T
That's how it always works. grin

Camp is where you make it.
GB1

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Dave, wishin' for rain? now dat der ain't funny no how. You can have the crap. the farmers are just starting to work up a good panic. it has been raining all dang day. Where is Al Gore? I would like to kick him right square in the arse. I told the little girl she was gonna hafta wear her life jacket to school today. There is a puddle in front of our house about 30 feet by the width of the driveway. Dang near gotta swim to the truck. Make it stop.... cry

Okay guys, after much thought and deliberation, go ahead and pull that practical joke on ND. I ain't lookin' out for him no more.

What you do today is important, you are trading a day in the rest of your life for it.
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Thanks for sharing the rain with us BM. Rained hard here most of the day. Waitress at the resturant we go to for coffee is going to need hip boots to get to her car tonight. It's sitting in a low spot and has 2/3 inches of water all around it.

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except for bears. Bears kill you.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by tzone
Originally Posted by Colorado1135
so has anyone actually seen old forky toes?

He likes to wander the road. I found his tracks near that ladder stand on the trail into chickenbuck. hint hint. wink

I'll sit wherever I was at in your dream when I downed that bruiser of a buck smile seems like it is only fitting, just in case its a premonition

Beware of any old man in a profession where one usually dies young.

Calm seas don't make sailors.
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
jokes on me, we got rain frown

Something clever here.

IC B2

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Here is the latest from Cole's Caringbridge site:

Wow, thank you so much to all of you who attended, donated, and/or helped with the benefit! It was amazing to see so many people all there on Cole's behalf! And if anyone saw Cole, you could see how much fun he had!! I am so glad that he had the energy to keep up with all the other kids! It was very overwhelming to see all of the gifts donated!! Thank you so much for all of you who put so much work into it. We appreciate it more than you will ever know. And the money will be put to good use for Cole's long road to recovery. Thanks again!

Cole is doing pretty good. On Monday, we went to St. Cloud. His hemoglobin was up and his blood culture came back free from infection!! However, his counts were low again. So, that means it is only the injections keeping his numbers up. So, unfortunately we are back on them. We will do them through Thursday and check his blood counts on Friday. His counts have to be good in order to start chemo on Monday. That is the 4 night stay at the hospital with 3 new chemos! I am really scared for that. Especially, because last hospital stay he got so sick,and that was only 1 night! On Friday he has to get the H1N1 vaccine too. So, we have to go all the way to St. Cloud just for that. I was hoping he could just wait and get it at the hospital when we're there. But they are already out. So, our Doctor said we better just make the drive to get it when we can. Cole is really getting tired of all of this. I think since we started those injections at home it has made going to the doctor even harder. Maybe because he feels like he never gets a break from any of it anymore. Now he throws a fit when he gets his port accessed too, and he never use to. Some of Cole's close friends and cousins who he was with all weekend are sick. So, please pray Cole steers clear of all these bugs people are passing. They say H1N1 isn't bad unless you are already critically sick. Which scares me to death because Cole is!! So, pray it stays away from our family! Thank you.

What you do today is important, you are trading a day in the rest of your life for it.
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Keeping Cole in our prayers.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Ditto and for all the other yard monkeys out there.

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Heading out to the range this afternoon to throw some big chunks of lead (45-70). Stan would be proud of me._

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Gotta do that this weekend. Loaded up 50 rounds for my daughters .257 Roberts last night. Plan on doing the boys .243 tommorow night, and the .280 tonight.

In any event gotta put holes in paper this weekend before the state tickets us for shooting to close to season.

IC B3

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by tzone
so has anyone actually seen old forky toes?

He likes to wander the road. I found his tracks near that ladder stand on the trail into chickenbuck. hint hint. wink

I'll sit wherever I was at in your dream when I downed that bruiser of a buck smile seems like it is only fitting, just in case its a premonition

that was the nasty, stumpy clear cut where we got firewood from.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Cole is always in my prayers... and he will continue to be.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
got a call from Dad this morning, looks like he filled his buck tag, only his wasn't as big as mom's was smile
I can't imagine the ribbing she will give him when he gets home smile

Cole will be in my prayers as well. good to hear his spirits are up and he's doing well under the circumstances

Beware of any old man in a profession where one usually dies young.

Calm seas don't make sailors.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I am so glad to hear good news concerning Cole.
I wish Wabo and anyone else with sick younguns my sympathy and a quick recovery.
Grizzly Bill,what brand of 45/70 do you have and what load are you shooting?

Stan in SC

Last edited by Stan_in_SC; 10/22/09.

The more I listen,the more I hear....and vice versa.

45/70,it's almost a religion.

If you have to take a second shot then you probably shouldn't have taken the first shot.
W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
Thanks Stan and everyone else!!! Also Thanks for the updateon Cole he and the family always in my prayers.

Momma had kid watch today I have to go to work today and tomorrow. Now that I'm home kids are atleast up and about argueing on who gets what kind of treat since I'm home.. LOL

I've begun diggin out the Orange... laugh

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Originally Posted by Stan_in_SC
I am so glad to hear good news concerning Cole.
I wish Wabo and anyone else with sick younguns my sympathy and a quicj recovery.
Grizzly Bill,what brand of 45/70 do you have and what load are you shooting?

Stan in SC

Stan, it's a Ruger #1. I was shooting Federal factory loads with 300 gr speer hot core HP's and handloads with 50 gr of Reloader 7 and 300 gr hornady HP's. Both loads avg'd 1.5" for 3 shots @ 100 yards.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Mmmmmmmmmmm.Ruger #1 in 45/70.Heap good gun Kemo Sabe.Takes a lickin and keeps on tickin.
50 gr. of Rel7 is quite stout.My plinking load is 40 gr. and a 300 Gr. bullet.I have been loading Remington JHP for several years but recently purchased 500 of the Meister brand in a cast round nose flat tip.They do well and just look good.There's just something about the look of a loaded cast bullet in a 45/70 that appeals to me.
So far I have found that a single shot in 45/70 is the mostest fun.My favorite is the lowly NEF Handi rifle topped with a El Paso Weaver scope of 2.5X with fine cross hairs.

Stan in SC

The more I listen,the more I hear....and vice versa.

45/70,it's almost a religion.

If you have to take a second shot then you probably shouldn't have taken the first shot.
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Originally Posted by Stan_in_SC
Mmmmmmmmmmm.Ruger #1 in 45/70.Heap good gun Kemo Sabe.Takes a lickin and keeps on tickin.
50 gr. of Rel7 is quite stout.My plinking load is 40 gr. and a 300 Gr. bullet.I have been loading Remington JHP for several years but recently purchased 500 of the Meister brand in a cast round nose flat tip.They do well and just look good.There's just something about the look of a loaded cast bullet in a 45/70 that appeals to me.
So far I have found that a single shot in 45/70 is the mostest fun.My favorite is the lowly NEF Handi rifle topped with a El Paso Weaver scope of 2.5X with fine cross hairs.

Stan in SC

Stan, the #1 is a great rifle. This one could use a good trigger job though. 50 gr of Reloader 7 pushes a 300 grainer 1,900 fps according to the manual. Recoil is moderate. A pusy cat though compared to 405 grainers launched a nearly the same speed. The scope is a Bushnel Elite 3200 1.5 X 4.5 with the heavy fire fly recticle. The heavy recticle is not ideal for precise target shooting but works well in heavy cover. To activate the fire fly option all you do is shine a flashlite through the lens for a minute. The recticle will than glow for an hour. Works great in low light situations.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by wabo
Thanks Stan and everyone else!!! Also Thanks for the updateon Cole he and the family always in my prayers.

Momma had kid watch today I have to go to work today and tomorrow. Now that I'm home kids are atleast up and about argueing on who gets what kind of treat since I'm home.. LOL

I've begun diggin out the Orange... laugh

My kids were actually arguing about who gets to do the chores last night.... We had to write that down, 'cuz we won't ever hear that again.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Grizz and Stan,

Gander Mt, (yuck) has a #1 in 45-70. Looks like it is in real nice shape. Asking $800. Is that in the ball park as far as price? It is used. I love these guns, but all the ones I find are priced in that range, or a little bit either way...

That is a lot or scratch, but that is a gun that will last a lifetime. They just fit me like a glove.

Page 246 of 1,842 1 2 244 245 246 247 248 1841 1842

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

516 members (222Sako, 10Glocks, 219 Wasp, 21, 1minute, 1OntarioJim, 49 invisible), 2,372 guests, and 1,191 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,432
Posts18,489,294
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.