Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 248 of 1,842 1 2 246 247 248 249 250 1841 1842
Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
if we get 4" of snow dave, I might make it up there with youngin in tow.
who knows otherwise, looking like I'll get 24-30 hours worth of work in this weekend, ouch but the wallet likes it

Beware of any old man in a profession where one usually dies young.

Calm seas don't make sailors.
GB1

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Originally Posted by northern_dave
crap, i got me some dry pumps, thanks for the reminder.

Dave, You should be able to find the pumps. but good luck finding generators. No one carries them anymore down here and I've checked fleet farm, GM and WalMart. May have to order direct from coleman.

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except for bears. Bears kill you.
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
oh they will pump fine, just need a little shot of oil. I trip like we just took out west sloshes the lanterns around pretty good, the fuel gets up into the pump tubed with all that shaking around & rinses the oil out.

A couple drops of oil & they will be just like new, nice & smooth.

Ryan, tzone is smokin crack, we aint gett'n no 4" of snow. least not till just before opener when we want it grin

Something clever here.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
dang frown I was hoping but we have clear skies here now, although its chilly.
I want more time with my mini me!

Beware of any old man in a profession where one usually dies young.

Calm seas don't make sailors.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Tom,I just did a search on Gunbroker,com for Ruger #1 in 45/70.The Gander price is a good one but I personally would buy a Marlin lever for less money which has just as good as and mebbe better accuracy and action strength.Not the Marlin guide gun but the 22' barrel model 1895.There's just something about a lever gun.
Rain scheduled here tomorrow morning.I had a deer hunting trip planned.Oh well.

Stan in SC

The more I listen,the more I hear....and vice versa.

45/70,it's almost a religion.

If you have to take a second shot then you probably shouldn't have taken the first shot.
IC B2

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Thanks Stan!

Much appreciated.

Camp is where you make it.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by northern_dave

Ryan, tzone is smokin crack, we aint gett'n no 4" of snow. least not till just before opener when we want it grin

No crack here...just snow.

I meant here, not really chickenbuck. The WI north woods is supposed to get snow tonight and tomorrow.

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Originally Posted by Stan_in_SC
Tom,I just did a search on Gunbroker,com for Ruger #1 in 45/70.The Gander price is a good one but I personally would buy a Marlin lever for less money which has just as good as and mebbe better accuracy and action strength.Not the Marlin guide gun but the 22' barrel model 1895.There's just something about a lever gun.
Rain scheduled here tomorrow morning.I had a deer hunting trip planned.Oh well.

Stan in SC

Tom, my 1895 MR would be just the ticket for you. smirk

I may be heading over to Black River Falls next week to check out a gun shop. I'll see if they have anything that may interest you.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Yours is a .450 isn't it?

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Originally Posted by tzone

Yes it is. Something every serious hunter needs to have in their arsenal.

IC B3

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Is that why you're selling it? laugh

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Yup. Now I have a need for a 6.5.

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Originally Posted by tzone

I got one o dem too grin

Something clever here.

W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
No .450's here but da dirty thirty rules in my orange world, hunting with such an old and accomplished cartridge I hope I'm still a real Man. laugh God knows I Love a Marlin Lever. TZone you need to go Marlin you need to... grin

Well both kids fever finally broke yesterday and now they have a cough like a hard cold, and, and they are driving me nuts. Inside toooo Long Way too long for Thunder Kiddo been stuck inside since Tuesday. Much better here now, Thanks for the thoughts and Prayers.

I'm going to go find some Mt Dew and alittle sip of da Good Crown while I surf for a bit.

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
that's good news wabo, sep fer the mt dew & crown... grin that just don't sound very good.

Well I got my trail mowing done, little man "plays with matches" and i went to camp friday night & the rest of the family joined us on saturday. Buschpilot & his amigo stopped out on friday night, we had a few beers & talked smart like deer hunters do, i cooked a few cheeseburgers from a pound of wild somethin or another, sory fellers, them burgers were rough. grin I'll do better next time.

Saturday morning me & the little man went hunting for grouse, li'l man had his lever action RRBB & I had my lever action 9422M.

Well, we weren't the quietest hunters, I was getting an education on flying bears (again) and we flushed 4 birds with no shots fired.

I do have these shots of the chickenbuck master during a close encounter with a red squirrel though.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

I chunked up a couple of last year's elk steaks (the last from last year) and chopped up a bunch of veggies & made one heck of a stew. It was a lazy night at the shack last night, everybody crashed out on couches & in chairs, me up by myself reading hunting magazines & having a beer. elkhunter76 from Wyoming kept me company txting me, sounds like he's going to hunt hard next weekend while the wife is out of town grin

well we had our usual big pancake breakfast this morning then the whole family went on a long walk with asorted boomsticks looking for grouse.

we didn't do so good on the grouse but it turns out weezy is pretty hot stuff with her pink laminate stocked ruger 10/22. She blasted a couple of squirrels, pretty good shoot'n too.

Is it possible to be happy and disgusted at the same time? I think it is...

[Linked Image]

finally I get to this afternoon in my story telling (I'll skip all the missed opportunities on grouse that nobody shot at grin )

RWS & I decided to put dusty's deer stand up for him. we found a nice spot & decided to at least get the cross members secure & set the floor in place so that all dusty has to do is come up, adjust the floor on the supports the way he wants it and put the walls on his box stand.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[img]http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e364/northerndave/100_2133.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e364/northerndave/100_2136.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e364/northerndave/100_2138.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e364/northerndave/100_2139.jpg[/img]

Something clever here.

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
and a couple of shots of the surrounding area from the ground.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

and finally a couple of shots of an old ground blind that I fixed up on saturday with some logs & branches, it was just a camo netting wrap blind last year but the netting dissapeared so I decided to go barbaric (tzone style) with it. grin

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Something clever here.

W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
Great story there Dave and as always Thanks for the pics!! However I have a word, conduit...... 2x6 or 2x8 for the sides drill 1inch hole in center push conduit through and drive a big spike through the outside edge to hold conduit in place.. Only reason I say this is cause I've fallen more then once on 2x steps as they either rot or pull out.. Conduit fixed that. wink

Oh by the way what er is wrong with my Golden Mt.Dew and Crown? Eh?? grin Me thinks I'll have another here perty quick. blush

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
well i"ll have another beer then & ponder that conduit ladder idea grin

Something clever here.

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
You guys have heard me entertain the idea that ole forky toes buck may be gone, dead or moved on.

well, i'd like to retract such foolishness.

[Linked Image]

Something clever here.

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Wabo, good to hear the kids are doing better.

Dave, great pictures as usuall. Good shootin Weezy, That pink Ruger really does a job on varmints.

Page 248 of 1,842 1 2 246 247 248 249 250 1841 1842

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

78 members (35, 41rem, 007FJ, 6mmCreedmoor, 444Matt, 7mm_Loco, 10 invisible), 1,506 guests, and 880 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,370
Posts18,488,312
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.