Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
We dropped off that ammo at Grampa's house with my old battered Ruger 30-06. You see Grampa is un-employed now and never really took to hunting... So grampa needs a new hobby this fall. But thats another story wink

She told Grampa (and I schitt you not) "Good old fashioned Hornady Interlocks at 2700 and change will kill the hell out of deer, dad said you don't need the bullets with walls in them until you go after bigger and tougher critters or shoot Ooobermags"

I'm Irish...

Of course I know how to patch drywall

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Makes me sort of sad, in that, my daughter did the same at about that age. I miss those times.

We do other stuff now and spend a great deal of time together, but those more "innocent", the whole world is fresh and exciting, turn to me for most everything days..........well, they seem mostly long since gone.

I suppose it's more about me wanting her to be more dependent on me than she is. Likely.....I miss that the most.

Thanks for the memories, pics and post Dan.....smile.

Last edited by magnumb; 10/03/09.
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by muledeer
Good for her...and good for you! This will carry through her life, as a relationship if nothing else. Given where she lives and who she lives with, I'm betting she shoots a deer or speedgoat about next year... grin.

Dennis

You'd be right laugh I'm actually in the process of rounding up parts for another Sucks 700 SA. She and her twin sister will each be needing rifles in a couple years. They both shoot that little Model 7 260 of mine quite well.

I did have to get on her ass last time they got report cards, she had a B in English frown

Steelhead. You see that Gracey in the pic? I would never torture my kids with the chore of trimming cases. Dishes and lundry is bad enough smile

I'm Irish...

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by DanAdair

She told Grampa (and I schitt you not) "Good old fashioned Hornady Interlocks at 2700 and change will kill the hell out of deer, dad said you don't need the bullets with walls in them until you go after bigger and tougher critters or shoot Ooobermags"

What can you say???

grin grin grin

Ingwe

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
She was paying attention. She asked why there were so many red boxes on the shelves.

She also noticed that the next most popular color was yellow, followed by black and gold

When she asked me what the difference was between a Hot-Cor and an Accubond, I said "about 25 bucks per hundred..."

This is the same girl that asked me last week if we could watch a scary movie. I told her "Schitt, turn on Fox News... If you can sit through 5 hours of that without being scared [bleep] and wanting to hide under a rock, you'll go far in life."

I'm thinking it might be a good indication that you have a rifle shooting problem when your 11 year old knows more about bullets than 90% of hunters do whistle

I'm Irish...

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Welcome to the wide, wide world of rifle loonidom.
grin

"For joy of knowing what may not be known we take the golden road to Samarkand."
James Elroy Flecker

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Dan - good for both of you - help keep her head on straight.

What is the recurve on the wall?

Adversity doesn't build character, it reveals it.
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by bwinters
Dan - good for both of you - help keep her head on straight.

What is the recurve on the wall?

Had to take inventory....

Thats my Schaeffer Silvertip (Dave Windauer vintage,) the one above it is about a 6 year old Martin Hunter that has a Bachelors in killin' Whitetails. That one is going to go live in Havre with Deflave for a while

Tim,

laugh

It was just one of those things I noticed on the way to the Hot Springs (the state's Happy Farm)

I'm Irish...

B
B
Thanks for sharing. Too bad more fathers didn't spend quality time teaching their children new interests and hobbies. I personally enjoy carpentry and have plenty of my own tools.

BINOCULARS N SITE: providing rugged Optics for dedicated Hunters

Binos & Rangefinders
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Or hair to dye. Or is that the camera making her hair look like fuchsia?

Who shoots the last ten or are those the ten you are saving for me? grin

Cute young Lady. Girls are blessing.

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Good job there dad. I miss my girls (Now 25 and 26....sniff...) too. My youngest used to like to help me skin stuff. Her sister and mom wanted nothing to do with any of that.

LOVE God, LOVE your family, LOVE your country, LIKE guns and sports.

About 2016 team "R" candidates "We definitely need a crew with a sack of balls the size of hot water bottles, bloviated estrogen leaking feel-gooders need not apply." Gunner 500
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
BinoLady, Welcome to the campfire nice to see another young lady come aboard. Sorry guy's I didn't mean to hijack the thread.

Dan good on you sometimes they can surprise you and it's a good feeling when they do.

de 73's Archie - W7ACT

[Linked Image]

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Too bad so many nutty women use their children as pawns, never allowing dad to spend time.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Steelhead
Too bad so many nutty women use their children as pawns, never allowing dad to spend time.

Here I figured you where going to mention something about all women learning to handle wood.

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." TJ

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing". EB

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Good on you, Dan.

My 8 yo son likes to hang around in the gun room, has for years. I'll let him size pistol cases, no bullet seating yet.

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." TJ

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing". EB

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by derby_dude
Or hair to dye. Or is that the camera making her hair look like fuchsia?

Who shoots the last ten or are those the ten you are saving for me? grin

Cute young Lady. Girls are blessing.

No she died some of it pink.. Their buddies down the street have a mom whose a hairdresser. At least I assume thats what happened.

The last 10 were supervised... And grampa will shoot them more than likely.

I'm Irish...

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by kciH
Originally Posted by Steelhead

Here I figured you where going to mention something about all women learning to handle wood.

And I wsa shocked that "Loads" weren't mentioned eek

I'm Irish...

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I try to reserve that for those who beg for them, repeatedly.

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Where is the Ass-shooter??

Been nice and quiet lately.

I'm Irish...

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Redneck
Originally Posted by DanAdair

She's going to make some redneck bastid a good wife someday
HEY!!!

That was funny!!

Wade

"Let's Roll!" - Todd Beamer 9/11/01.
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

85 members (338reddog, 14idaho, 01Foreman400, 35, 41rem, 007FJ, 5 invisible), 1,519 guests, and 850 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,370
Posts18,488,319
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.