-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
G
G
Don't wanna rain on your parade, but the one they found, weighed in at 14 Kg, or about 30 lb. grin I suspect it's like Grizzlies. Every time I meet someone who's seen one, it's as big as a horse. smile I imagine a can of dog or bear spray would have ended this real quick.

Last edited by Grizzlyadams; 11/05/09.
GB1

B
bwb Offline
B
Here is one of the comments from this article, is it any wonder this happened?

Thanks so much, Emily, for so clearly stating that Taylor would not have wanted the coyotes to be hunted and killed. I did not know Taylor, but I am a musician and a lover of all creatures on this beautiful earth. How often have coyotes and other sentient beings been forced to lose and grieve their offspring, their kin, lost to human predators? I have heard Taylor's voice calling "Do not kill them. This is their home." They have sacrificed so much to humans who think they are entitled to steal land, hunt, and murder "other" sentient creatures. Please, let Taylor's death not be in vain. LET THEM BE.

Thanks so much, Emily, for your wonderful child. I have heard her music and seen her face, and the message is like crystal.: we are not the only sentient creatures on this planet. Listen to my music and know this.

My nephew was a student at the same school as Taylor. I empathize with you so very deeply. I am so very sorry for your loss. Yet the higher purpose is known to you: spare the extraordinary creatures who brought Taylor to this glorious demise.

My heart is with you. May Taylor bring as much consciousness and clarity to the next phase of her existence as she brought to her time on our beautiful planet.

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Wow. One has to wonder whether the obvious chemical imbalance working in that brain is a result of ingestion or is it a congenital disorder? If there is such a thing as natural selection and it is allowed to work, this writer should have a life expectancy of about three more weeks! GD

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A big stick or a couple rocks would have done the trick also.
Same as dogs.

It is better to be judged by 12 than to be carried by 6.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by bwb

Thanks so much, Emily, for so clearly stating that Taylor would not have wanted the coyotes to be hunted and killed. I did not know Taylor, but I am a musician and a lover of all creatures on this beautiful earth. How often have coyotes and other sentient beings been forced to lose and grieve their offspring, their kin, lost to human predators? I have heard Taylor's voice calling "Do not kill them. This is their home." They have sacrificed so much to humans who think they are entitled to steal land, hunt, and murder "other" sentient creatures. Please, let Taylor's death not be in vain. LET THEM BE.

Thanks so much, Emily, for your wonderful child. I have heard her music and seen her face, and the message is like crystal.: we are not the only sentient creatures on this planet. Listen to my music and know this.

My nephew was a student at the same school as Taylor. I empathize with you so very deeply. I am so very sorry for your loss. Yet the higher purpose is known to you: spare the extraordinary creatures who brought Taylor to this glorious demise.

My heart is with you. May Taylor bring as much consciousness and clarity to the next phase of her existence as she brought to her time on our beautiful planet.

Why it is always the wrong person to get chewed up by coyotes?

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by greydog
A person who is unarmed and unprepared to protect herself is plainly in danger. GD

greydog;
I hope this finds you and yours well this fine Sunday morning.

I believe that on very many levels your statement truly �says it all�. I am sorry to hear of the horrible death of the young singer. When I read the details of the attack and some of the responses, I am left with the feeling the circumstances involved with her demise typify the lack of preparedness her generation has to meet the hard truths of nature.

Since our girls were very young we�ve tried to teach them to take care of themselves in whatever environment we find ourselves in, whether on the streets or the mountains.

A few years back, we stayed in downtown Vancouver to spend a day at the PNE. My wife and I explained to the girls the vagaries of life with some species living there. In particular we told them if we told them to �get behind us� or �run�, it wasn�t time for question or debate, just action.

Since our girls grew up with horses as part of their lives, they know their way around them and were able to learn about animal body language. Having mule deer in the yard and watching the daily pecking order disputes settled with sharp hooves gave them another facet of survival education. We have the occasional bear pass through along with coyotes and the occasional raccoon as well. They�ve learned all animals have the potential to hurt you and some are able to kill you.

When the young lady�s tragic death first hit the news, the girls and I talked about animal attacks on our daily drive home together from school/work. They both replied, with a bit of a typical bored teen delivery, that they would try to wrap something around their weak arm, feed it to the coyote and stab it with their good arm. They continued that if they weren�t packing a knife, they would kick it in unsportsmanlike places if the belly was exposed.

I was initially miffed at the tone of their response, but then thought better of it in that they had listened to what I�d tried to teach them and it had �stuck� so to speak.

As you noted, walking sticks, hatchets, knives and bear spray are all legal in our National Parks and our crew generally have at least one or more of the above on us when we hike in them.

In the final analysis, I can�t help but believe many of our youth today are ill prepared to deal with the vagaries of life that are presented to them in nature and this young woman�s death is an unfortunate example of that. That�s too bad, because as we both know it doesn�t need to be that way.

Thanks for your post and all the best in any upcoming hunts.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by bwb

You got to be schitting me! What a wacko, they brought Taylor to her glorious demise? Torn apart by wild animals! This wacko should go sacrifice herself the extraordinary creatures so she can go to the next phase of her existence so she can hang out with old Taylor. Medication and EST are strongly indicated.

Last edited by kevinh1157; 11/08/09.

Kevin Haile
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Flinch it appears that BWB needs your broadhead extractor real quick.
how many of you remember movie of dingo steeling a young child in Austraila ,merel streep played the mother who was charged with murder of her son, like this should happen.
IN BC we had all kinds of attacs usually by cougers ,mostly on farm animals but a large no on humans usually children.
Awareness and preparedness like BC30 CAL says is the right thing..norm grin

There is not enough darkness in all the world to put out the light of even one small candle----Robert Alden .
If it wern't entertaining, I wouldn't keep coming back.------the BigSky

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
That's what I mean the author of that piece needs a good ass chewing by a half dozen coyotes!

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Yup, I'll drink to that!

Some folks just need a good slap!

Proverbs
- A wise man feareth, and departs from evil: but the fool rages, in confidence.
- It is honor for a man to cease from strife: but every fool will meddle.
- Mischief is as sport to a fool: but a man of understanding hath wisdom.

IC B3

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Some people are so clueless! I'm certain she appologized to the poor critters after every bite. This is so sad for her loved ones.

Bo-ton-ton wanasa hehlogeca. (I have no recipe for horn)
In the woods, You return to reason and faith!
Nobody at home listens to me until I fart.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The sad part is that they multiply and even some get to be politicians running Canada , that's in reference to that mentally challenged bitsse who wrote that piece. We are doomed!!!

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

76 members (35, 10gaugemag, akrange, 13 invisible), 1,556 guests, and 845 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,628
Posts18,492,939
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.