunting last winter at night, i was calling and had a set of eyes walking a fence line toward me gets about 40 yards from me and stops didnt know what it was at this point, turned off the light and it let out a scream heard around the world, like a dumb*** i started to drop everything and run after i started breathing and realized that im still alive i remembered that i have a loaded gun and a light later to realize that it was a bob kitty Ron

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
1 more not going to my deer stand but sneaking up on some turkeys, crawling through the grass trying to get an edge on some birds about 15-20 ft into the field im crawling on my belly stop to glass the birds and what do i hear, i rattlesnake rattling seemed like about 3 mm from my ear the smellfrom the soiled britches probably saved my life at that time Ron

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

411 members (10Glocks, 10ring1, 17CalFan, 12344mag, 160user, 1badf350, 40 invisible), 1,896 guests, and 1,201 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,633
Posts18,493,125
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.