Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
M
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
M
grin idnative1948 and I got back yesterday afternoon from our hunt. After getting rained on for 48 hours and not seeing any elk sign we broke camp. However we did fill all four muley doe tags. Our 91 year old father went with us and had the time of his life. When our nephew shot his doe and went up the hill about 150 yards to retrieve it he turned around and saw Dad about 50 yards up the slope to give him a hand. He even gave everyone a hand in skinning out their does when we got them back to camp. Maybe idnative will reply or submit a post about the idiot he mistakenly invited with us this year. Another story entirely. I included some pics below.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

My doe:
[Linked Image]

Last edited by Montanaborn; 10/16/09.

One of my favorite clothing patterns is camouflage. Because when you're in the woods it makes you blend in. But when you're not it does just the opposite. It's like "hey, there's an a__hole." - Demetri Martin

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Is the nephew the "idiot"? grin

M
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
M
Not by no means. He is our workhorse even for his small frame.

One of my favorite clothing patterns is camouflage. Because when you're in the woods it makes you blend in. But when you're not it does just the opposite. It's like "hey, there's an a__hole." - Demetri Martin

N
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
N
dude, awesome!!

I like the beverage table!!

but that steak is overcooked!!

grin

that is great that the old timer got out & participated, wow! we can all only pray to be so fortunate to be able to do that and also to have someone who will take us at that age, fantastic!

Something clever here.

H
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
H
Thanks for taking us along!

I sure hope...
1. I'm still breathin at 91
2. I still have the desire to hunt at 91
(doubt that will EVER go away)
3. that someone will take me huntin with them if I make it to 91... be damn happy to the camp skinner!

IC B2

I
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I
I was the *idiot* that invited THE *idiot*. Last year he came up to camp, but didn't hunt. He just wanted to hang out with us. So this year he put in for a doe tag and drew out. At any rate he shot his doe, watched while nephew and our dad gutted it and dragged it down the hill, hung it up and skinned it out. *Idiot* said he was having breathing *problems* and was having trouble getting air. Ya, think perhaps it was because he is asthmatic and was smoking like a chimney. I am now seriously doubting he has ever hunted. And to think, I loaned him one of my rifles to hunt with. I owe my group a very public apology. I am meeting numb nutz tonight to let me know he WILL NOT EVER hunt with us again. I want to get this over and done with and move on.

A vote is like a rifle; its usefulness depends upon the character of the user.
Theodore Roosevelt
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Sucks about the idiot, but very cool to bring your 91 year old dad with you.

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Great pictures. The only thing missing in your beverage tent was a bottle of wild turkey.

Dad can hunt with me anyday. Bet he has lots of tales to tell. My 86 year uncle still deer hunts with us. He took a pass on elk hunting this years because his his knees were bothering him.

Forgot to ask you what part of ID you were hunting in. My son lived in Boise for awhile and hunted up in the McCall area.

Last edited by Grizzly_Bill; 10/16/09. Reason: Omission

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except for bears. Bears kill you.
M
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
M
Dad has two artificial knees and an artificial rotator in his right shoulder. The last knee was replaced just two years ago.

Last edited by Montanaborn; 10/16/09.

M
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
M
Originally Posted by Grizzly_Bill
Great pictures. The only thing missing in your beverage tent was a bottle of wild turkey.

Dad can hunt with me anyday. Bet he has lots of tales to tell. My 86 year uncle still deer hunts with us. He took a pass on elk hunting this years because his his knees were bothering him.

Forgot to ask you what part of ID you were hunting in. My son lived in Boise for awhile and hunted up in the McCall area.

Crown, Old Crow, Scotch, Permafrost(mouthwash), and a few other assorted beverages. We were just south of Cascade which is south of McCall. Unit 32A

IC B3

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Awesome.

Camp is where you make it.
M
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
M
Originally Posted by northern_dave
dude, awesome!!
that is great that the old timer got out & participated, wow! we can all only pray to be so fortunate to be able to do that and also to have someone who will take us at that age, fantastic!

Dad at first almost backed out of going with us because, "I don't want one of you boys to figure you'll have to stay in camp with me". I told him that wasn't going to happen, I expected him to keep the coffee hot and the fire going. When we got to camp the bug must have bit him. He never did stay in camp.

N
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
N
wow that's terrific.

and about the camp idiot, well more often than not when we go out of state with a group we end up with at least one idiot.

seems to never fail, this year we did good in colorado though, no idiots grin man that makes the trip so nice.

Something clever here.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Very cool.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by Montanaborn
When we got to camp the bug must have bit him. He never did stay in camp.

Cool. Nice to see he still has desire and the drive to go. I hope I still do then too.

Camp is where you make it.
O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
Good to see a hunting trip stay fun. I seem to turn mine into work. Though at my age, 34 yrs, I still love it. Good on the deer killin.

Joseph

Joseph
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
It's terrific your Dad can still go with you and he wants to go; great pictures too.

One of the sanest, surest, and most generous joys of life comes from being happy over the good fortune of others.
Archibald Rutledge

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
sounds like a cool hunt very cool your dad can still come along.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Your dad is the man! 91 and still kickin' it with you fellas. That is great. Tom

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Montanaborn, congratulations! Glad you scored on those soon to be good eating does.

Enjoyed your pictures... but in that "steak" shot, why'd you put whipping cream all over your potatoes? New recipe?? smile

L.W.

"Always go straight forward, and if you meet the devil, cut him in two and go between the pieces." (William Sturgis, clipper ship captain, 1830s.)
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

572 members (1badf350, 257 roberts, 16penny, 1234, 160user, 06hunter59, 59 invisible), 1,975 guests, and 1,221 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,887
Posts18,497,893
Members73,980
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.