Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 239 of 1,842 1 2 237 238 239 240 241 1841 1842
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I love the picture the expressions make you wonder what they are thinking.

RWS "uh, ok, now what"

ND "CBF why doncha come on over and give us a hand with this"

RWS "ya think mom will let me put this on the wall"

ND "wonder if i'll ever get this rifle back"

GB1

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Here is my little helper this weekend. we were fixing up blinds in our hunting area in WI.

It was the WI youth deer hunt and we are on public land, so that is why we are in blaze clothing.

[img:center][Linked Image][/img]

Here he is helping Grandpa with the shooting lanes

Walking out with grandpa

Last edited by tzone; 10/12/09.

Camp is where you make it.
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Nice pics T it wont be long til he wants to bring the red ryder.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Me thinks Santa will be bringing the Red Ryder. grin

Sissy wants a "pink gun" too.

Been away for a week or so. Wow elk on the ground and Tom put some venison in the freezer. Congrats to all. Brad

Skagitblacktailretired
IC B2

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Nice pics Tzone. Those little guys are fun to take with when your stomping around the woods. We usually run into some unusual creatures around our neck of the woods. One has to be careful for those flying bears!

Glad to see your back Brad. Don't stay away too long, you'll be reading for a week or so. Always something going on at camp chickenbuck. grin

Muffy~ haven't heard how your dad did, sure hope he could get a shot off today. I can't wait to hear some details...my gosh I need details.

"I'm not crying!!"
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
To quote my son "the one thing you can count on about elk is that they will die in the steepest, deepest hole in a 5 mile area, and the only way out is uphill".

Thanks for posting the pic Tom. RWS has got to be one happy youg man.

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except for bears. Bears kill you.
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Tom, your little guy was sure likeing his day in the woods with dad and grandpa. Did he fall asleep on the trip home?

W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
Great Pics of your family and NDaves Thanks Tom! Your boy looks like he could be a handful. lol. Now Dave and RWS look like they have a handful of Ok now what.. LOL

RWS that look is PRICELESS, UUUUMMMM Dad now how are we going to get this Big Horse thing outta here.. laugh

Oh by the way TZone congrats on the bowkill and I gotta ask since you hunt public ground alot it seems, is it Very crowded where you hunt during rifle season?

MrsND, you gotta be careful up there on your place and make sure Muffy and all other family members are notified to be ware of the flyingbears and chickenbucks that roam those woods! I gotta ask what has The Preacher and Weezy been up to without Dave and RWS around?

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by Grizzly_Bill
Originally Posted by tzone
Happy B-day bucktail!

+ 1, Bucktail.

Thanks guys, I filled my first of 2 pronghorn doe tags on my birthday. I just got back from Wyoming.

If you love someone set them free
If they come back no one else liked them
Set them free again
IC B3

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Wow, congratulations to the Northern crew. They've got to be more tired than I am.

If you love someone set them free
If they come back no one else liked them
Set them free again
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
For some reason or another, we see a lot of "baby bears". I think they are regular bears, not the flying type, but I'm not sure, because I don't ever see them. They always run away just before I see them. smile

Get on those boys for some details....we need 'em too. grin

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Tom, your little guy was sure likeing his day in the woods with dad and grandpa. Did he fall asleep on the trip home?

Yes he did! He was asleep before we hit HWY 13. smile

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by wabo

Oh by the way TZone congrats on the bowkill and I gotta ask since you hunt public ground alot it seems, is it Very crowded where you hunt during rifle season?

We don't see many people where we hunt now. I saw 2 others last year.

In the National Forest where we used to hunt, I would see one or two people a year.

In MN, I stay on private land, but actually hunt on public land. I've been going there for 20 years and have seen 1 other hunter in that time.

If I hunt closer to my Duluth, where I grew up, you'd see more people, but never what I'd call crowded.

The only time I felt like there were a lot of guys was when we hunted in Orr, MN. I loved the area, and there were a TON of deer, but there were just as many people. We only hunted there for 2 days because there were so many people. That was a bit disappointing, because we scouted 3 different weekends up there, and had great spots, and it didn't look like too many guys were in there. When we went in the day before opener to set up camp, it was silly with orange.

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Originally Posted by bucktail
Originally Posted by tzone
Happy B-day bucktail!

+ 1, Bucktail.

Thanks guys, I filled my first of 2 pronghorn doe tags on my birthday. I just got back from Wyoming.

Congrats on the speed goat and on your BD makes it even better. My son is still out there working on speed goats up in the Buffalo area.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
The preacher told me that I don't have to worry about the flyingbears, they won't hurt me. He never said if the chickenbucks would though. I better find out.

I am out of order until further notice. My "stupid people" filter needs cleaning and my "give a damn" batteries have run out.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I'd go right to the source, I've heard many accounts of the flying bears and chickenbucks, to my knowledge the flying bears are the most dangerous, so you have a leg up on the rest of us.

Beware of any old man in a profession where one usually dies young.

Calm seas don't make sailors.
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Dont forget about the swamp squid, those are dangerous suckers for sure. keep eyes in the back of your head or they can sneak up on ya and SLURP they suck you in with those long tentacles and you are a goner. They throw back your boots though, apparently they dont like boots.

What you do today is important, you are trading a day in the rest of your life for it.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by Berettaman
They throw back your boots though, apparently they dont like boots.

Who does? they smell ike feet. grin

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Originally Posted by Muffy
The preacher told me that I don't have to worry about the flyingbears, they won't hurt me. He never said if the chickenbucks would though. I better find out.

Sounds like preacher Joe is trying to set you up. You must have something he wants and he figures that it's his after the flying bears get you. So keep an eye to the sky.

Page 239 of 1,842 1 2 237 238 239 240 241 1841 1842

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

107 members (338reddog, 7mm_Loco, 79S, 2ndwind, 257_X_50, 35WhelenNut, 18 invisible), 1,612 guests, and 880 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,368
Posts18,488,290
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.