Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 10 11
D
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
D
Studying Lincoln and his arguments for preserving the union, it dawned on me after a while, that Lincoln simply didn't comprehend the plain issues. He didn't understand Madison, much less Jefferson. It is embarrassing really. And look at the destruction he wrought, and the injustice we still suffer because of him.

The ABC's of American liberty are not hard. Palin could have hit a home run. Now I am not sure she has a full grasp. Really. Sorry.

John Locke's 2nd Treatise is extremely short.
The Virginia and Kentucky resolves... very very short.
The Federalist Papers... a book, but not overwhelming, not at all.
A careful, thoughtful, well researched commentary on the Declaration of Independence I have at my bedstand is about 100 pages. Not long.

The big picture is not hard to digest and defend.

Last edited by DixieFreedomz; 11/22/09.

Love your neighbor as yourself. Do not take into account a wrong suffered. Never return evil for evil. Resist not the violent man. Turn the other cheek, go the second mile, give to him that asks.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Here's my meager take on Ms. Palin.. She's not in public office now. She put out a book that basically (from what I've heard - haven't read it and fully admit it) points out where she came from - not where she's going.. I think she's smart enough to just, for now, be visible and begin to create a following. She also knows, IMHO, that she's not electable in 2012 - so she's going to do this slowly, patiently and then for the 2016 run, giverhell...

By that time, I don't doubt that she'll be front and center with her views and directions for this country..

IF, that is, she decides it's worth a shot to run. but I'm betting it will not be in 2012..

Just my .02

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
I don't have to be told things will be done in the exact manner I would do them or think they should be done. Just they will work at getting the same things done whatever it takes.

Imagine, someone who isn't the most polished speaker but proven to roll up their sleeves and take each problem on as they come with common sense.

Mrs Palin is the exact opposite of the politicians we have in both parties and a proven worker for the people. Her domestic policies on capitalism and energy are right on. Her foreign policy of polite but tough is Reaganish and she quotes Reagan, I don't need her to quote anyone else.

Doubt I'll read her book on how the campaign went, I already know the ending and it was crappy and not her fault.

Where's someone even close to her qualities that has any chance of being elected, Pat or Ron aren't no matter if their ideas are right.

Kent

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
"Her communist opposition is so low life, so foul, so wicked, so completely devoid of any hint of goodness that I have simply come to the conclusion we need a fighter of a rougher hue."

She does seem to be out of her league at times but remember how she acted fresh out of the chute in AK. She kicked a lot of ass and took a lot of names, strait to the cleaner... She didn't pull any punches. Not all she did was so great in everyone's eyes, but she showed more balls in her few months as Governor than most politicians show in their decades-long careers. She stood her ground. She kept pushing foreward. She kept her principles up front and had no qualms aobut rubbing people's noses in it.

She's a fighter. The hue may not be the roughest, but she's far and away the best thing going when it comes to taking a stand for what she believes is right.

I'm still 100% behind her.

BAN THE RAINBOW FLAG!
PERVERTS OFFEND ME!

"When is penguin season, daddy? I wanna go kill a penguin!"
---- 4 yr old Archerhuntress

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T

I've had enough affirmative action for a while.

From now on, give me an old white man for president.

- Tom

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Palin is a creation of those trying to appeal to anti-intellectualism. She may not even know it. She isn't the answer and isn't even close.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by ColeYounger
Palin is a creation of those trying to appeal to anti-intellectualism.
I'm afraid you're right. The fact that some here equate true intellect, like that of our Founding Fathers, with ivory tower leftist intellectualism is, to say the least, very troubling. As if the only alternative to ivory tower intellectualism is anti-intellectualism. Very troubling, indeed. I fear for my nation.

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
She does seem to be out of her league at times but remember how she acted fresh out of the chute in AK. She kicked a lot of ass and took a lot of names, strait to the cleaner... She didn't pull any punches.
That is what I expect from her now. There are a lot of names to name and circumstances to circumspect. We have no time to waste. I hope she starts soon.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Steelhead said:
It doesn't take an intellectual mind to know when somethings are just the wrong thing to do, nor to recognize when things are FUBAR.

We all seem to appreciate common sense and no bullshitt but oft times when folks get it from less than 'educated' (didn't say intelligent) individuals people a quick to point it out. Lots of things ain't rocket science and the key to any good leader is assembling the RIGHT people around you.

A leader doesn't need to be the most educated/intellectual person in the room they need to look at big picture stuff and be able cut through the bullshitt.

Lots of folks voting for a 'leader' that haven't the first [bleep] clue what a leader is. Therein lies the rub.

Steelhead for Pres' 2012

kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
I'm pretty sure Palin had no intention of the book being intellectual.. If Palin had done that, then people would be screaming that the book was boring, and that she was some crazy religious right winger trying to promote her agenda..

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by DixieFreedomz
Studying Lincoln and his arguments for preserving the union, it dawned on me after a while, that Lincoln simply didn't comprehend the plain issues. He didn't understand Madison, much less Jefferson. It is embarrassing really. And look at the destruction he wrought, and the injustice we still suffer because of him.

The ABC's of American liberty are not hard. Palin could have hit a home run. Now I am not sure she has a full grasp. Really. Sorry.

John Locke's 2nd Treatise is extremely short.
The Virginia and Kentucky resolves... very very short.
The Federalist Papers... a book, but not overwhelming, not at all.
A careful, thoughtful, well researched commentary on the Declaration of Independence I have at my bedstand is about 100 pages. Not long.

The big picture is not hard to digest and defend.

I'm not sure this type of intellectualism is recognized here on the camp fire, or for that matter any where on the net, most folks hate individual thought, and abohar any original thinking.

Who would want to be well read, thus proving how you arrived at your thinking? Yes, just to well reasoned and argument. Do you really feel you need to go any further Bastiat's 0observations on America? I have never known a politician to get that far into a political education.

Thus saith thr lord; Cursed be the man that trusteth in man, and maketh flesh his arm, and whose heart departeh from the lord. Jeremiah 17:5 KJV
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Guy at work loaned me his copy. Painful read actually. Backward looking is what he called it. I suppose a blow by blow re-hash of this and that appeals to women.

The more I think about this, the more ridiculous it is.. Some dude doesn't even have the coin to buy his own copy of the book, yet gets on the internet with a superior attitude about the book. I bet Dixie would piss his pants if he ever met Palin.

WTF is "appeals to women"? Nice sexist jab. You could say that about 90% of what is posted on the "Hunters Campfire" too..

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Steelhead
It doesn't take an intellectual mind to know when somethings are just the wrong thing to do, nor to recognize when things are FUBAR.

We all seem to appreciate common sense and no bullshitt but oft times when folks get it from less than 'educated' (didn't say intelligent) individuals people a quick to point it out. Lots of things ain't rocket science and the key to any good leader is assembling the RIGHT people around you.

A leader doesn't need to be the most educated/intellectual person in the room they need to look at big picture stuff and be able cut through the bullshitt.

Lots of folks voting for a 'leader' that haven't the first [bleep] clue what a leader is. Therein lies the rub.

Lotta good insite right there.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
"WTF is "appeals to women"? Nice sexist jab. You could say that about 90% of what is posted on the "Hunters Campfire" too.."

Does that include pictures of boobies? laugh

Say, that reminds me. This is a Sarah Palin thread with no pictures. What gives? Do I have to request the park bench puker to get some of you's guys back on the ball?

BAN THE RAINBOW FLAG!
PERVERTS OFFEND ME!

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by 3sixbits

Who would want to be well read, thus proving how you arrived at your thinking? Yes, just to well reasoned and argument. Do you really feel you need to go any further Bastat's 0observations on America? I have never known a politician to get that fare into a political education.

I'm not able to locate a link. Could you please clarify? Is Bastat a correct spelling?

Thanks.

Paul

Stupidity has its way, while its cousin, evil, runs rampant.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
i dont know how to bring quote forward....??
REdneck ,Krp you both have made good comments.
YOU DONT BUILD A HOUSE FROM THE ROOF DOWN//YOU BUILD FROM BOTTOM UP START ON SOLID GROUND BUILD STRONG FOUNDATION
THEN THE HOUSE THEN THE FURNISHINGS//
SARA PALIN GOT DRAWEN INTO SOMEBODY ELESES HOUSE WITH THEIR HOUSE RULES.remember her dad said she is not retreating she isRRREEELOOOOADINGGGG...
SHE IS NOW BUILDING HER OWN HOUSE BACKGROUND,FOUNDATION..
TALK SHOWES, SEMINARS [ANOTHER BOOK]? THATS PLANNING ,REASERCH,THATS THE GROUND FLOOR..you get my point2012 is 36 months away 18 months untill real campaining starts IF SHES GOING TO RUN SHE HAS TO BUILD AND BUILD WELL ...TO TAKE OVER FROM WHERE ObamA LEFT OFF WILL TAKE A VERY DERTIMENED INDIVIDUAL WITH VERY VERY GOOD PEOPLE BEHIND HER oberservations from the north country..NORM. grin smile

There is not enough darkness in all the world to put out the light of even one small candle----Robert Alden .
If it wern't entertaining, I wouldn't keep coming back.------the BigSky

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Bastiat.

Everything he ever wrote is worth reading. No, studying.

BAN THE RAINBOW FLAG!
PERVERTS OFFEND ME!

T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
The last thing conservatives need is an older white male to run. McCain was seen as a grumpy old man and could only talk about lowering taxes and �the surge�. Conservatives need a good looking, intelligent, younger male that is as good as O�Bama on the speaker�s podium. He has to appeal to women and younger voters. We live in the age of television and now especially the internet. I believe that president O�Bama is well liked as a person. I like him, but I STRONGLY disagree with the direction he is leading the country and his liberal view. He is probably one of the best public speakers to come down the pike in a long time�and he was �cool�. In reality, he has less experience in actually running the government than Palin..yet, he was elected. The women loved Bill Clinton, and Reagan was like the good �father� image. I think Palin is a breath of fresh air, but because she is almost too attractive, women voters may resent her..she may be a lot tougher than one might think�How many would stand up to big oil? I guess it really doesn�t matter who gets elected at this point, as we have just experienced �Capitalism Gone Wild�, and nothing has changed..the big banks own everything, dictate monetary policy, and will continue to control the government and those that we elect to represent us

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

DixieFreesdomz,

Please expand upon your comments above.

Thank you.

Don

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Thumper358
The last thing conservatives need is an older white male to run. McCain was seen as a grumpy old man and could only talk about lowering taxes and �the surge�. Conservatives need a good looking, intelligent, younger male that is as good as O�Bama on the speaker�s podium. He has to appeal to women and younger voters. We live in the age of television and now especially the internet. I believe that president O�Bama is well liked as a person. I like him, but I STRONGLY disagree with the direction he is leading the country and his liberal view. He is probably one of the best public speakers to come down the pike in a long time�and he was �cool�. In reality, he has less experience in actually running the government than Palin..yet, he was elected. The women loved Bill Clinton, and Reagan was like the good �father� image. I think Palin is a breath of fresh air, but because she is almost too attractive, women voters may resent her..she may be a lot tougher than one might think�How many would stand up to big oil? I guess it really doesn�t matter who gets elected at this point, as we have just experienced �Capitalism Gone Wild�, and nothing has changed..the big banks own everything, dictate monetary policy, and will continue to control the government and those that we elect to represent us

God save us from moderates.

Page 3 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 10 11

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

567 members (10gaugemag, 12344mag, 16penny, 1badf350, 007FJ, 1Akshooter, 53 invisible), 2,481 guests, and 1,285 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,050
Posts18,501,017
Members73,987
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.