-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
Hey guys (and gals!) <P>Just wanted to introduce myself as I have been reading the posts over the last few weeks and finally decided to register (I've found it increasingly more difficult to avoid chiming in on some of the topics...)<P>As my username implies, I'm a whitetail hunting fanatic but also enjoy hunting just about anything that's in season as well as trout fishing, and, oh yeah, Georgia Tech sports when in spectator mode.<P>Hope ya'll don't mind if I grab a seat for a spell by this nice warm fire. It was getting kinda chilly out there watching from a distance! <P>Greg

GB1

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Welcome aboard, Always nice to get some fresh opinions,,BEARHUNTER

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
ga whitetail,<P>Welcome to the show! Feel free to chime in,anytime. What about those "Yeller Jackets" [Linked Image]..Littlebit

James
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Welcome to the campfire. I'm kind of new here myself. Never knew much about GA Tech until this year. Gained a lot of respect for them watching the Peach Bowl. Y'all almost ruined New Years for me.

T
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
T
Welcome Ga Whitetail,<P>Ga Tech has a great baseball team again this year...and the best player in college baseball, your third baseman. Tech came into Houston last week to play Rice (they are now ranked no. 1), but I couldn't make the game. -t.h.

IC B2

Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
Thanks for the warm welcome guys. I've already learned a great deal from reading posts from the resident experts here and hoping I may be of some help on rare occasion as well.<P>LSU Fan - you guys did ruin my New Year's Eve. You guys put a whoopin' on us in the second half. I'm a little concerned since that was our first game without our beloved offensive coordinator, Ralph Friedgen, who left th be head coach at his alma mater, the Maryland Terps.<P>Toons Hubby - Yes, Tech baseball team has almost everone back from last year including Mark Texiera (sp?). Mostly follow football and basketball but did manage to attend a couple of games last year and had a great time. I believe your Rice team took it to us as well. But the season is young and we're still in basketball mode for now...<P>Sting 'em Jackets!!!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Good to see yet another Georgia Boy at the campfire [Linked Image] We'll have to get together for some shooting sometime, do you shoot skeet? When the weather gets a little more agreeable toons and toons hubby are coming to shoot at Wolf Creek with me and littlebit and badger. You'll have to come down and join us!!!<P>Mike

God, Family, and Country.
NRA Endowment Member

T
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
T
GW - I am not a Rice Owl. I live in Houston and have access to some good college athletics. I am an Aggie. If that doesn't scare you, my skeet and trap shooting will. My baseball team has its work cut out if we want to see you guys in Omaha. Like Tech, Rice has a stacked team and will go far in the post season. We shall see if my boys make a run. If you can make it, my wife and I would love to meet when we make it to your neck of the woods. -t.h.

Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
Mike and Toons Hubby - thanks alot, that sounds great...I've only been to Wolf Creek a couple times trying to prep myself for opening day for those dastardly doves. Lord knows my wingshooting could use some help, maybe ya'll can show me a thing or two. Let me know when your planning to go and I'll do my best to attend!

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
ga whitetail,<P>Dunwoody eh? I'm slumming out in the 'burbs [Linked Image] (Between Lawrenceville & Suwanee). Where do you hunt? badger.<P>------------------<BR>Procrastinate NOW!!!

To anger a conservative, lie to him. To annoy a liberal, tell him the truth.

Promoted to Turdlike status 03/17/12

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Ga whitetail pull up a stump and be welcome. Always good to have another cracker to toast by the fire. [Linked Image]<BR>BCR<P>------------------<BR>A 45 BEATS 4 ACES EVERYTIME

Quando Omni Moritati
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
badger,<P>My brother lives out near you in Suwanee (Old Atlanta Club). I like it out there alot, only downside is the traffic, but then again, where can you escape traffic in Atlanta!<P>He and my Dad and I have been hunting the same 1420 acres in Morgan County, just a few miles outside Madison, since 1980. Our club is called KO Hunting Club (the Coca-Cola stock symbol). We have 30 members, most of which are Coke mgt or already "graduated" as Dad likes to say. Property is currently owned by Weyerhauser but they have given us warning that they will be selling it off via their Real Estate arm in the not to distant future. Seems the property is to valuable to be growing pine trees anymore. Will be crying my eyes out when it happens as that place has been our home away from home for what seems like forever.<P>What about yourself? Where's your favorite hunting grounds? Got any honey holes you can turn me on to? [Linked Image]<p>[This message has been edited by ga whitetail (edited February 15, 2001).]

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
ga whitetail,<P>e-mail me at Ykidsonaol.com & I'll give you the scoop on my club in Stewart County (Near Columbus). We do have memberships available for next year. Good deer, turkey, hog & varmint hunting. You MUST have 4X4 to get there, though. badger.<P>------------------<BR>Keep the traditions alive, take your child hunting.....

To anger a conservative, lie to him. To annoy a liberal, tell him the truth.

Promoted to Turdlike status 03/17/12

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

456 members (17CalFan, 10gaugeman, 10gaugemag, 12344mag, 160user, 1beaver_shooter, 49 invisible), 13,855 guests, and 1,084 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,195,223
Posts18,543,875
Members74,060
Most Online21,066
May 26th, 2024

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.