-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Looking for some rigging info that will save me time and headache. I've never had to pack out game before so please bear with me here if you can. I'm hunting an WMA for hogs, that does not allow motorized vehicles so I'll have to pac out the hog. I picked up a Badlands 2800 and am looking for some rigging info for those that have used them.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Windage & Elevation
GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Well this is kind of a hog. laugh Its a boar atleast. All I did was cross the bottom to straps on the bat wings to the opposite bat wing so that the hide didn't fall through as I hiked. The rest just sat in there just fine. If you have more questions or need a better explantion just holler. Pretty straight forward though.

[Linked Image]

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
Yep, cross the bottom two straps and you're good to go.

~backcounty hunting the west~
F
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
F
Anyone else with pictures of the BL 2800 pack in action?
Looking to upgrade my bivy pack to carry small 3-day gear loads and still take out the first load of meat. How comfortable/heavy was the load?

Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
AK-lanche,
I had seen your post before, in fact it's what motivated me to get the BL-2800 over others.
My younger Bro works the North Slope out of Deadhorse, and hope to hunt up there next season. But until then all we got are hogs down here.
Thanks for the info. I didn't think it was that easy. Being a fishing Capt. I'm used to rigging the crap out of things, and thought the pac was lacking in tie-down loops to secure a load. I do see (2) on ether side of the wings toward the outside. I'll try packing a test load as you recommend.
Thanks for the input.

Windage & Elevation
IC B2

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I actually field tested a Badlands 2800 pack by the manufacturer a pinch of time back, along with a few other companies that asked me to try out their goods. I did 36 days in winter,(December/January), on the Continental Divide testing gear. I wasn't hunting as that was "against the rules of the companies", but I put the pack through the mother of all tests using whatever I had in the field to simulate actual packing. I'm not talking about loading rock and walking around camp, I'm talking about loading rock and walking for 2 days at a minimum and book fielding my thoughts, comments and such. I was "asked" to film as much as I could on the test, but that really didn't work out so great. I wont comment on how the other gear I tested rated, as it's not important to this post, but I will say, I loaded that 2800 so heavy, awkward, unbalanced, got it wet, got it too close to the fire, yanked on straps....couldn't even to get it to come close to popping a thread or zipper. The stuff is bullet proof.

If you want more info, just PM me.

Robert

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

638 members (10gaugeman, 12344mag, 10gaugemag, 10Glocks, 160user, 06hunter59, 69 invisible), 2,793 guests, and 1,255 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,415
Posts18,528,222
Members74,033
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.