Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
P
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
P
I a not looking to start a thred on bushnell good or bad. There upper end stuff has done me right. I went to a local sporting goods store and looked thru a pair of Legend 8 x 42.The guy behind the counter said they were a "new" up dated. They had rain gaurd and they went for $239. I took them outside and they wernt bad. Anyone looked at them or have them. Thanks ZIMMER

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Have some 8X32's I bought probably 10 years ago that back up my Leicas and that my wife uses when she hunts. Just had to send the Leicas in for service and found the old Leupys to still be perfectly serviceable. Not Leicas, Swarovski or Zeiss but a good mid level bino in my humble opinion. TM

Some mornings, it just does not feel worth it to chew through the straps!~
M
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
M
The Bushnell Legends are good binoculars, among the best for their price and very useable.

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
The new Legend Ultra HD is a pretty decent binocular, an improvement over the original Legend. It is bright, has ED glass for color enhancement and fringing control, and a lot wider field of view than the original Legend. That is as good a place to start at that price as anything else.

Steve

Theodore Roosevelt: "Do what you can where you are with what you have"
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
I have the Zen Ray Summit (ZRS) 10x42s and for $180(ish) they're pretty good.

IC B2

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
For about that you can get Minox 10x44 from Doug at cameraland.

Deserve's got nothing to do with it.

TripleA RV in Medford, OR SUCKS
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I have a pair of Bushnell Legend 8x42s and they serve me just fine.

Karma and Trouble have busses, and there's always an empty seat.
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Before you put your money down, try to look through some Vortex, I think they give the best view for the money.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
pdx, I hear you on the money thing. frown

Put your eyes on a pair of Nikon Action Extreme's, too. They are porros so they are bigger. They are about half that money. My wife has a pair (har har), and so does a friend I've hunted with. Darn nice for $129 or whatever they are now.

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Actually Doug's demo list is a good place to start. I've never seen anything but decent glass there for very nice price savings.

Steve

Theodore Roosevelt: "Do what you can where you are with what you have"
IC B3

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I have a pair of 12x50 Nikon Action I would sell you for $50 shipped if you are interested. They are pretty darn useful, clear, and bright. They are in pretty nice shape. Just throwing that ought there.....

Brent

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I can't comment on the Legends, but if Mule Deer says they're OK, then you can rely on that info.

I was recently looking for an 8x42 to carry in the truck & to back up my Leica's when I'm not going to be glassing for long periods at long distance & had pretty well decided on ZenRay ED's 8x42..........

I was able to A/B the Zens & several comparable bino's & ended up getting an Olympus Magellan 8x42 which to my eyes, was at least as good or maybe sightly better than the ZenRay's.

Weight was 5 oz lighter at 22 oz, which I like, and price was over a $100 less at $225.

The only downside is no lifetime warranty but after dealing with Olympus on cameras & lenses as well as industrial metallographs, I have confidence they'll step up if ever needed.

Olympus Binoculars

JMHO, YMMV

MM

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The ones I looked through were darn nice. Unless you had the other top end binos to compare with side by side, I think you would be pleased. Add to that they cost about what the sales tax is on the Alpha binos and you can feel pretty good about your choice.

A true sportsman counts his achievements in proportion to the effort involved and fairness of the sport. - S. Pope
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
pdx,

Don't remember if I chimed in. If you are going to go for Nikon go to the 7-15X35 for $145. YOu will be hard pressed to find something with more value for the money.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Cant beat these from Doug

Minox BD 8.5x42 BR ASPH
Part# 62169

Quality, comfort and lightweight come into focus: Optical engineers at MINOX in Wetzlar put new impetus into binocular manufacturing

An excellent and timeless design, highest optical performance and the renowned fine precision mechanics in a reasonably compact body � MINOX optical engineers have combined these features to perfection in the new design of the MINOX 42 series of binoculars. This development has produced two ideal binoculars for observing game or identifying birds. With the MINOX BD 8,5x42 BR aspherics and the BD 10x42 BR aspherics, users get lightweight top-of-the-range binoculars boasting outstanding features, all at a competitive price, and therefore can enjoy substantially enhanced comfort and convenience in a well priced binocular.

Excellent viewing is guaranteed through the intricate objective lens system with internal focusing. Aspherical lenses optimize the contrast and sharpness of the entire image right up to the edges. Further advantages of this top-level technology, which requires fewer and thinner eyepiece lenses, are the reduced length as well as a much lighter weight. A great advantage in poor light conditions is that the aspherical lenses deliver top optical performance with clearly enhanced light transmission.

The objective lenses with a 42mm entrance pupil also feature the low-reflection M* coating developed by MINOX and a phase correction layer on the silvered prisms. Features that make the BD 8,5x42 BR aspherics and BD 10x42 BR aspherics stand out through their high light transmission and image performance which produces a bright image, high contrast and natural color rendition in fine detail. People wearing glasses can also enjoy this optical excellence in full, as the eyepieces are equipped with an extended eye relief. The individually adjustable rubber eyecups with several click stops allow full viewing of the entire field of view.

The ergonomically designed body with its streamed shape is made of extremely sturdy aluminum. In spite of its low weight this high performance material guarantees high stability and a reliable operation of the internal optical systems and precision mechanics. Roof prisms make this slim and compact binocular design possible.

With its new protective rubber armoring the BD 8,5x42 BR and BD 10x42 BR combine robustness and comfort. Weighing in at a most acceptable 695 grams their lightness is unbeatable. Being dustproof and watertight to a depth of five meters the two all-rounder binoculars will never let their owners down, even in wet terrain. An argon gas filling on the inside offers maximum protection against corrosion and prevents fogging of the optical elements, even with extreme temperature fluctuations.

Price: $249.99

H
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
H
Originally Posted by Tony270WSM
I have the Zen Ray Summit (ZRS) 10x42s and for $180(ish) they're pretty good.

ZEN ED is excellent. Several of my buddies all got them after me.

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
As 338rcm suggested, the Minox, I'll suggest the same but porros. Waterproof, lightweight, small in size, great clarity, light transmission and good "3-D" image. The 10x44 are slightly less than the roofs if Doug still has them.

Deserve's got nothing to do with it.

TripleA RV in Medford, OR SUCKS
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I have a pair of since discontinued (last fall I think) Bushnell Infinity 8.5 x 45's. They are an open bridge design. They work well for me. I also have Minox 8 x 32's which are a bit smaller but both are similar quality. Plenty of choices in that price range. Depends what you are going to use them for and how much weight you want to carry.

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
I bought my son the 8x42 Legends (roof prism) and he's happy with them. I've been told the poro prism Legends are a good buy too.

The Karma bus always has an empty seat when it comes around.- High Brass

There's battle lines being drawn
Nobody's right if everybody's wrong
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

194 members (160user, 280shooter, 1OntarioJim, 257 roberts, 222Sako, 2500HD, 20 invisible), 1,699 guests, and 942 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,372
Posts18,488,335
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.