Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger

as well you should be. On just one front there is a health care bill that is about to be passed by this administration, some novel of a bill by Max Baucus of the Senate Finance Committee that will not see the light of day except, maybe briefly, before you hear that it's law. This bill is in committee with its horde of parasitical ammendmants and will in some form pass soon.

I realize that by the demographic visiting this website I'm mostly preaching to the very friendly choir members but I just can't help it; I'm that disturbed. I can guarantee you that you and I and our children and theirs, the great middle class, will pay dearly for it and get less, and in many ways, and this is just on one front of the multi-front "war" this administration is waging on our country. If this provides the motivation for one of you to light a fire under your congress person it'll be worth it.

"The Founders of this country had a very straight forward belief that liberty was the purpose of a just government, but that the Maintenance of this liberty among a free people would require virtue." (Newt Ginrich).

"We have no government armed with power capable of contending with human passions unbridled by morality and religion. Avarice, ambition, revenge, or gallantry would break the strongest cords of our Constitution as a whale goes through a net. Our Constitution was made for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other (John Adams)."

I would submit that among many in our society today personal virtue and an adherence to morality is as common as gold nuggets in our yard, and that is particularly true of those in government. "Power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely."

The list is too long to even go into but for the maddenly obscene ones: Charles Wrangel of the House Ways and Means
Committee-he writes the tax codes!-not declaring 100's of thousands if not millions on his tax form; he is a scofflaw! Try this next year and see how long before you get a friendly letter from the IRS. Nancy Pelosi, House Speaker, refuses to have him step down from his post.

On the health care front, check out Senator Max Baucus, he of the health care bill awaiting delivery and who he has had contributions from: 86k from Schering-Plough (pharmaceuticals), 65k from Amgen Inc. (biochemicals), BC/BS with 62k in gifts, 59k from New York Life, and on and on it goes. Yea, the very essence of objectivity there.

I've said before and, sadly, this is class warfare being waged by the Democrats. They are for consolidating power by buying votes, giving away as much as they can to the expense of the middle class; they will, mostly, as individuals be immune from whatever they pass because they have enough money, resources and connections to live independently of the burdens they place on the masses. We have no statesmen, only used-car-salesmen in office (perhaps the Cash for Clunkers was a Freudian urge) and that may be unfair to the real used car salesmen. And the Republicans have shown no mettle and are to blame too.

And this doesn't even touch on the devaluing of the dollar that is coming soon which this administration has facilitated by the unbelievable debt it has incured for us.

As a Christian I'm an optimist because I know, ultimately, the war is won but present times are again proving the tenet of the nature of human nature, something leftist ideologues just don't get. They don't even see it in themselves and while we may survive it won't be as the Founding Fathers envisioned.

Last edited by goodnews; 10/07/09.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I hear you brother.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Public opinion does not seem to get their attention. Maybe it's time to try something else.
Revolt is getting closer.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I think many people cannot speak their minds freely on this matter.

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." TJ

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing". EB

Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by kciH
I think many people cannot speak their minds freely on this matter.

I will...
I think we should hang the bastards from the cherry blossom trees...

----------------------------------------
I'm a big fan of the courtesy flush.
IC B2

D
djs Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Consensus seems to be:
1. If you've got health care, you don't care about those without.
2. If you are a health provider, you treat poor, uninsured patients without pay.
3. If you are a hospital emergency room, you might have to close because you treat uninsured emergency patients. Then, all people who need emergency care are denied.
4. If you are uninsured, you skip regular and preventative-medicine treatment so that the ER costs become very high when you eventually seek treatment.
5. If you are a poor kid whose parents don't have insurance, you just get sick and die (the US is 26th in the world in child mortality). see: http://www.mindfully.org/Health/2007/US-Death-Rate1may07.htm
6. The US spends more on health care than many socialized nations, yet our health statistics are not as good. see: http://dll.umaine.edu/ble/U.S.%20HCweb.pdf
7. Many young folks eschew health care insurance since they feel they are young and healthy. Sometimes an auto accident puts this excuse in prosepctive and the system (you and me) pick up the tab for a lengthy treatment and rehab.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
You may have to change your handle, goodnews. smile

"Don't believe everything you see on the Internet" - Abraham Lincoln
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Consensus?

There is no health care bill. The health care issue is not about health care. It's about the Federal government seizing more power and control over the people they are supposed to be accountable to and a blank check bill will give our elected criminals an easy way to do exactly that.

If they do this it very well have some dire unintended consequences.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Cheyenne
You may have to change your handle, goodnews. smile

Ah, but note, I do have good news.

Sorry for the downer. I was just feeling it today.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

My Yahoo News early this AM stated Americans were caving fast on healthcare reform based on the latest poll. Obama is hypnotizing the weak and gullible again.

IC B3

D
djs Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by RickyD
Consensus?

There is no health care bill. The health care issue is not about health care. It's about the Federal government seizing more power and control over the people they are supposed to be accountable to and a blank check bill will give our elected criminals an easy way to do exactly that.

No, it is not about health care or about seizing power. It relates to helath care financing and allowing people to pay for and thereby accessing needed care.

D
djs Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by slasher

My Yahoo News early this AM stated Americans were caving fast on healthcare reform based on the latest poll. Obama is hypnotizing the weak and gullible again.

And, I'll bet you have insurance so you don't need to worry about catastrophic costs. About 20% of Americans have no health care insurance. See: http://www.nchc.org/facts/coverage.shtml

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by djs
Originally Posted by RickyD
Consensus?

No, it is not about health care or about seizing power. It relates to helath care financing and allowing people to pay for and thereby accessing needed care.
By taxing the citizens for three years while they try to write a bill. Would you buy a house that way from a general contractor that had proven himself a liar, a thief, and incompetent repeatedly? This is beyond madness.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by djs

And, I'll bet you have insurance so you don't need to worry about catastrophic costs. About 20% of Americans have no health care insurance. See: http://www.nchc.org/facts/coverage.shtml

On this I can speak freely. Move to China...you'll get all the free health care you care to have.

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." TJ

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing". EB

D
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
D
Exceptionally well said, Goodnews.
That John Adams quote is so true. It reminds me of...
"Every country gets the government they deserve."

Hang in there, buddy.
Maybe we'll wake them up in 2010.
In Jersey, we have a chance to give them a little wake-up call next month.

Doc

Send lawyers, guns and money.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I agree with these people....
[Linked Image]

Somebody needs to find the flush handle for the goobermint!

Last edited by elkhunter76; 10/07/09.

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
That would be all well and good, except we'll continue to have it rammed up our ass for time eternity...like all other social programs.

Entitlements never go away.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by djs

I have Medicare and my wife has Blue Cross.
In 2008, we paid out $18,000 out of our own pocket. This year to date, it's already over $15,000 out of our own pocket. Those on Medicaid got the same care for free. We just both happen to be having health problems at this time. The premiums of the amounts I noted are about $5000 a year.

There is no such thing as uninsured in America. I know a Mexican, just got a free bypass for $70,000. He pays nothing.

The real problem is keeping the Fed out of our business. They can enact some laws to set up a program to cover those with pre-existing problems and a catastrophic coverage which should have been done years ago.

Last AARP bulletin showed that old left wing liberal Nixon had a total package for American health care but Ted Kennedy fought it. How bizarre.

The real problems can be simple access. Good doctors do not want to work in an inner city hospital near ghettoes with the types of patients that entails, nor the waiting times, and all that goes with poverty and crime stricken areas. We can't cure that until we have greater nos of doctors who will go there.

I don't know anyone who does not care if there are uninsureds. Where we live now in a smaller community than Atlanta, a hospital serves rich and poor from 50 miles around. Medicaid covers who is not insured.

In Atlanta, Grady, the downtown hospital is not perfect, but all the poor can get care if logistics are taken care of.

Why drag 8 out of 10 down (typical Democrat) and ruin their costs and care to take care of 20 % who are all covered by Medicaid anyway if there situation is truly bad. Leave the 80% alone and work out problems for the pre-existing and catastrophic past 1,000,000.

It's baloney, somebody (Obama)trying to have a legacy because his mama didn't look after her health insurance programs as she should have. That's the way Ted was. He'd meet somebody who had a problem he felt sorry for. He's say to heck with the other 200,000,000 what I am about to do affects, I'm feeling bad about that guy. Chappaquiddick didn't feel for that woman or he'd passed a law putting people like him in prison for 20 years for that crime. He was choosy about who he felt bad about.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger

To the degree the fed is in it and they are promising a public option, it will be an unmitigated disaster for most.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by djs

djs,

That is an important point. And I believe in helping the impoverished or those who are responsible but just can't afford health ins. Of course, we can cover those folks.

I've said this before, that instead of scorching the whole system, we need tort reform-this results in HC providers paying huge sums for liability ins. and practicing defensive medicine; however the sec leftists Demo's won't touch the issue because of the lawyer lobby, their money and votes. Secondly, we develop a program to cover the uninsured as you've intimated and thirdly, we clean up the 20-25% of Medicare fraud, abuse, and waste (billions); there's a SMALL example of government run health insurance. Fourth, we make health ins. portable-you can carry it from state to state and let the ins companies compete across the nation. You can take you policy from D.C. to Cal and back again or say, "don't call me I'll call you", and pick up a competing plan where pre-existing conditions will be covered. This is not hard; it's being ignored because the ideologues think they know best (but if so why are they projecting inactment in '13 after the next pres. election?!)

These "politicians" are doing this-giving away care which by the way is not one of the unalienable rights our Founders envisioned but rather an exchangeable service, a product, best exchanged by free commerce like other products-to consolidate voting power. What do you think will happen to this product when the government takes it over?

Care to fly to Poland for your aneshesia and surgery?

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

181 members (2500HD, 358wsm, 10gaugemag, 7mm_Loco, 204guy, 24 invisible), 2,071 guests, and 1,172 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,240
Posts18,485,903
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.