Print Thread
Hop To
Page 229 of 1,842 1 2 227 228 229 230 231 1841 1842
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
I'll be out there by noonish anyways, stop on out. Road in is bumpy as usual but it's all dried up.

Something clever here.

GB1

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Great weekend, I'll post the few pictures i have, hoping tzone & colorado have some pics to post too.

i'm cooking some wisconsin brats from maplewood meats in greenbay thanks to tzone. man, these are gonna be awesome i know it!! I'll save 2 packs for deer camp but this pack lost it's vacuum so, i had to cook it. smile

Something clever here.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Here's a few

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Beware of any old man in a profession where one usually dies young.

Calm seas don't make sailors.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

and of course the campfire smile

[Linked Image]

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
[Linked Image]

another one of the fire when it was rip roarin

[Linked Image]

tzone built him one heck of a blind where several trails converge, I'll be shocked if he doesn't connect with the nice buck he saw in that same area yesterday.

I got my tree picked out, just need to hang a ladder stand next time I head up that way.

IC B2

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Good pics Colorado!

The little guy had a lot of fun I think, I'm guessing he slept all the way home, and probably started before you hit the gravel. smile

I had a great time with these tow goofballs this weekend, and only expect more in a month or so.

Dave has a great camp, and a great family to share it with. I'm honored I get a chance to be part of it.

Camp is where you make it.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
he did sleep the whole way home, he made it almost to the store before he fell asleep.
he woke up a block from home! right when the Vikes won the game

well I have to head to bed, I stayed up way too late

and I agree Tom, Dave and his family are the best folks there are.
between learning about leopard squirrels and learning that the stars are easier to see when the wind isn't blowing smile I learned lots of facts this weekend, thanks again Dave and Pam!

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Great pictures guys. You did a good job of cleaning up most of the beer cans. Cute little guy you've got there Colorado.

Carpet cleaners coming this morning so the computer room will be off limits until the carpet dries. Catch you later.

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except for bears. Bears kill you.
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
it was good to meeet you fellers this weekend out at the ranch! we had fun, always a good time out there! Have to keep your eyes out for one of them der' 32's too. Thanks dave for the munchers, that elk was tasty too. the best part was i felt good yesterday morning after being out there...

It is a silly fish that is caught twice with the same bait!
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by BuschPilot
it was good to meeet you fellers this weekend out at the ranch! we had fun, always a good time out there! Have to keep your eyes out for one of them der' 32's too. Thanks dave for the munchers, that elk was tasty too. the best part was i felt good yesterday morning after being out there...

Ya know Buschy...if you drink slow and steady, you don't feel too bad do ya? smile

It was great meeting you and Lester...had a great time. I can't wait until deer season when we can break out the crapolade! I might be able to find some Captain then too. grin

See you boys again soon I hope.

IC B3

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Ok I finally have some pictures ready to put up. I'm glad Ryan got some pics because i'm not too impressed with my pictures but here are a few.

Tom cookin some of those chili brats in the kitchen.

[Linked Image]

here's ryan trying to figure out how to run the stroller "how's this thing work?"

[Linked Image]

here we are out scouting for hunting spots sunday morning.

[Linked Image]

sorry about the blurry pictures, i'd blame it on slow shutter speed but the truth is these guys were just moving too fast for a conventional camera to capture grin

[Linked Image]

We were building a blind for Tom, my 2 boys were keeping us safe from the red squirrels who were waging a vicious attack on us.

[Linked Image]

Something clever here.

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
some more of the blind coming together.

[Linked Image]

my little guy & tom stopping long enough for me to get a picture.

[Linked Image]

inside of tom's blind

[Linked Image]

outside

[Linked Image]

and i wanted the guys to see that the whisky jacks did finally come for our left over offering of pancakes out on the rock. They showed up just after you guys left.

[Linked Image]

Something clever here.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
very cool, the shot of hail musta woke them up smile

I like the deer in the headlights look I have going on there, LOL

buschpilot if was good to meet you and Les too! I'm interested in that crapolade myself, I'll see if I can make a batch of apple pie to bring with as well

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by Colorado1135

buschpilot if was good to meet you and Les too! I'm interested in that crapolade myself, I'll see if I can make a batch of apple pie to bring with as well

Oh boy....I see this as trouble. smile

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
forgot to tell about the bear we saw on Friday. Tom & I were on the way back from a run we made to the store for some hot dog buns & we saw a really nice bear close to our access road.

looked like it was a regular ground bear, non flying.

grin

Something clever here.

Dave this is my first post to this site and I just wanted to tell you how much I have enjoyed this thread. I finally finished reading it from start to the latest post. It is great to see a man who involves his family and friends in his passion. As time goes on I will post some pics and a little about myself. In the mean time keep up the great thread. Hope you have a great trip to Colorado elk hunting. I hunted Colorado for ten years and many great memories were made in that beautiful country. Later Brad

Skagitblacktailretired
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Wow, thanks Brad.

hope to hear more from you here at the campfire forums. It's a great place, lots of areas to explore here.

you know you are getting close to a big hunting trip when the 10 day weather forecast tells you what your driving weather is going to be like grin

the trip is pretty much right here in front of us & I'm getting excited about it.

thanks for posting, thanks for the kind words & wow, I can't believe you read the whole thread grin

Something clever here.

By way of introduction I spent most of my life in the Upper Skagit Valley, North Cascades, in Washington state. Harvested my first blactail and black bear at the age of nine. Hunted until 3 years ago when I retired to California. During that time I was fortunate enough to hunt in Washington, Idaho, Montana, Colorado and BC. Towards the end of my hunting life I lost the urge to pull the trigger and just enjoyed seeing the animals and enjoying the camp life. Brad

Skagitblacktailretired
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
very cool. we can never have enough truly experienced hunters on the forums here.

I'm sure any experience you can share here at the campfire will be well recieved & appreciated.

Something clever here.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Nice to hear from you Brad.

You're not the first guy to make his first post right here on this tread.

How long did it take you to read it all?

I usaully do once a year, but not straight through.

Stick around, it's a cool place.

Tom

Page 229 of 1,842 1 2 227 228 229 230 231 1841 1842

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

520 members (222Sako, 10Glocks, 219 Wasp, 21, 1minute, 1OntarioJim, 51 invisible), 2,381 guests, and 1,200 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,432
Posts18,489,277
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.