Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Maser Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Mine sure feel like they are. This past weekend I had 2 days to get out and go shooting and worst part is I actually planned to do so. Got my 50 round mag back from my friend and had ~800 rounds of loose .22LR ammo for my 10/22. But rather than go to my friends and I's half baked plinking range we made in our hometown, I ended up staying home and fixing our vacuum cleaner and then the next day fixing our dryer and then using the fixed vacuum to clean the house. I mean they are things that had to be done, but it is crazy because I was so psyched about getting out and shooting, but yet the feeling went right away as I was doing what I was doing.

I never used to be like this. 5 or 6 years ago if I was invited to go shooting or just simply if I wanted to go, there was no questions asked and I would go. Whether it was simple rimfire plinking or some NFA fun with my uncle in Nevada. There was never no "maybe" in it. I would just go. Maybe it's because I'm a family man now? I don't know. I highly doubt I will ever stop being into shooting seeing as I been shooting since I was 3, but it just feels weird that I am not shooting as much as I did when I was younger. I do still do a lot of backyard shooting with my airguns and have been teaching my son airsoft shooting as well in our backyard, but it just doesn't feel the same as shooting when you can smell burnt powder. I know my main issue is that I have yet to learn how to budget my time, but it seems that when I do, I always find other things that need to be done. frown

Anyone else here ever feel like that and if so, is there an easy cure because I can seriously need one?

I'm Libertarian for these 3 reasons:

1.) I'm American
2.) I'm not insane enough to be Democrat
3.) I'm not wussy enough to be Republican

GB1

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Know it all to well.In days past a friend would call and we would go shooting.Always a new gun to check out ect.Go to the range or someones place.Now a lot of friends are gone and time is hard to find.I just got old.

Ideas are far more powerful than guns, We dont let our people have guns. Why should we let them have ideas. "Joseph Stalin"

He who has braved youths dizzy heat dreads not the frost of age.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Are you even old enough yet for one to suspect a short attention span?

grin

BAN THE RAINBOW FLAG!
PERVERTS OFFEND ME!

"When is penguin season, daddy? I wanna go kill a penguin!"
---- 4 yr old Archerhuntress

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Nice post emo boy.

Originally Posted by captain seafire
I replace valve cover gaskets every 50K, if they don't need them sooner...
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Been shooting more this year. Several friends have started up or gotten back into the game, and I'm all too happy to help them get going and get shooting. Advising them how to spend their money is fun, too. grin

"Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing."
Robert E. Howard
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Maser
But rather than go to my friends and I's half baked plinking range we made in our hometown, I ended up staying home and fixing our vacuum cleaner and then the next day fixing our dryer and then using the fixed vacuum to clean the house. I mean they are things that had to be done, but it is crazy because I was so psyched about getting out and shooting, but yet the feeling went right away as I was doing what I was doing.

I never used to be like this. 5 or 6 years ago if I was invited to go shooting or just simply if I wanted to go, there was no questions asked and I would go.

Maybe it's because I'm a family man now? I don't know.

I know my main issue is that I have yet to learn how to budget my time, but it seems that when I do, I always find other things that need to be done. frown

It always brings a lump in my throat when they graduate from "Huggies" to "Pull-ups"! Work on that time management thing, you may just grow up yet!

Alan

Food is at the core of Hunting and Fishing - Rebecca Gray

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Mine did this past summer, due to other things. Work basically kept me busy, and working twelve hour night shifts kinda killed my day time. Now that I'm back at school, I'll have some time to get a little shooting in before firearms seasons open up again. Plus it'll be cooler which is always a plus.

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
My problem is adrenalin. Bench work is fine, but when I pull up on a big game animal I forget everything I know about squeezing the trigger and jerk it. Ken

�Nothing is so permanent as a temporary government program." -- Milton Friedman
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I just call it "lazy" as it applies to me.

Didn't know you were old enough to even have habits. laugh

Someday I hope to be the person my dogs think I am . . .
The only true cost of having a dog is its death.
Someone once said "a nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves."
Shiloh Sharps . . . there is no substitute.
NRA Endowment Member
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Awwwww man......10 pages at least. cry

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Maybe it's a sign of maturity. Taking care of things that need to be done instead of running out and playing with your toys.
I'm gonna give you an attaboy on this one.
Looking for more of the same indicators

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
For a while I was actually feeling guilty about all the shooting I got in this spring and early summer. Probably 8 or 9 days total trying clean ground squirrels out of 3 or 4 sections of alfalfa. One simply has to get the weekend chores addressed in the evenings during the week.

Retirement, however, has eased things quite a bit lately. 1Minute

1Minute
T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
[Linked Image]

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Lock yourself in the "Closet of Stregnth and Wisdom" for a month or so. LEAVE the kid outta' that place.

Dwell on something,....anything,....you'll think of it.

When you get out,....post somewhere else.

No one here cares

GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

543 members (204guy, 10gaugemag, 1lessdog, 1minute, 160user, 1234, 61 invisible), 2,520 guests, and 1,225 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,792
Posts18,516,087
Members74,017
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.