Horsepower and torque in harmony..........................grin

[Linked Image]

I kinda like that one RD.
dave

[Linked Image]

Only accurate rifles are interesting.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Bought this one new in 95, has over 66K on it. Sadly not double that, to much other BS in the way. It has done a 600 plus mile day a few 500's and several 400's. A lot of those rides was at 75 MPH plus 90% of it.
First 7 or 8 years I had her it was 2 1/2 miles of dirt road to the pavement. I did lose one drive belt to a rock, had to replaced the pet cock, speedo sending unit, and bought a S&S carb last year, dyam new gas I suspect. Did put a cam and them dang noisy pipes on her the first year. In traffic I like those pipes real well, but if I am gonna hit the Highway for a few hours or hundred, I would like to shut em up. No real mechanical failures yet. Lets hope it stays that way.
[Linked Image]

Had to put that bigazz rear seat back on her when I got married 3 years ago today.
First bike I ever had with a window too, I love that sucker when it rains, or crap hits it at about 70 or 80.
I have rode this bike in wind till sand was blowin, hail, and rain for thousands of miles and snow for a few. From 110 degrees plus to 22. Only did 22 once, in fact I quit riding if it's freezing altogether after I hit some ice one morning. Still not sure how I stayed upright.

Last edited by 700LH; 09/22/09.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I think he was referring to the newbies and wannabes who trailer their bikes to events, then unload and ride a bit..

"Sigh".... the OTHER side of the Harley experience.... you'll never meet a crowd more prone to point fingers and denigrate....

'Tis a point of confusion with many to confuse conformity with morality, nowhere is this stronger than with "the Harley faithful".

I got 200,000+ miles on bikes, ridden all year round, all over the country, putting in 700 mile - 1,000 mile days as a matter of course. It dont make me a super hero.

Birdwatcher

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by 338Federal
K Les, Don't care what brand they are, they should be able to go the speed limit any Kia can go. If not, they need to let others motor past easily.
Don't blame the bike, dude, it's the DRIVER who controls the throttle..

Originally Posted by Pugs
Originally Posted by KCBighorn
Nothing like being in the woods where it's quiet then hearing pack of Harleys three miles across the valley.

Your welcome smile

*sigh* apparently my gripe wasn't clear grin
Why stop with HDs? Ever try to fish on a quiet lake w/o the sounds of chain saws/lawn mowers making your ears ring?? I swear, there can't be a tree left standing around some of the lakes around here.. THAT gets me ticked off..

Originally Posted by Tracks
I'd come up on 50 to 100 bikes strung out for 3/4 mile all tooling along at 55 on a two lane road
If that's the speed limit on that road, why ask for a rather spendy ticket?? You wanna go well over that? Fine - you play/you pay.. Speeding tix are an expensive pita around TAX HELL WISCONSIN.. I don't need it.. But I rarely, rarely go below the limit.. I'm usually 5 over here, 20 over in Minnesota (where you'll get rear-ended if you're not going at least 15 over).. laugh

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by 86thecat
Ran bikes hard when I was young, all types of bikes. Built more than my share of four fives and a couple of eighty flat heads from piles of parts. Have seen way too many wanna be's on Harleys trying to be hard assed (when they can't even change their own oil let alone time the scavenger and seat a check ball). As an old riding buddy says "there are a lot of motorcycles out there but damn few bikers". Not angry, just tired of the newbies with attitude.
When a guy is 20, runs drag pipes and shows off it's because he's young and stupid but may out grow it. When a guy does it at 50, he's just stupid.

Sounds like the young guys aren't the ones with the attitude...

Camp is where you make it.
IC B2

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by Redneck

Why stop with HDs? Ever try to fish on a quiet lake w/o the sounds of chain saws/lawn mowers making your ears ring?? I swear, there can't be a tree left standing around some of the lakes around here.. THAT gets me ticked off..

Me too. I can like loud pipes on anything but honda civic with a coffe can tail pipe.

But everytime I want to fish, someone has to fire up the weed wacker or leaf blower, that has some sort of supertuned cam kit, with a set of drag pipes on it, or a weekend warrior firing up his new hot saw. smile

Last edited by tzone; 09/23/09.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
What is the deal with all the black clothing that "bikers" wear?

Boots, belts, jeans, t-shirts, vests, jackets, why black?

Why wear a diaper on the head?

I don't have to blip my throttle to keep my Chevy running at a stop light, Why do guys on HDs have to blip theirs? Crank up the idle screw or get a tune up if you are afraid it will stall

G
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
G
Nice choice Oly!

HD, Honda, Suzuki--it doesn't matter. Buy the bike that stirs your soul.

I'd always wanted to learn how to ride but have been talking myself out of it for years (I used to be a volunteer firefighter and witnessed a few too many accidents). Two weekends ago, I took an ABATE class and got my motorcycle endorsement. I really wanted a BMW and was on my way back to the dealership to buy a used 650 I'd found. I got sidetracked when a Triumph whispered in my ear during a test ride. The bike just felt right. I brought it home. Now it just needs to stop snowing so I can ride.

I'm new at motorcycles, but they seem to be like rifles, shotguns and fly rods. It's all about how they feel and you really need more than one...

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Originally Posted by 9point3
What is the deal with all the black clothing that "bikers" wear?

Boots, belts, jeans, t-shirts, vests, jackets, why black?

Why wear a diaper on the head?

I don't have to blip my throttle to keep my Chevy running at a stop light, Why do guys on HDs have to blip theirs? Crank up the idle screw or get a tune up if you are afraid it will stall

I wear black because it doesn't show dirt like white would
after you wipe your hands on your pants after adjusting your chain.
I don't think many guys would want white leathers for the same reason.
I have no clue about the diapers.
I saw a guy on a Kawasaki Vulcan at Sturgis with straight pipes and a nervous twitch in his throttle hand. He drove into the Buffalo Chip campground constantly blipping his throttle. I also saw a kid on a Honda tip over while doing a burnout. Not all idiots ride Harley Davidsons.
I worked with a young punk engineer who rode a Hayabusa who was telling me that Harley riders wreck the image for everyone else who rides. Next he tells me about riding 130 MPH with open exhaust on his Suzuki??????????DUHHHHHH?
When I am bear hunting I hear loud pickup trucks from miles away. I also hear loud chainsaws and ATV's and a few rice rockets too! Lot's of kids on tuner cars have loud exhaust
but I want to shoot a bear not an innocent person.
I would rather see my sister in a whorehouse than my brother on a Jap Bike!
whelennut

I like to do my hunting BEFORE I pull the trigger!
There is only one kind of dead, but there are many different kinds of wounded.
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by whelennut

"arrrg arrrg"

IC B3

byc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by whelennut

whelennut

Man---that says a lot!

Proud to be a true Sandlapper!!

Go Nats!!!!

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Me too. he would be wasting money, and she would be making it. grin

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Barkoff
They say loud pipes save lives. smile

This last weekend in the woods in PA, if I'd had an RPG with me it would have cost someone their's wink

Where at? Could've maybe been some of my buddies! laugh

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Personally, I'm a sport bike fan (crotch rocket), as I like the idea of a lighter bike, more power, better handling, etc. as well as the looks and sound. However, if cruising is the goal, then Harleys and the like have that area cornered.

Borrowed my buddy's '08 (I think) GSX-R 600 this weekend and took the girlfriend for about a 100 mile ride. To say I was sore afterward, not to mention my numb throttle, is an understatement. I'd imagine a good bit of that was from having two people on that little bike.

Rode with four other guys, three on HD's and another on a Victory. They definitely do not ride slow, I will guarantee that. To say we stayed within double digit speeds would be a bold faced lie...

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by Scorpion
To say we stayed within double digit speeds would be a bold faced lie...

and your old lady didn't kick you in the junk?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
She told me I didn't go fast enough...Guess that makes her a keeper? laugh

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
for you guys that want the speed still and a harley don't forget the vrod

DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR

I LOVE MY COUNTRY IT'S THE GOV'T I FEAR
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by 86thecat
Need for Speed - Angelle
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

she rode a buell last year i sure hope she finds sponsorship to race next year and not move to top fuel or funny car

DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR

I LOVE MY COUNTRY IT'S THE GOV'T I FEAR
Barkoff Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Took her out for a run this evening so I took the digital. Nothing fancy, But paint is good, only 6500 miles, but still needs a little exhaust work and some new rubber, but hey, I'm riding again. Gonna throw the Mrs. on the back this weekend and head up tp San Juan Batista for some dinner. 1991 FLH

[Linked Image]

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
Nice looking bike, Barkoff

Guns are like guitars - you can never have too many.
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

560 members (10gaugemag, 1936M71, 160user, 1234, 06hunter59, 007FJ, 59 invisible), 2,382 guests, and 1,286 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,532
Posts18,491,244
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.