Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 276 of 1,842 1 2 274 275 276 277 278 1841 1842
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
I think I see brow tines on the MrsND's deer congratulate her on her fork.

If you love someone set them free
If they come back no one else liked them
Set them free again
GB1

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
yep, he's damn near a 3 point grin

hey bucktail, you just posted post number 5500 on the deercamp thread! Wooo!

Last edited by northern_dave; 11/22/09.

Something clever here.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by northern_dave
yep, he's damn near a 3 point grin

Stingy bastidge... grin

If you love someone set them free
If they come back no one else liked them
Set them free again
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Oh my gosh I just went back & re read this. See I started a post while I had burgers going in the kitchen at home here and I lost my original post while i was away from the computer.

Anyways, my original post had news about Dusty's deer too! He's been hunting up here for 3 years with us now & he ended his dry spell this morning with a 200 yd shot on what looked like a doe, ended up beeing a nubby.

The one hanging between dusty & I in this photo.

[Linked Image]

I can't tell for sure but it seems like he's happy in the photo?

grin

Something clever here.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Hi all...I asked Dave to post the 'story' since he is way better at writing than I but he wouldn't. So bare with me, please.

Yesterday morning Dave took me threw the swamp to the "TZone" stand for morning post. I had taken my watch off the night before just shortly before bed and forgot it in the cabin so I had no idea what time it was getting to be. I had decided that I would wait and try to hear when Dusty went back to the cabin, that would be breakfast time and time to get down even though I was starting to get chilly. The sun had come up and I was thinking how beautiful it was looking over the forest and running threw my head all the happenings of the past week and what I needed to do for the upcoming week. I was even wondering if your eyeballs get cold...weird to think I know.

Anyways, I had my wool mittens on and had stuck my hands inside my jacket pockets when I heard some rustling in the cane grass. I just brushed it off as Dave coming to check on how things were going when I saw the most beautiful site I hadn't seen in quite a while....a deer! My eyes about popped out of my head and then I thought "how the heck am I gonna get my hands out without the deer hearing me?" He continued to mill around, stopping now and then while I got my hands out, one mitten on and one mitten off. I was watching and trying to figure a good spot to shoot since there were small trees and brush everywhere. Then he went behind a big evergreen tree just before the cedar forest and I thought &*%$# I lost my chance now and he's going in the cedars. To my amazement,he turned and was coming back to me. Well then I had to try and get somewhat turned since I shoot right handed. I got my body shifted a little bit but my mitten did stick to the velcro like it was supposed to. How the heck am I gonna shoot with this thing flopping back and forth? Is it gonna get in the way? Will I be able to see? Well I got it figured out and thought "Pam it's now or never". I had him in the scope and BAMMMMM! He went down, ran, would fall, ran a little more and fell for the last time. His head went down and he was done. I didn't know at the time that it was a buck, was just hoping it wasn't the size of Ryan's since I gave him so much crap the weekend before. grin

Ok so he's down, I'm shaking so bad and taking deep breathes, giggling to myself too, thinking OMG I shot a deer. Then it hits me...what do i do now? Should I yell to Dave? Is he gonna know that I shot? Should I get down and walk back to the cabin? Should I just sit here? I should probably calm down a little. Well here comes Dave! He stops and looks at me, I motioned for him to get over here. He walks a little closer and whispers "is it dead". I about fell out of the stand from shaking my head YES so hard. He started laughing when he stops and saw where the first blood was. OOHHHHH!!! Then I rattled off the whole story to him, just grinning the whole time. RWS shortly followed to where we were, smiling like heck. "Mom did you shoot one" he kept saying. YEP!!

Dave started talking me threw the 'gutting' process but I let him take over because we would have been there for days if I had done the whole thing. Got back to the cabin to see that Dusty and Muffy were back. Dusty gave me a huge hug which followed by Muffy and Weezie. Then I had to run threw the story again, but I didn't mind. I finished and asked Dusty about his exciting morning and congrats to him as well.

My goodness it was a blast. FINALLY! grin Sorry to all this got so lengthy but I had to tell the story AGAIN.

I have to say that I'm quite proud of our family and friends. Proud that we have established such a comfortable place with the help of all that has been a part and will continue to be a part of Camp Chickenbuck. I appreciate the time spent with all that come and all that read about our 'big adventures'. I truly love any and all time that Dusty and Muffy can spare to come up to the Camp. The two of you are a hoot!! Now we need to get working on the apparel for Camp Chickenbuck. Hats, coats, tshirts, sweatshirts, etc. Oh what the imagination of a five year old boy can start...ha! Thanks for listening all.

Last edited by mrsnortherndave; 11/23/09.

"I'm not crying!!"
IC B2

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Awesome post!

Great story telling!! See nobody can tell your deer story for you! You have to do it yourself for so many reasons, fun aint it? grin

Pam did really good everybody. I tell you, I would have had to have shouldered the rifle for a left handed shot to make the shot she pulled off from that stand. She put that bullet in the right spot that's for sure. Shoulder entrance, lungs, she separated the heart from it's pluming, that deer wasn't going anywhere!

She stayed calm, pulled off the shot & her enthusiasm was so genuine, she was ecstatic! What a hoot!

Good job Pam!

Something clever here.

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Very nice indeed and you don't look or act anything like Dave has mentioned (very unflattering). Let me know when he gets kicked to the curb....

Congrats on the deer!

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
grin

She's at work now with her office full of snooty "townie girls", none of them are all that happy for her hunting success.

They probably all think it is very cruel & that meat should be bought at the grocery store where the store people "make it".

Something clever here.

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Want me to come up and breed the stupid out off those blue state living, Obama loving chicks?

They'll be sausage hounds by the time I leave.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
TFF!!

that's probably just what they need grin

Something clever here.

IC B3

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Great Job Pam!

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
great story Pam! that is awesome!
are those horns going to be mounted to a hat proper like? laugh

Beware of any old man in a profession where one usually dies young.

Calm seas don't make sailors.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I had a wonderful time again this weekend. Thanks Dave for bringing me through the swamp to the stand where I watched them 2 fawns. Eventhough it was something I was not going to shoot at, I enjoyed watching them.

Sunday morning was great! I didn't see anything, but a bunch of chattering squirrels. I was sitting in the grey ladder stand and I heard a shot behind me. I knew it was dad. My heart started pounding hard, I was just glad someone in our hunting party was seeing something to shoot at. Then not long after that, there was another close shot. I knew it had to be Dave or Pam.

Dad and I got back to the shack, and we found out it was Pam. It was great to see how excited she was when she told her story.

I am out of order until further notice. My "stupid people" filter needs cleaning and my "give a damn" batteries have run out.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
did you guys get some patches then for the TB check?

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
No they didn't. When we went to the store to register the deer, nobody was there testing.

I am out of order until further notice. My "stupid people" filter needs cleaning and my "give a damn" batteries have run out.
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
That's right, I am very, very dissapointed that we couldn't find any DNR reps to test our deer.

Very dissapointed.

I guess they would rather kill there own & test them than test deer that hunters shoot.

I'm pretty mad about that.

Something clever here.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I would be too, thats BS
they should be there til 8pm last day of season.
they want the deer shot so they can test, yet they are slacking on the testing

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I thought for sure they would be there on the last day. I was really shocked, that really tells me alot about the DNR.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Just like the MN moose hunt we were told to drop off samples to the tech at the registration stations, no tech but one guy from fisheries was there and he made it clear he had nothing to do with wildlife and literally ran from the store.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Dave-did you get the pontoons mounted on the fish house yet?

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
Page 276 of 1,842 1 2 274 275 276 277 278 1841 1842

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

523 members (1234, 1lesfox, 17CalFan, 007FJ, 01Foreman400, 160user, 57 invisible), 2,411 guests, and 1,233 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,378
Posts18,488,532
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.