Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 255 of 1,842 1 2 253 254 255 256 257 1841 1842
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
the bunks look great!

way to go on the Grouse Pam!

Beware of any old man in a profession where one usually dies young.

Calm seas don't make sailors.
GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Wow you really did alot of work in the boys room! I know it is short notice, sorry. I wish I would have decided this when I was up there. I could have brought my stand and had it all set up. My stand is built out of treated timbers and we haul it on the snowmobile trailer and just tip it up and put the sides on it. I guess Jeremy is not coming up so it would just be me. Let me know what will work for you. Thanks!

I am out of order until further notice. My "stupid people" filter needs cleaning and my "give a damn" batteries have run out.
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
oh heck yeah, we've got spots to sit.

come on up. check with your dad, he was talking about coming up early in the week to work on his stand.

Something clever here.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
ok I will. Do you still want that recliner? I also have a small table to. If you don't have room in the shack we can use it to but our beers on by the fire.

I am out of order until further notice. My "stupid people" filter needs cleaning and my "give a damn" batteries have run out.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
If you don't want to haul up your stand Muffy, I'm bringing my climber, you can use that until I go home.

It is an actual climber, not a lock on.

Camp is where you make it.
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Thanks tzone, but it sounds like Dave may already have a place for me to sit. I'm unprepared this year, kind of a last minute decision. Thanks!!

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Nice going Pam. Some great eating you got there.

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except for bears. Bears kill you.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Bucks are movin'. I saw 3 different boys running across the road this am. My wife saw a buck running after a doe this am on her way to work....things are ramping up.

Muffy,

I'm bringing the stand anyway, so if you need options, you have them. Hell if you want to sit in that blind we built, have at...I'm easy.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Thanks, I appreciate it.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by tzone
Bucks are movin'. I saw 3 different boys running across the road this am. My wife saw a buck running after a doe this am on her way to work....things are ramping up.

Muffy,

I'm bringing the stand anyway, so if you need options, you have them. Hell if you want to sit in that blind we built, have at...I'm easy.

Yep, I have heard, from many different sources, that you in fact are....easy! cool

Yesterday on the way home from church we say a big ol' 8 pointer walking down the middle of the road. I bet he had 9 inch tines.

What you do today is important, you are trading a day in the rest of your life for it.
IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I just talked to my mom and I guess CBF had a picture of a really nice buck on his trail camera. So The Boy is on a mission!!

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
He'll be with the Gov. shootin' bucks....lets all go down and sit by that camera. grin

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
so, do you have any time off this week? I know your dad was kind of looking for a hand getting his stand in order & was hoping for CBF to come help him early this week.

I burned nearly all of my vacation elk hunting frown

Something clever here.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I talked to him this morning and he was trying to get a hold of CBF to see if he could help. I told him I would go with and help him. Being jobless I have plenty of time. It shouldn't be too bad, you got the tough part done already.

Tzone I think we should sit by his camera. He don't need to hog all the big bucks for himself.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Either that, or I'm going to sit in the chickenbuck road on a lawn chair and wait for Forky Toes to walk down it. smile

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
The tractor is out there & full of fuel too & your dad knows how to run it, heck you probably know how to run it.

Just turn the key backwards to cycle glow plugs (light will come on & go off) hold it backwards till the glowplug light turns off then turn it forward to start it.

Tin is in a pile there by the cabin (your dad was talking about a roof)

Take the trail behind the cabin that goes north. just keep going straight on that trail, don't turn & go towards pam's stand just go straight on the trail & watch for your dad's stand on the left side of the trail.

Everything is good to go in the cabin, I was out there yesterday & had the place warmed up. Before i left I brought in some sticks & small firewood for lighting the stove. There is a little propane torch in there by the woodpile inside for lighting the stove too.

There are 20 gauge shells in a new box either in the wall gun rack or the main gun rack. I think you know where the camp shotgun is at, your dad does. Take the shotgun with, shoot some grouse.

I filled the LP tank yesterday you will just need to turn the valve on at the tank.

I'm sure your dad will bring tools but there are some tools in the lower kitchen cupboards too.

might could even be a bottle of schnapps out there someplace if you look hard wink

Something clever here.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Wouldn't it be nice if it were that easy!!

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
it's been done before. grin I heard.

Shoot a pile of them goofy birds, we need to make some partridge soup.

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Talking with Tzone here on the sidelines I come up with around 13 or 14 established hunt spots as in elevated stands or ground blinds that are ready hunt from right now. we will have 10 people at camp, 2 of which are not hunting age, one of the 2 is old enough to sit & hang out with an adult (grandpa grin )

so that brings us down to basically 8 actual hunters & my 2 older kids are likely to double up in a stand together or sit with pam in her nice warm enclosed spoiled brat stand grin

So, the one's that are the most mobile or likely to move around & try different stands will actually have some pretty decent options.

Something clever here.

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
camp bird count as of right now is 2.

I'd like to get that up to 4 or more so i can make a "wild chicken soup"

grin

Something clever here.

Page 255 of 1,842 1 2 253 254 255 256 257 1841 1842

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

161 members (300_savage, 338reddog, 308xray, 673, 16penny, 27 invisible), 2,021 guests, and 1,006 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,367
Posts18,488,268
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.