-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 264 of 1,842 1 2 262 263 264 265 266 1841 1842
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
That could very well be. I'm glad I didn't run into any of those flying bears! But I was not too worried about it after the Preacher gave us all the equipment to fight them off.

I am out of order until further notice. My "stupid people" filter needs cleaning and my "give a damn" batteries have run out.
GB1

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Originally Posted by Muffy
That could very well be. I'm glad I didn't run into any of those flying bears! But I was not too worried about it after the Preacher gave us all the equipment to fight them off.

Muffy, please share what's needed so we can all protect ourselves.

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except for bears. Bears kill you.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Two of the main things you need are Lazer Knives and Knife Guns. He told us the flying bears will fly over your stand and poop on you. I said I don't have to worry about that because CBF's stand has a roof on it. He informed me they can still poop on you. When we got the LK's and KG's we were safe then.

I am out of order until further notice. My "stupid people" filter needs cleaning and my "give a damn" batteries have run out.
Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
he was giving them out to us, we couldn't have them, but we could buy them from him for free. he was very distinct on that one, then he decided saturday to give them away so everyone could be safe.
I also bought 22 cars for a dollar this weekend.

Beware of any old man in a profession where one usually dies young.

Calm seas don't make sailors.
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Just my luck, I contacted Cabelas, Gander and Scheels and they don't stock them. Think he'd loan me one of each so I can make it through the season? I'll send him a prepaid container. grin

I'm getting worried now that you told me the roof on my blind won't protect me. shocked

Last edited by Grizzly_Bill; 11/09/09.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
he gave me 3 knife guns and 10 lazer knives, I'll PM one of each to you so you got em.

nothing protects from flying bear poop unfortunately, you're on your own there

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by Grizzly_Bill
Just my luck, I contacted Cabelas, Gander and Scheels and they don't stock them. Think he'd loan me one of each so I can make it through the season? I'll send him a prepaid container. grin

I'm getting worried now that you told me the roof on my blind won't protect me. shocked

PWM told me, Bill, that he sent you a package with some knife guns and laser knives. Sent it yesterday from the cabin. He also said that he put a present in there too...a monster truck. So enjoy. grin

"I'm not crying!!"
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Pam, tell PWM he's a live saver. I feel safer already. smile

Has anyone connected yet?

Colorado, I'll share whatever you send with the other guys in camp. Good thing they're totally oblivious or there would be a major panic. Thanks for sharing too. grin

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
PWM, forgot to thank you for the monster truck. So thanks. I enjoy playing with them, especially the remote control ones. My grandson and I have RC races whenever I visit him in Portland.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
you're welcome, hate to see guys in the woods without a knife gun for protection

IC B3

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
I'm back. grin

Had a blast. The most fun I've had in a camp ever. period. end of story. The shooting was a little slim, because deer sighting were slim.

A HUGE thanks to Dave, Pam, and gang for letting me be part of their camp for the weekend. I really appreciate it.

Uncle Dusty and Muffy were a riot, and great camp members. Muffy kept us all fat with some awesome baking. PWM is as cool in person as he is in the stories. RWS, is a great hunter for being 12yrs old. Weezy kept me entertained, with driving stories, Jolly Ranchers, and Phat Phill. smile

I'm tired so I'll try to be quick. Dave, PWM, and I took a walk yesterday, and saw a doe, but didn't connect. I sat the evening with PWM, and we saw a fawn run through after some VERY close shooting, but I didn't want to shoot a fawn.

I sat in Ryan's stand this am, and talked dirty with a buck for a few hours, but the wind was from me to him and he wouldn't poke his head out. frown

I'll post some pictures tomorrow, including an interesting single car accident I came up on, on the Red Lake Indian Rez.

I had a great time, and hope you guys get to lay the wood to a few deer yet this season.

Camp is where you make it.
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Glad you had fun Tzone, the hunting has been slim picking's out in our neighborhood too. we've gotten a few, i let a lot walk away. The chickenBuck was a blast again, muffy was hilarious, fun to see you'all. hoping to get out hunting later this week, got to get a cast on my 7yr olds arm today, darn monkey bars got him at school. I haven't shot yet but plenty of opportunity. i guess pretty picky. Keep the safe hunt going and watch out for flying bears...

It is a silly fish that is caught twice with the same bait!
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Bad news on the little guy. frown Hope it gets better quick.

It was fun to hang with you again. The Crapolade was fun.

Did you guys see that frozen buck in the swamp? grin You must have drove right by him.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
he's giving it his all so far. hopefully that cast today will keep him from moving so much. heal quicker. we didn't see any deer on the way home, it was a pretty quiet night. everyone was sleeping when we got back, we did stalk a decent 8 on sunday though. someone else was trying to stalk him but didn't have permission to hunt that property and we did. we watched him for 4 hours from the road, then the deer ran within 10ft of this guy and he never shot because he was on our property. so he left the field after that long and we walked straight out to him and had him in 15 minutes. it was great!!

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Sure hope he heals fast.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
he'e been out hunting with grandpa in the pickup, he doesn't even complain about it. How big was taht deer in the swamp Tzone, looked pretty neat!

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Guessing it was a 7pt, bout 168 pounds. smile

make sure Lester pays up too.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Saw a huge doe on my way out Chickebuck. It was near the State Park and State Forest, so I didn't know if I could shoot or not...so I didn't.

She was pretty easy pickin's too. Stood there for about 5 minutes. I was watching for her boyfriend, and he didn't come along either.

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Well I crawled out of the woods to come to work for a half day.

Heated a metal pail of pond water on the woodstove last night & had me a shower outside behind my truck at about 10 last night. CBF thought I was crazy, felt pretty good though. We stayed last night at camp. I sat in Ryan's stand & Justin (CBF) set a portable up about 400 yds straight south of ryan's stand so we had that whole tamarack cut covered.

We had a regular deer concert going on last night, justin was hitting the horns on the south end of the cut, I was doing doe calls & buck grunts on the north side, I heard the can come into play a couple times from justin's side too.

Heard a dear pushing his way through the brush to the west of Ryan's stand but it held up at the edge of the cut, never stepped out.

I stayed in Ryan's stand a little extra late because I knew Justin had to come past me on his way out & we were going to head back to the cabin together.

A fawn came in from the east to Ryans stand & went right under me, I mean between the tree & the ladder. It skirted the edge of the cut & I could hear another deer coming in behind it.

It turned out to be the doe to the fawn. Well Justin was coming across the cut & the fawn busted Justin But didn't really run, this put the doe on alert & I didn't get a look at her until she bolted & showed up her tail.

I wasn't going to shoot a fawn & it's fine that it didn't work out for the doe either.

They'll be hanging around the area & hopefully cross the path of one of our other hunters this coming weekend.

We both sat this morning again but it was very quiet in the woods.

Wow I had a great time as usual, big thanks to Buschpilot & les for coming to visit, We had other visitors too. Backwoodsbrian is a poster on the campfire, he was out with another good friend of ours on Saturday night.

I think I have a few pics from the weekend but not much, might have to rely on Tzone & colorado's pictures to cover the first weekend.

Here's some rib prep from friday. We started these ribs at noon & ate em probably after 7 sometime.

[Linked Image]

ready for the grill here.

[Linked Image]

I don't know if anybody else got pictures of the finished product but man were they good, thanks again so much Tom for bringing them!!

Here's Tom cutting some grouse he shot on Friday.

[Linked Image]

here's a nasty big rub by Tom's ground blind, I hope we can get this guy!!

(sorry i didn't rotate the picture)

[Linked Image]

Something clever here.

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Justin shot this chickenbuck yesterday with a 30-06.

[Linked Image]

young one, 5 pointer.

here's what the gunrack looked like Friday night.

[Linked Image]

here's tzone getting "shamed" with the shame stick for shooting but missing a deer. He's taking it quite well actually.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Muffy with that bear head on her head. boy she sure liked wearing that bear head hat, grin

[Linked Image]

Something clever here.

Page 264 of 1,842 1 2 262 263 264 265 266 1841 1842

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

81 members (007FJ, 35, 444Matt, 7mm_Loco, 6mmCreedmoor, 12 invisible), 1,483 guests, and 855 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,370
Posts18,488,308
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.