Print Thread
Hop To
Page 238 of 1,842 1 2 236 237 238 239 240 1841 1842
W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
Muffy,

Welcome aboard!!! Glad to see you here and hope you can find a way to be a regular chickenbuck poster. Sorry for your loss. I know your brother is smiling like heck over the guys right now.. I know I am happy as all get out for the guys especially The Boy and RWS and well ok Dave too.. Can't wait to hear the stories about Elk hunt 09, I'm usually in bed by now but can't sleep.

I laid there thinking and dreamin what kind of experience they have all had this weekend alone, how someday I hope to do the same. The smells, sights and sounds, high fives and hollars of success echoing through the canyons and valleys bellow. Finally my brain is slowing abit but WOW you and your family keep on teaching me what Life really is and how Very Special it is. Thanks for posting and let us hear some of your stories too!

GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Thanks Wabo. I know my brother is watching down on Dave, The Boy, RWS, and my Dad, and he is so proud. It would be so fun to be there to see them when they all filled out. I have not been out bow hunting yet (been sick for the last week). If I get the Big One I will post a picture.

I am out of order until further notice. My "stupid people" filter needs cleaning and my "give a damn" batteries have run out.
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Great plan northern dave and enjoy every minute. The key to any great deer camp is keeping new blood in. I have a deer camp in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan where deer camp is religion and the start of firearm season on Nov 15th is nearly a state holiday and some schools actually close for it. It is much more than just hunting it is family history, tradition,roots and building bonds that will never be broken or forgotten. Unfortunately my cousins and I don't have big families to continue this great tradition and our camp is dwindling. So, like I said keep new blood in and don't just limit it to family members. Keep deer camp alive..............

Keep your powder dry and stay frosty my friends.
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Muffy,

COUSIN! I'm glad you finally piped up and wrote something. Welcome, write often, read, you know that you are welcome with open arms. Love that you are here and love any time that we can spend with you.

Glad to have you here and hope to read of your adventures often too. Hope to see you up at the camp soon.

I can't wait to hear the stories of how the hunters shot their elk. I'M SURE RWS didn't sleep much last night, I'M SURE the excitement made his eyes open wider than they normally are. I can picture it in my head right now. Oh the excitement of it all. I'm so excited I don't know if I'll be able to work today...oh my...long day ahead. grin

"I'm not crying!!"
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Welcome aboard Muffy. I'm sure you can add some Dave stories to keep this thread interesting.

Great news about the guys tagging out. RWS and CBF have to be on clould nine right now. The ND family is going to have some fine eating in the year ahead. cool

Hope my buddy is a lucky. He never saw an Elk last year.

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except for bears. Bears kill you.
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
welcome Muffy, I've known Dave a little less than a year, and I've been up the the chickenbuck "shack" once and will be up there again in a couple weeks. thanks for joining us here at the 'fire and we look forward to hearing more from you, who knows we might bump into each other later this fall. My condolences on the loss of your brother, Dave has spoken of him with very high regard.

Congrats to Dave and the boys on getting their elk, I'm sure they are just beaming right now smile

Beware of any old man in a profession where one usually dies young.

Calm seas don't make sailors.
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Snow, Snow. It's snowing. Very light but it's snow. Deer season is just around the corner. Life is good!

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Holy cow (pun intended), if you have to eat 2 whole elk at your house, you will have to start eating it for breakfast. Plus a few deer I 'spect. Great to hear they did so well.

Snowing here too. we got some snow Friday nite which made hunting pheasants on opener akin to hunting them in December! Pheasant hunting has been real good so far. I even got the little girl out with me yesterday and she got to see us shoot some.

What you do today is important, you are trading a day in the rest of your life for it.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Pam,you said "tagged out".So all of them got an elk?WOW!
It is raining like crazy here.Rifle season for deer started in the upstate of South Carolina yesterday.I may go this coming Wednesday.
Looking forward to pictures from Dave.

Stan in SC

The more I listen,the more I hear....and vice versa.

45/70,it's almost a religion.

If you have to take a second shot then you probably shouldn't have taken the first shot.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
OOOPS!Double post.

Stan in SC

Last edited by Stan_in_SC; 10/12/09.

The more I listen,the more I hear....and vice versa.

45/70,it's almost a religion.

If you have to take a second shot then you probably shouldn't have taken the first shot.
IC B3

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Muffy,

Glad you chose to speak up! It looks like the crew had a heck of a Saturday in CO 'eh?

If your brother is that much like dave, he was one hellova guy.
I lost my best friend 2 octobers ago, and it is still hard for me, so can relate a bit.

I hope you stick around and comment on here with us, and feel free to join in on our general goofyness.

Tom

Camp is where you make it.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by Berettaman
Holy cow (pun intended), if you have to eat 2 whole elk at your house, you will have to start eating it for breakfast. Plus a few deer I 'spect.

I'll take one.... 'tis by far my favorite venni to eat. Mucho taste.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Get out there Stan...shoot 'em like heck, post us some pictures of "Smiling Stan" with your big....er trophy. smile

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by tzone

If your brother is that much like dave, he was one hellova guy.
I lost my best friend 2 octobers ago, and it is still hard for me, so can relate a bit.

Lost mine 9 years ago...it is still too dificult to say anything more than I just did....

Muffy...a BIG welcome.....

Ingwe

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Good luck Stan. Will you use the Mauser?

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Thanks for the pic of RWS's elk. I can't even emagine how excited he is. I'm sure Dave and Dad were just as excited. Did my Dad get one? It would be nice if he did, but I think he would just be happy to see the boys get theirs. Do you know when they are coming home?

I am out of order until further notice. My "stupid people" filter needs cleaning and my "give a damn" batteries have run out.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Here is a pic of RWS's elk for those who want to see it.

Looks like we get a story of how in the heck they got it out of there. crazy

[img:center][Linked Image][/img]

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Pics? You cant get pics and stories of the hunt and not post up details come on, the rest of us are dying here....

Congrats to the whole crew, it'll be a trip that stays with them all forever.

Had to amend this as T zone saved the day, thanks;)

Last edited by big drift; 10/12/09.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
that is awesome!
I held that rifle only a couple weeks ago. I'm so pumped for RWS and the guys! I remember my first cow like it was yesterday, an experience none of them are going to forget.
weezy its your turn next!

Beware of any old man in a profession where one usually dies young.

Calm seas don't make sailors.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by big drift

Had to amend this as T zone saved the day, thanks;)

I don't have a story for you though...but if I did, I'd let Dave ane RWS tell it anyway. smile

Page 238 of 1,842 1 2 236 237 238 239 240 1841 1842

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

174 members (300_savage, 338reddog, 308xray, 673, 16penny, 26 invisible), 2,130 guests, and 1,064 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,367
Posts18,488,265
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.