I missed the biggest buck I've ever shot at yesterday, gun or bow. About 8am I saw him cut across a clear cut, east to west, at about 400 yards. At that distance all I could tell was that he was a mature buck. I lost sight of him for about thirty minutes, then saw him working a scrape 200 yards to the south. Something spooked him and he came back east, working his way east through a creek bottom. After about 30 minutes be appeared upwind at about 35 yards, crossing right to left. I drew, the carbon arrow making a hiss across the whisker-biscuits bristels. The stoppped behind some brush, looking for the sound, alert but not spooked. I eventually had to let down, which I did without him noticing. I repeated the scenario once again. When he eventually stepped into the open, I drew for the third time. My arrow almost hit him in the back of the head, he jumped the string so badly. I will never shoot an arrow at an alert whitetail again.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.