-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Sen. Orrin Hatch predicts one coming. He says Americans are starting to wake up to what this bill really entails and that we're being lied to about it's real cost.
HOLY WAR

β€œIn a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
This Bill will end the United States as we know it.... and people aren't even paying attention.

[Linked Image]

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
it is probably too damn late for Americans to "wake up". The dirt has been done, and its a down hill ride from here.

Any effort to fix this crap is about 40 years too late.

Sam......

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Foxbat
This Bill will end the United States as we know it.... and people aren't even paying attention.

I have to agree with the latter. The former...maybe. We'll see, because I think it will pass.

We on the Campfire tend to sit around here and grumble because when we get out in the real world it is so repulsive to us that we retreat to a place where those of like-mind come as well and bittch about our situation. It makes us feel better. The reality is that not one in ten people know much about this whole thing and even fewer care. That's what happened in the last election. That's what happened in the last election that mattered here locally, and that's what will happen when they vote today.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'll tell you where we are gonna see the real holy war over this healthcare debate- abortion. Yes, the major argument will be about spending and govt control. But the politicians have drawn a line in the sand over whether we use govt spending to pay for abortions, and sides are very motivated to defend their position.

The abortion rights folks claim that abortion is legal, and therefore, there should be no reason not to use public funds to finance it. They also know that if we do, it will be fully endorsed by the govt and it will be nearly impossible to ever take away abortions.

The pro life folks acknowledge, grudgingly, that abortions are legal, but using THEIR taxpayer dollars to pay for it is a totally different concept. In essence, anti-abortion people will be directly financing the procedure. To me, that is completely unacceptable.

So, while the spending and control issues will be top IN THE MINDS of the people, the abortion issue will be top IN THEIR HEARTS. Mark my words, the abortion provisions in this bills will be the tipping point, either way, on whether this thing passes.

"Hey jackass, get your government off my freedom."
MOLON LABE
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
You may be right, but IMO, the abortionists will push it as far as they can and then tactically cave, leaving the boulevard for passage wide and open.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
It won't be an easy fix. The 1-10-100 rule applies and we're well in to the 100 part..

Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Personally I think that the abortion issue is a tactical move to distract us from defeating the whole bill.

And given the amount of grief that the congress members received last Summer and the fact that the piece of tra, er, bill that came out of the house only passed by a few votes tells us how scared the 'moderates' are about this issue.

This is because people ARE paying attention. Only 1 in 3 Americans are supporting HC.

The president has squandered so much political clout on this issue and fiddled while the economy burns (not that he can do much about it), congress members are scared but the leadership has forced this issue. I suspect a major house cleaning (including Reid) if this thing passes.

Carpe' Scrotum
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ColeYounger
You may be right, but IMO, the abortionists will push it as far as they can and then tactically cave, leaving the boulevard for passage wide and open.

They pulled that tactic in the house Cole. They didn't have enough votes and they made a few changes to the abortion language and BOOM, over the top.

MOLON LABE
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Steve

This is because people ARE paying attention. Only 1 in 3 Americans are supporting HC.

The president has squandered so much political clout on this issue and fiddled while the economy burns (not that he can do much about it), congress members are scared but the leadership has forced this issue. I suspect a major house cleaning (including Reid) if this thing passes.

Agree 100%
This HC debacle is going to bite the dems in the ass, hard!

"For joy of knowing what may not be known we take the golden road to Samarkand."
James Elroy Flecker

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I hope you guys are right.

MOLON LABE
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
They don't care if they lose their seats on the US Congress because by than they'll be eligible for seats on the UN Congress. This is what Obamacare is all about getting seats on the new world government.

BTW: FWIW, I'm on the side of the pro-life crowd as it concerns funding.

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Me too!

Carpe' Scrotum
K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
If this HC bill passes and it does not start until 2013, does anyone think it could be undone by the congress after the 2010 elections?

Life NRA Member

Life SCI Member
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Karl_D
If this HC bill passes and it does not start until 2013, does anyone think it could be undone by the congress after the 2010 elections?

NO!!!! It takes less votes to do a thing than it takes to undo a thing.

The whole purpose of Obamacare is to destroy the country so that we can beg the UN to take over governing the former US and govern us like we should be governed. Both parties are guilty.

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Mannlicher said:
it is probably too damn late for Americans to "wake up". The dirt has been done, and its a down hill ride from here.

Any effort to fix this crap is about 40 years too late.

Because we were collectively thinking when we voted for and sent someone to congress they were acting on our behalf, it appears that was not true. I wonder how much CRAP has been dumped on us in the disguise of "doing the people's business"? Congress should be ashamed of themselves and we should too for not paying attention. kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
They put out their hands, and the politicians fill it. That is all they see. Greedy, greedy people. Selling out for trinkets. The native peoples probably feel the same way about Manhattan. We may eventually be able to repair the damage done by Obama, but we will never be the same again. To some degree, that is good. Decent, hard - working, normal Americans should not be drowned out, and ruled by a bunch of loud mouthed weirdos. The apathy of the "silent majority", including myself, caused this.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Sorry, but I caused none of it. I've screamed, yelled, cajoled, and pleaded with people to vote right, but it can't be done when both sides are bought and paid for. I've even participated in the system. I didn't do this crap, it was done to me. I sound like my Grandpa, but I shudder to think what will happen to my kids.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
Sen. Orrin Hatch predicts one coming. He says Americans are starting to wake up to what this bill really entails and that we're being lied to about it's real cost.
Ya think?

Do you also think it will matter? They will pass this - no matter WHAT...

We're done as a country unless a revolution takes these people out of office by hook or crook..

This is now the most corrupt government that has ever been seated in the USA..

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ColeYounger
Sorry, but I caused none of it. I've screamed, yelled, cajoled, and pleaded with people to vote right, but it can't be done when both sides are bought and paid for. I've even participated in the system. I didn't do this crap, it was done to me. I sound like my Grandpa, but I shudder to think what will happen to my kids.

Dittos. +1

I've been talking and talking and screaming and screaming and warning and warning people since latter highschool. In the late 70's a lot of people thought I was a lunatic punk kid with no comprehension of what's going on and what was to come. Every single one of them talks a different talk now. MANY have come to me in recent years stating how amazed they are about my predictions coming true. Glad their blinders are finally being peeled back. But.... why'd it take so long? And why are they still so slow to grasp the obvious? Gotta have their noses rubbed in it really hard before they'll accept and quit denying, I suppose. Well, they're getting it now!

BAN THE RAINBOW FLAG!
PERVERTS OFFEND ME!

"When is penguin season, daddy? I wanna go kill a penguin!"
---- 4 yr old Archerhuntress

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

296 members (1minute, 1_deuce, 16gage, 17CalFan, 10gaugemag, 16penny, 40 invisible), 1,993 guests, and 1,084 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,859
Posts18,497,167
Members73,979
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.