Print Thread
Hop To
Page 242 of 1,842 1 2 240 241 242 243 244 1841 1842
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Here we are on our way out with our new best friend the pack horse.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Back at camp with the meat in the freezer I can not explain the feeling of relief and accomplishment. grin

[Linked Image]

Now it was time, time to celebrate with my dad�s famous victory chili cooked over a campfire. I sure wish dad was there to cook it himself but we did the best we could in his absence & it turned out really good.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Some of you know the feeling I had going on when my boy took this picture, 2 young guys had shot there first elk, I got one too, we cut it all up, packed it off the mountain & it was safe & sound inside our freezer at base camp. It was time for a beer.

[img]http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e364/northerndave/100_2055.jpg[/img]

Something clever here.

GB1

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
We had a great night, shared our chili & campfire with the neighboring camp group, lots of laughs & stories, good stuff.

The next day I made good on my part of the deal with the Kansas guys and we hauled there meat on up out of the base camp valley and there equipment trailer too.

[Linked Image]

We broke camp when we got back down the hill, Dusty hunted the first part of the day. He found his elk but unfortunately it had been sitting for too long. He kept his rifle handy as we tore down camp & all the way up out of the valley but there were no further opportunities that would present themselves to him.

Here we are packed for our trip out to the equipment trailer where most of this creatively tied on gear would come off the truck & go into the trailer.

The Beverly Hillbilly�s got nuthin on us.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Couple pics on our way out, sad to leave but we also missed home, it was time to leave.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Well that�s it folks.

So sorry for the detail & the overkill on the photos.

Something clever here.

C
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
C
What a hunt. Those will be some lifetime memories for sure.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Great story Dave! What do you mean "overkill" on the photos, I know I like seeing them. I was imagining how exciting it was for the boy's. RWS will have quiet a story to tell his friends back at school. Too bad Dad couldn't find his earlier, I'm sure he had alot of fun though. It would be fun to do one day, but I don't know if I could keep up with you guys. Glad you all had a great trip!

I am out of order until further notice. My "stupid people" filter needs cleaning and my "give a damn" batteries have run out.
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
hey thanks kiddo, we couldn't have done it without your dad.

Something clever here.

IC B2

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Dave,I read your story over on the Elk Hunting forum and then came here to see it again.The chili looked delicious!
Great story,great trip and congratulations to the successful hunters.

Stan

The more I listen,the more I hear....and vice versa.

45/70,it's almost a religion.

If you have to take a second shot then you probably shouldn't have taken the first shot.
W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
Dave,
Simply put OutStanding story and photo's!!!! Congrats to All of you on a Safe and Successful trip!!! You and Uncle Dusty add another piece to the puzzle of LIFE and the way hunting is to be passed down along with the Love of the outdoors. Always LOVE seeing the hunting photos and stories to go with them, made me feel like I was almost there. Hit my email all you want if ya have more pics!!! OUTSTANDING JOB Crew ChickenBuck of the North....

Just a few more minutes to pickup kiddo from yet another game they lost 23 to 35 this time but spirits are still high. She Had to ride the bus with the team home and naturally is texting again, this is Not my kiddo texting all the time.. LOL.. She is supposed to be thinking of hunting.. Ha... LOL.. I'm blaming Weezy for this.. LOL

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Great story, Dave. Congrats!

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
Oh I gotta add one more thing, speaks volumes of your character all of you. Dave and crew one more Congrats guys bolts open and empty chambers in the trophy pics, Great Job on Safety keep it up!!! cool cool cool

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Hey thanks guys, yes i've got more pictures and yes there's a lot more to the story but wow, how much can a guy write, right? grin

Spirits were high, the wit was flowing, the boys were walking tall...

what a hoot.

I think it was Tuesday morning I was coming back from the creek to put my toothbrush away & my boy says "uh dad, you got some toothpaste in your beard...."

i looked at him & said "I have a beard? god how long have we been out here?"

grin

that's pretty much how the whole trip went.

makes you feel good when you feel you have honestly spent your time well.

this was time well spent.

Something clever here.

IC B3

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Originally Posted by wabo
Oh I gotta add one more thing, speaks volumes of your character all of you. Dave and crew one more Congrats guys bolts open and empty chambers in the trophy pics, Great Job on Safety keep it up!!! cool cool cool

"show clear and safe" we preach it and we practice it, with handguns I like to see a pistol with it's clip out & slide locked open if not in one's personal control. with revolvers I like to see a hinged cylinder swung out showing empty or a gate open on fixed cylinders. like to see levers open on rifles, bolts back, single shots cracked, we just like to show open & safe.

kind of a respect thing for the others around us, they don't have to worry or wonder that way.

Something clever here.

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Originally Posted by wabo
Just a few more minutes to pickup kiddo from yet another game they lost 23 to 35 this time but spirits are still high.

Wabo, look at the up side. At least kiddos team is improving. Didn't they loose by nearly 50 points last time? smile

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except for bears. Bears kill you.
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Originally Posted by northern_dave
Hey thanks guys, yes i've got more pictures and yes there's a lot more to the story but wow, how much can a guy write, right? grin

Dave feel free to write more about the trip and post more pictures anytime. By-the-way, is the chili recipe one that can be shared or is it a family secret? I've got a great chili recipe, but always willing to try something new.

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Bill, I honestly don't know or follow a single recipe. grin

like most things I do, when i'm cooking I just wing it.

I just tried my best to include the stuff that i know my dad likes in his chili grin

Something clever here.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Same as I said on your other thread Dave. Absolutely BEAUTIFUL!

There is nothing like arriving into camp for the season....but there is also something special about packing up and heading home after a successful hunt. Good Job on the pics too.

Camp is where you make it.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by Grizzly_Bill
By-the-way, is the chili recipe one that can be shared or is it a family secret? I've got a great chili recipe, but always willing to try something new.

Recipe...who the heck uses a recipe? grin

BTW Dave, That could be the coolest name for chili I've seen yet...Victory Chili.

Dave you are a credit to all in the hunting community. Congrats to the boys and you.

I used to hunt North of Craig at Grizzly Park. How far out of Craig do you hunt? I enjoyed all my trips to Colorado.

Once again great job on the hunt, pics and story.

Brad

Skagitblacktailretired
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Dave, I use the basic recipe to get me started but, add/delete to suit my tastes. No complaints from the camp so far. Of course if they do complain, they immediately become the new cook.

You know how that works? "This tastes like chit, but good Chit". grin

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by Grizzly_Bill
No complaints from the camp so far. Of course if they do complain, they immediately become the new cook.

I complained about how my laundry was folded once.... care to guess who does my laundry now. whistle

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
We have the same rule on our camping trips and at hunting camp.

Based on our group comments, I must be a great cook!(or too simple to figure out why nobody complains!)

Page 242 of 1,842 1 2 240 241 242 243 244 1841 1842

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

521 members (1OntarioJim, 260Remguy, 260madman, 1minute, 257 roberts, 1badf350, 61 invisible), 2,377 guests, and 1,211 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,426
Posts18,489,172
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.