Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 230 of 1,842 1 2 228 229 230 231 232 1841 1842
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Welcome Brad! Most of these guys are harmless, but the critters they encounter in the woods are not. Everyone can learn from them on how to avoid flying bears and such.

Tzone, I love one of the first pics of you with the two antlers about chest level. The look on your face is priceless...it looks like you are wondering what in the heck these thing are!

Then, in one of the next shots, you have them on your head. Right idea, wrong species. You might wanna shore up those deer identification skills by having RWS mentor you.

Started the house! Yippee! Digging commenced today. about 2 feet of black dirt with sand below.

Quick Cole update: This is his off week and he tolerated his second round of chemo much better than the first. He sure has lost a lot of weight though and of course his hair. 4 year olds shouldnt be losing lots of weight (newly minted 39 year olds could though whistle). But he hasnt lost his spirit at all. He was skipping and waving his arms in the back of the church on his way to sunday school on Sunday.

What you do today is important, you are trading a day in the rest of your life for it.
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
dave we shoulda got a picture of you wearing the winchester hat smile

great to hear the updates on Cole, as a father of a young boy (pictures posted a page back) it pulls at my heart strings when I read about what he's facing.

Beware of any old man in a profession where one usually dies young.

Calm seas don't make sailors.
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
ditto on the cole update. Pam checks caring bridge every night here.

yeah we shoulda got a picture of someone wearing the bear head too... dang, maybe next time!! grin

Something clever here.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
You guys had wayyy too much fun this weekend.I envy you. Tom,good ground blind.
Brad,it is always good to have another face here.Glad you joined.

Stan in SC

The more I listen,the more I hear....and vice versa.

45/70,it's almost a religion.

If you have to take a second shot then you probably shouldn't have taken the first shot.
Thanks all for the welcome. Dave I am retired so I spent about a week off and on reading the thread. It really took on a life of its own and then all the great people who have joined in makes it like a living novel. I know my avitar is small but that is a white blacktail doe, not an albino, who is without a doubt the best buck magnet I have ever encountered. I will dig up some photo's of her over the years and some of the nice bucks harvested because of her. Thanks again for the welcome and this great thread. Brad

Skagitblacktailretired
IC B2

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Man I forgot about that bear hat....there are enough skins on the wall, that we could have had a pow-wow. smile

Maybe next time.

Camp is where you make it.
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Frost on the ground this morning, steam on the lake, geese flying,and my kids digging thru blaze orange, somethings in the air...

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
for sure, I had to scrape windows on my old truck this morning & step the peddle down hard so the choke spring could flip the choke plate closed on the old carb. Then had to sit there & feather the peddle to make sure she would run on her own before i went back into the house to get my coffee cup & lunch box grin

but the frost scraped easy with a credit card, credit card frost, it aint so bad grin

Something clever here.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
No frost here until tonight. 42 on my way into work this am. We need a good hard blast of frost. Get some color on the trees.

I know the length of daylight is what does it, but it sure seems to change quick when we get a frost.

Only going to be 32, so it will be a credit card frost here too.

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
30 here this morning

Something clever here.

IC B3

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Welcome Brad.

Had to run the furnace to help the carpet dry. Still damp in some areas.

Windy as hell here yesterday. Quite a few dead braches in the yard to deal with this morning. Frost warning for tonight. Fianlly starting to feel like fall.

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except for bears. Bears kill you.
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Tom, like the blind. Just like the ones I use. Got a chance to buy one of those man made plastic enclosed blinds at a very good price ($150). Need to check it out to see if there's enough room for my big ole body.

Need to start reloading for the 06 this week.

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except for bears. Bears kill you.
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I am thinking about buying a ground blind. Fleet Farm has them for $39.99. Building the house and all, that is a pretty attempting price....wonder if they are any good? Either that, or some straw bales.

36 here this morning and the wind finally stopped. Man, that is nice.

What you do today is important, you are trading a day in the rest of your life for it.
You guys are killing me. We hit 105 for a high yesterday and should cool down to 99 for a high today. Living in the Palm Springs, Ca. area is wonderful for outdoor activities like golf but doesn't do much for neck swelling this time of the year. Good luck to all of you hunting this year. Stay safe and shoot straight. Brad

Skagitblacktailretired
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
a bit cooler here this morning, 29 on the truck on the way in to work. I made a few Blinds that are 4'x4' and used 2x2's for the construction of them. i can tip them into the back of my ranger or pickup and store them in the shed for the year. its a nice way to go. got an office chair in them so you can swing around each way and plexi-glass windows to slide open. some of my blinds i even put the heater in. the 4x4's you can build very cheap though. Nice way to go too.

It is a silly fish that is caught twice with the same bait!
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Do you remember what type of blind they are?

Even the cheapies are decent now.

Don't plan on them keeping water out in a downpour though...you will get wet after a while.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
a heater! what the heck is this world coming to? grin

I have thought about using one at times, but mostly just carry a wool army blanket and keep it wraped around my legs. Usually does the trick.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
tzone, i should have got you pictures of my 12'x12. now thats the way to go. last year we even had other hunters coming over for breakfast in our stand. nice card table in the middle, 6 chairs and a cookstove in there. we used to have it 12' in the air on telephone poles but now we made it more mobile and have it on a old hay wagon. works out pretty good, we call it party hunting....

It is a silly fish that is caught twice with the same bait!
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by BuschPilot
works out pretty good, we call it party hunting....

Excellent. smile

Put some pics up if ya got 'em.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
does it have stools in it?
you'd think it would have to......... laugh

Beware of any old man in a profession where one usually dies young.

Calm seas don't make sailors.
Page 230 of 1,842 1 2 228 229 230 231 232 1841 1842

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

383 members (160user, 1Longbow, 12344mag, 10gaugeman, 10ring1, 17CalFan, 33 invisible), 2,017 guests, and 1,062 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,373
Posts18,488,422
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.