-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 247 of 1,842 1 2 245 246 247 248 249 1841 1842
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Wow 2 full days without rain, I can't believe it! Hopefully we can get all the work done today cuz it sounds like rain and snow all next week. My prayers go out to Cole and all the other kids who are sick.

I am out of order until further notice. My "stupid people" filter needs cleaning and my "give a damn" batteries have run out.
GB1

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Originally Posted by tzone
Grizz and Stan,

Gander Mt, (yuck) has a #1 in 45-70. Looks like it is in real nice shape. Asking $800. Is that in the ball park as far as price? It is used. I love these guns, but all the ones I find are priced in that range, or a little bit either way...

That is a lot or scratch, but that is a gun that will last a lifetime. They just fit me like a glove.

Tom, I just happened to have the 2010 Ruger catalog. A model 1S in 45-70 with a blued finish has a suggested retail of $1,182, SS is $1222. Since no one pays full retail I would expect you could get a new one for around $950 give or take a few $$. I'd offer $650 for the used one and see what they countered with, might go as high as $725. I'm sure Stan can give you a more accurate picture of used values with his gun shop connections.

The #1's are great rifles.

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except for bears. Bears kill you.
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Gander is not known for dealing on the firearms.

In my experience they do not drop price at customer request, they don't deal with customers. In the odd event that they should drop a price into the "green light" range they make a business decision to do so, mark the tag & put it out there. Then you have to be lucky enough to catch it before someone else does.

Something clever here.

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Dave, I agree about GM. Never hurts to try and jew them down though.

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
The problem is there seems to be all indians & no cheif at gander.

So you look at a rifle with a $550 tag on it & ya say, "how bout $525 on this one?" & you get "ohh, no I'm sorry sir the prices are as marked, nothing I can do."

Cabelas is better this way.

I found a brown laminate stocked M70 FWT in 30-06 in the gun library room at a cabelas once. There was a girl working the desk in the room. I think the hang tag said $500 which was actually priced to move, it wasn't going to sit long.

I was walking out of the room when I muttered over my shoulder without the slightest of confidence "Give ya four twenny five for that goofy looking featherweight."

I expected laughter. Instead she paused, hmm'd & haww'd... "Well, I really shouldn't... You know I can get five." I said "yeah, maybe tomorrow or next week or something, you'll get five."

She says "well ok, i'll go four & a quarter on the featherweight but you're get'n a steal."

I gave that one to my dad.

I like cabelas, they'll deal.

Something clever here.

IC B2

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Scheels will deal also.

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
yep whistle

Something clever here.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I always like dickering with the guys at the shows. I don't think I've ever paid "tag" price on a gunshow buy. 'Might have only gotten it down a few bucks, but always managed to work a little bit of a deal. 'Always expected to dicker when I was on the other side of the table, too. It's all part of the game.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Most of the dealers I've run across at shows will dicker on price. Saw one this spring though that held firm on a model 24 Savage. The buyer ended up paying the tag price.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
GM will sometimes deal. Believe it or not, you can usually get them to wiggle on new stuff.

Last year about this time, they had a Colombia wool jacket, that was blaze orange I lusted after. I knew they had this for at least a year. It was listed for like $149. I asked the lady if they could give me a discount since it had been there for so long.

She checked their computer, said it was discontinued, and said it had been there for 16mts...she sold it to me for $85.

never hurts to ask.

Camp is where you make it.
IC B3

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
frankly, I cant figure out how GM is in business and Sportsman's Warehouse isnt. GM is high retail on everything.

Just stopped at Cabelas last nite. They have changed their famous return policy. Now it is only 90 days. Cabelas, in general, is always priced high. But their return policy made up for it. Now with that gone, they better come down on prices (yeah, right, when pigs fly crazy).

What you do today is important, you are trading a day in the rest of your life for it.
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Hey Nd, got plans to be at the chickenbuck this weekend, time to light the fire its almost season

It is a silly fish that is caught twice with the same bait!
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Yeah as a matter of fact I could be heading out there as early as tonight.

For sure by tomorrow morning, either way I will be hauling my ford tractor out there so I can to a little work on the truck trail & then get the trails mowed.

could be doing some stand work, there's always something that needs to be done you know.

If you find yourself wandering aimlessly through the forest swing in for a beer.

Something clever here.

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Just finished cleaning up the lanterns for camp. New mantles, oiled the pumps and cleaned the glass. Will fuel them up later.

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
crap, i got me some dry pumps, thanks for the reminder.

Something clever here.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
well, i happen to know the trail, but don't think you need to mow it for us to find it. we can sniff out the best trails in the forest in the dark. you should maybe head out this evening so we can stop for a beer. although there is always tomorrow. we have to finish a couple deer stand projects and post my land too! busy weekend in the northland!

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
ok, checking my recently replaced phone to see if i have you entered in my contacts.... yep, I got you in there. if i head that way tonight I'll send you a txt message romulous.

my mowing would be trails back in the woods behind the cabin for the most part.

Something clever here.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
we may just buggar up that way when we're done, going to do some mowing with the ranger and pull behind shortly after work, actually i got lestifer going to pull it around right now. he may almost be done by the time i get out there. have to wait for the kiddos to get out of school, then i can be on my way.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Better put the snowblower attachment on there dave. We're supposed to get up to 4" in the north country here.

Camp is where you make it.
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
is lester done with work at 2?

tzone, that's what the yellow snow bully is for grin

except for kind of a weak clutch the plow truck is ready for action right now.

Something clever here.

Page 247 of 1,842 1 2 245 246 247 248 249 1841 1842

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

410 members (17CalFan, 160user, 1Longbow, 12344mag, 10gaugeman, 10ring1, 36 invisible), 2,052 guests, and 1,101 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,377
Posts18,488,445
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.