Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
If you like looking at charts through your scope and standing outside at night comparing one to another, there is no telling what you will come up with..

I use a scope for one thing, and thats hunting..I am not anal about clarity, etc., etc., I intend to place the cross hair on a big game animal and pull the trigger, the sight picture always seems clear to me, but if not then I can still perform the task at hand...I have shot animals in the fog where they appeared to be a ghost, so I suppose clarity is over played along with a lot of things I read about..and even worse is the size of scopes that many of todays hunters put on their hunting rifles.

What has worked for me for the past 60 plus years is Leupolds, I have used them under all conditions and on almost every continent, I have culled large amounts of animals with them and have used them in all manor of weather and harsh conditions..They have satisfied me totally...

If I had to pick one scope to use on all my rifles for the rest of my life on everything from rockchucks to Elephant, then it would undoubtebly be the old 3X or 4X fixed Leupold..I like the 1x4, 1.5x5 and 2x7x33 Leupolds for my hunting..I have 3x9s on my varmint rifles. I am satisfied with that..I tried the rest and didn't much care for them. I don't like European scopes..

This is my take only, applies only to myself, what others do is certainly their option, just like the above is mine. Not up for arguement, might discuss it a bit around a campfire.

GB1

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
For me a good scope is a european scope. Never ever have they failed. Leupold have failed. So wise from my own experience I avoid that L brand. Use my hard earned money to buy quality and usability.

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
What about US Optics? Their 2.8-22X only runs $2,285 and is American made. Buy American, buy the best.

Or buy 10 Tasco's and when one takes a dump, toss it and install another!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
WanglerJohn,

I pay only $100 for my Tascos. smile

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
[bleep] Leupolds used last week, I'm expecting more dead [bleep] this coming week with more [bleep] Leupolds. It is enjoyable watching folks 'talk' that I ain't seen post anything dead, ever.

You boys carry on.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
"The Best Scope Money Can Buy".... It depends.

For me, I've found that for the vast majority of my hunting, Leupold gets the nod. Sure, there's other scopes on the market that are brighter, have better contrast, color rendition, etc...., but for my hunting Leupold has most of the attributes I desire.

Light weight, rugged, dependable, excellent eye relief, forgiving eye box, trim aesthetic lines, etc.

Now, for hunting the night shift, I use a S&B Zenith with Flash Dot. Hunting feral hogs with little to no moon light and in heavy cover.... the expensive Euro scope "shines".

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Steelhead
...................... It is enjoyable watching folks 'talk' that I ain't seen post anything dead, ever.

You just haven't looked, there's been plenty others posted........................DJ

Remember this is all supposed to be for fun.......................
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Not many, if ANY, people calling Leupolds [bleep].

Glance up at the title of the thread. Hell, even Leupold wouldn't make the claim that their vx-2 and vx-3 scopes are "the best scopes money can buy"!

I love my Leupolds and sing their praises regularly, but that doesn't mean I can't love other scopes or optics, too, and sing their praises.

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Leupold makes good scopes, but there are better ones.

Been posted before but it sure looks like a Swaro my buddy used on this little Mulie:

[Linked Image]

...........................dj

Remember this is all supposed to be for fun.......................
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
There's always trade-offs and compromises to be had with any given make and model scope.
I think the die-hard Leupold supporters have simply found through trial and experience that for most hunting needs, Loopie has the best blend and balance at an affordable price.

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I don't want to get too technical here but the law of supply and demand pretty much assures that "the best (insert product here) money can buy" is not going to be below the midpoint of the overall price range. whistle

OD

There is a very fine line between idiotic and clever. Most internet posters have no idea where it is.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
i think for Hunting the first focal plane Zeiss Diavari is probably the best....how much better than the rest id debateable....the etched first focal plane reticle, legendary zeiss glass and, lotutec anti-fog coating are all plusses

"Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered."
― George Orwell, 1984
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by ceylonc
My $.02...

Top Three, in no particular order.
--Zeiss Victory Divari;
--Schmidt & Bender Zenith;
--Swarovski Z6;

All three will do you well.

Ditto. Now if you ask me what is the best VALUE, the choice would be Leupold without question. jorge

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
B
BMT Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by jorgeI
Originally Posted by ceylonc
My $.02...

Top Three, in no particular order.
--Zeiss Victory Divari;
--Schmidt & Bender Zenith;
--Swarovski Z6;

All three will do you well.

Ditto. Now if you ask me what is the best VALUE, the choice would be Leupold without question. jorge

Amen.

"The Church can and should help modern society by tirelessly insisting that the work of women in the home be recognized and respected by all in its irreplaceable value." Apostolic Exhortation On The Family, Pope John Paul II
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
VALUE.....zeiss conquest

"Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered."
― George Orwell, 1984
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
VALUE.....zeiss conquest

+1

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
I will never know what the absolute best is that money can buy...

But best my budget can buy is Nightforce.

Love your neighbor as yourself. Do not take into account a wrong suffered. Never return evil for evil. Resist not the violent man. Turn the other cheek, go the second mile, give to him that asks.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Let's try to find a firearm that a Leupold won't work on?

Come on America,
Athletes and actors are not heroes, only soldiers, airmen,marines and sailors get that respect�and let's add firemen and LEO's

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Steelhead
[bleep] Leupolds used last week, I'm expecting more dead [bleep] this coming week with more [bleep] Leupolds. It is enjoyable watching folks 'talk' that I ain't seen post anything dead, ever.

You boys carry on.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Did you whack another one? I thought you'd shot the buck you posted with the "Back in Black"?

Either way, that's a nice buck.

Travis

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Let's try to find a firearm that a Leupold won't work on?

Of course the same can be said for many other scope manufacturers. grin

Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

265 members (12344mag, 1lessdog, 160user, 257 roberts, 10Glocks, 2UP, 31 invisible), 1,717 guests, and 1,135 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,750
Posts18,495,296
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.