Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 263 of 1,842 1 2 261 262 263 264 265 1841 1842
O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
Good Luck hunting, all you "Queens Fans! grin Heading to the TX Panhandle today and then to Nort Visconsin over the Thanksgiving week. Watch out for the White Dodge 4x4 flyin' through St. Paul on the 19th, or so!

"The Bigger the Government, the Smaller the Citizen" - Dennis Prager LINK

GB1

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
ok good luck, hell I have to pack & hit the road now. Later people!

Good luck to all that are going out hunting!!

Stan might be able to post updates as I have his cell number.

Something clever here.

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Maybe you shouldn't leave, Dave....

hehehehehe..... wink

Ingwe

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Happy trails Dave, good luck we'll see you out there sometime after dark thirty!!

It is a silly fish that is caught twice with the same bait!
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Originally Posted by ingwe
Maybe you shouldn't leave, Dave....

hehehehehe..... wink

Ingwe

don't worry I'm keepin my eye on the fire!! grin

well, I have 7 rifles cased up shocked

yep, 7 rifles for 4 hunters.... guess who'd got extras along???

whistle

got a M77 in .243, a pair of M70 fwt in 30-06, a M77 in 264, a Savage 114Euro in 30-06,a Win 88 in .308 & a M70 in 300 wby... breaks my heart to leave the 450 Marlin at home frown
Wonder if i can find another case....

grin

Something clever here.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I have 5 rifles for one person, so I feel your pain

I looked up the 101 extermination tags, did I read that correctly? they are only $1.50 per tag?

I have one class left and I am chomping at the bit, I can't focus on Moles of oxygen in a reaction, I'm going over lists of food, clothing, ammo, where to stop for gas, etc. my pulse has quickened and my eyes are sharply focused on deer pictures, what the area will look like from my stand in low light, which rifle to carry opening morning, ugh. I shouldn't have even come to school today.
the Chickenbuck Gang rides tonight!

Beware of any old man in a profession where one usually dies young.

Calm seas don't make sailors.
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Just returned from 2 days up North. Roads were slippery Thursday morning and the county trucks were out putting down salt and sand. Mid 50's today.

Rut really doesn't seem to be in full swing yet.My nephews have been bow hunting since Wednesday and have only seen 2 deer. They're hearing wolves every evening and are beginning to wonder if the wolves are having a impact on deer movement?

Went over to our camp today. Didn't find a single scrape on the road into camp. Normally we'll have a half dozen scrapes on the road by now?

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except for bears. Bears kill you.
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
65* degrees and sunny here. Sure doesn't feel like deer season is just around the cornor. Looks like it's in the mid 40's over by chickenbuck.

Put up the outside Christmas lights this morning. Early, maybe, but it sure beats the heck out of standing on a latter at 10* with a North wind trying to knock you off a ladder.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Just One Gunner and I spent the whole day in the woods. Never saw a deer. Absolutely no shooting nearby. None of the groups that usually get at least a couple deer had taken anything. The weather was beautiful, but the deer just weren't moving. To quote my wife's uncle, the hunting was great, but the shooting sucked.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
It was sunny and 79 degrees here this afternoon.I had an invite by my neighbor to go deer hunting on a farm he has permission to hunt.I decided it was just too darn hot for A)deer to be moving and B)me to go sit in a chair blind.I must be getting old.I never used to pass up an opportunity to go.
I presume we will get the "Chickenbuck Update" later in the evening.I had no texts from Dave so I guess Ole Forkytoes is still motivating under his own power.

Stan in SC

Last edited by Stan_in_SC; 11/08/09.

The more I listen,the more I hear....and vice versa.

45/70,it's almost a religion.

If you have to take a second shot then you probably shouldn't have taken the first shot.
IC B3

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Looking foreward to an update Stan. This warm weather isn't going to help the chickenbuck gang at all. Temps are supposed to be above normal here through most of this week.

Don't blame you for not going out. If I were out in those temps all I'd see would be the inside of my eye lids. grin

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
we found this poor guy along the entrance to chickenbuck on the way back from our stands this morning. I think Lester and Buschpilot were behind it smile we all had a great laugh though!

had to share smile

[Linked Image]

update from when I left: we saw a couple, I saw a basket 8 pointer yesterday, didn't have a good shot so I passed.
RWS is pumped to take over my spot smile Good luck buddy!
Wheezy is glad to finally have her jolly ranchers
Dave is glad to be not wearing the bear head again smile
Tzone had a bunch new fresh scrapes and a rub by his blind yesterday that came when he came back to grab a bite to eat at midday. we had amazing ribs friday courtesy of him
Pam is anxious to get a deer
Muffy brought great eats, and was a riot to have in camp smile
Justin might have had a shot as I left, never heard for sure if he did
and little Joe got to sit with Tzone today, so I'm sure he had a blast
Dusty had to leave today as well but it sounds like we'll meet up midweek for more hunting and putting some wood up inside the cabin.

Hope I didn't forget anything, but we had a great fun filled weekend, and season isn't close to being over smile

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Swamp Squid musta got it.

We had a interesting opener but the whole tale has to wait til later. However a teaser covers sherpa and I going in the red river on a recovery mission, and yours truly trapped under a ATV in a 4 and a half foot deep ditch between the wheeler and a culvert, then Sherpa was up to things with starting fluid a tire while inside an enclosed garage.

Anyway great to be here and be back.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
A quick update from our opener: 9 hunters shot 4 bucks. Dad shot a small 8, cousin Dale shot a small 8, I shot a nice 8 or 9 depending on if you wanna count a 1.5 inch tine and then cousin Dale shot a 9 or 10 depending again on a little sticker (party hunting is legal in MN). I will have pics and the story behind my buck tomorrow. My buck scored 115, so not huge, but nice. Dad passed up 3 small bucks, I passed up a 6 pointer and a pretty nice 8, my brother Brian passed up 3 bucks too. Saw a 150+ inch buck in the headlights on my ATV on the way out to the stand this morning. It just stood there, about 35 yards out and looked at 14 year old bother Brian and I. He asked me what do we do? I said "Wave goodbye". Of course we never saw him when it was light.

A family member that hunts at another farm about 25 miles away shot a nice 151 inch 12 pointer that he brought over to process with us. Beautiful rack.

You wouldnt believe the number of shots i heard. I had a slow morning on my stand so I was counting. I shot my buck at 11:27 am and it was the 350th and 351st shots of the day. I finished with just over 500 shots heard. Wow. Most of the shots were just "wa-wumps" in the distance, but I heard them.

Saw and heard lots of pheasants. They will make for a fun end of the year.

What you do today is important, you are trading a day in the rest of your life for it.
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
I'm going to have to spend more time checking out the creek by us. It is named Deer Creek so maybe there's a good reason for the name? Sounds like everyone is having a good time.

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
BM, Congrats to your group. Any antler point an inch long counts.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
All quiet in our area. Never saw a deer, dead or alive. Absolutely no shooting in our immediate area. None. It was a beautiful day, but the deer just weren't moving.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Okay Bill, then it is officially a 9 pointer.

What you do today is important, you are trading a day in the rest of your life for it.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
That poor thing! I bet he fought all night to try to get out of there. It is a very tricky spot, trust me.

I am out of order until further notice. My "stupid people" filter needs cleaning and my "give a damn" batteries have run out.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I think a flying bear landed on him and pushed him into the bog

Page 263 of 1,842 1 2 261 262 263 264 265 1841 1842

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

514 members (219DW, 219 Wasp, 1badf350, 1936M71, 222Sako, 1234, 61 invisible), 2,459 guests, and 1,273 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,441
Posts18,489,474
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.