Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 240 of 1,842 1 2 238 239 240 241 242 1841 1842
W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
Can't believe I forgot about the swamp squids WOW I saw one of those eat awhole deer once, them things are tough on deer too. lol

Anyone care to make a wager as to howlong it took Dave and the crew to get those Elk to Basecamp or how tired I'm thinking the young bucks are after humping the meat over the mountains.. They will soon forget ALL about the work and remember only the sweat smell of success!!!

Pooring down rain here right now and forecast it till Thursday night I'm hoping the deer want to move on Sat. right infront of my arrow... Kiddo just finished her first BBall game of the season she played the entire game and won 52 to 4... Feel sorry for theother team but man she is bouncing off the wall! Oh and the Texting has begun she sent Momma a text as soon as she got on the bus home, first text ever that may not be a good thing.. lol

GB1

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
Originally Posted by wabo

Anyone care to make a wager as to howlong it took Dave and the crew to get those Elk to Basecamp or how tired I'm thinking the young bucks are after humping the meat over the mountains..
I'd take that bet....course I have insider knowledge too. wink

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I'm going to have a chat with little Preacher Man. Oh and I totally forgot about the swamp squid. Thanks!!!

I am out of order until further notice. My "stupid people" filter needs cleaning and my "give a damn" batteries have run out.
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Originally Posted by Muffy
I'm going to have a chat with little Preacher Man. Oh and I totally forgot about the swamp squid. Thanks!!!

Looks like you're goint to have the ground too. Better get one of those water ski mirros so you can see over 200 degrees behind you.

Guess I better think about moving my blind away from the swamp too. Can them swamp squid climb?

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except for bears. Bears kill you.
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Ok, did they rent horses to hump the elk out?

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I'm not sure but I know the leopard squirrels are bad news as well, just don't know if they come close to being more dangerous than flying bears

Beware of any old man in a profession where one usually dies young.

Calm seas don't make sailors.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by wabo
Kiddo just finished her first BBall game of the season she played the entire game and won 52 to 4...

at least they kept it close.

Camp is where you make it.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
52 to 4???Sounds like The Little Big Horn.Massacre!
It is raining here in South Carolina also.Ruined my hunting trip planned for today.
Stan in SC

The more I listen,the more I hear....and vice versa.

45/70,it's almost a religion.

If you have to take a second shot then you probably shouldn't have taken the first shot.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Tom-great to hear your daughter's envolved in BB. 'Hope she continues to enjoy it and has success while doing so.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Great, now I have to worry about leopard squirrels. I never realized hunting was so dangerous. Better not fall asleep in the stand, who knows what would happen.

I am out of order until further notice. My "stupid people" filter needs cleaning and my "give a damn" batteries have run out.
IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I guess the guys are back in MN. So Hopefully we will get some stories from them tonight. If they are not too exausted.

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Excellent..can't wait..
Ingwe

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Exausted....why would they be exausted? grin

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I am sure we'll hear a whole crapolade of stories from this trip, can't hardly wait. seems like they just left...can almost tasty some of Daves fine elk chili ath the chickenbuck!!

It is a silly fish that is caught twice with the same bait!
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Originally Posted by tzone
Exausted....why would they be exausted? grin

Probably trying to clean the truck up. wink

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by Grizzly_Bill

I think they rented elk, and humped the horses. grin

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Okay, enough blather, I need an elk story fix! C'mon Davey, lets hear the stories roll. And I want at least 50% truth to go along with the 50% fiction!

What you do today is important, you are trading a day in the rest of your life for it.
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Originally Posted by tzone

I think they rented elk, and humped the horses. grin

How the heck did thay get the elk and all the gear home in a Subaru? confused

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Originally Posted by bucktail
Screw the sirens. What you want to do is put in a speaker with the sound of an approaching forky toes crunching through the leaves getting louder so that it sounds close then fading away again on a constant loop.

I'm afraid all that would do is further confuse Tom and we all know that he's confused enough. grin He still thinks he going to get old forky toes. laugh

you guys have got it all wrong, this is kids stuff, easy.

billy bass, that's all you need.

you're welcome, now let me catch up on the thread grin

Something clever here.

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Originally Posted by Muffy
I have been reading Northern Dave's thread for a long time now, and I figured I would finally join in on it all. I'm Dave's cussin. It was my brother that lost his life in the plane crash. I think it is a great thing that Dave has done. The hunting "shack" is great! And in his opening statement he was right. He looks, talks, and thinks like my brother. It has been very hard for us all, but I know he would be so proud. It is just amazing what Dave has done! I have only been up to the shack a couple of times, but I hope to go up there more often. I'm so proud of Dave and I love spending time with him and his family. And I'm very glad to hear they did good elk hunting.

well i'll be damned grin

so happy you broke your silence little cuz.

but you're too kind, i just find my way through each day just like everybody else. It was your brother's impact on this world that brought our little group here together.

if he wasn't the man he was, well none of this would have fallen together quite the same as it has to date.

we had a great elk camp this year, the best.

grin

Something clever here.

Page 240 of 1,842 1 2 238 239 240 241 242 1841 1842

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

544 members (10Glocks, 007FJ, 06hunter59, 1234, 01Foreman400, 10gaugemag, 62 invisible), 2,471 guests, and 1,196 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,406
Posts18,488,965
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.