Hop To
Page 22 of 24 1 2 20 21 22 23 24
T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Notropis
Hawkeye, your Bible is different from mine. I quoted out of my RSV. "Like unto him" is not in that passage.
Get yourself a better Bible. laugh

[Linked Image from images7.memedroid.com]
GB1

N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
So now the different versions of the Bible mean different things. That just shows that the Divine Finger is not on every word. It shows that you can not take every word literally. Do you really want to go there? Which is the one true version that s the absolute perfect version? If different versions give different messages, can you trust any of them? You are opening up a big can of worms if you say one version is better than another. I suppose you will probably say the KJV is the ultimate source for all things Biblical. I just looked at the online KJV (mine is at my other home) and found no "like unto him" in it either. The KJV and RSV both say the same thing. Perhaps you are the one in need of a better Bible.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
tropis,

New American Standard Bible reads "suitable for him" and the New King James Verssion shows "comparable to him".

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
That fits. None of the animals God made after making man for the purpose of not making man be alone were found to be suitable for him or comparable to him, so God had to make woman. That fits very well. Thanks.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T

If the boundary between life and nonlife does not mystify you then tell all us scientists where it is...The longer you dialogue the more evident you make it that you do not understand science.

OK for argument's sake, let's suppose you are the resident scientist (as you allude to) and I am the one needs educated (as you say). Give myself and the rest of us the opportunity to learn from you, because I and others may be able to benefit from your expertise.

So let's have a bit of a format:

1. Give us your credentials first so we know your level of learning
2. Explain to us the difference between life and matter as you understand it. However for sake of focus lets narrow it down to what constitutes human life in distinction from matter.
3. Explain to us how the evolutionary process could have caused matter to produce human life.

IC B2

N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
Thunder, I am not the one bothered by an exact boundary between life and nonlife. I am not the one basing my argument on the inability of science to "prove" how "life" started. I am the one saying that the boundary is fuzzy and, therefore, should not be the basis for your argument. You are the one who has to come up with a universally acceptable definition, not me. I don't think there is one, but you seem to think there is.

What are your credentials? How many degrees do you have that concentrated on evolutionary theory or even Biology?

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
The boundary between matter and human life has never been fuzzy except in a foggy mind. Scientists recognize this obvious distinction when analyzing data as well as 4 year old children. Your initial request for a definition was deliberately ignorant which is why I chose not to humor you.

You have provided the information I suspected--lack of real credentials from the one who claimed expertise and no answers to the real question.

Evolutionists are often smug and arrogant in their position, rather than engaging the most important question and providing real evidence. Macro-evolution will never be anything more than a foolish theory unless there is real evidence to demonstrate the spontaneous generation of life from matter.

A person does need to have much understanding of anything scientific to know how illogical are the tenets of macro-evolution. And of course this inherent achilles heel has been demonstrated time and again in debates between evolutionary and creation scientists.

T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
So now the different versions of the Bible mean different things. That just shows that the Divine Finger is not on every word.
Of course all translations aren't equal. Is that a surprise to you? Did you think the Jehovah's Witness Bible was as good a catalyst of the word of God as, say, the King James Bible? laugh

T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
That fits. None of the animals God made after making man for the purpose of not making man be alone were found to be suitable for him or comparable to him, so God had to make woman. That fits very well. Thanks.
Poor God didn't know that the various and sundry beasts wouldn't be a fit helper for Adam. He had to actually wait and see. laugh Notropis, you apparently wish to twist the words to mean contradiction. If that's what you're about, go for it.

N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
So, you don't have a good definition for the boundary between life and nonlife. I see you threw HUMAN life in the mix. I thought you just wanted to know how LIFE started. If the distinction is not fuzzy, then please tell the world what the hard and fast line is that separates all life from all nonlife. Without that line, your argument is without merit. The ball is in your court. Define the boundary. A true fuzzy mind sees things that do not exist and mocks people who see the situation more clearly.

What are your credentials and experiences with Biology. BS? MS? PhD?

We smug scientists have a hard time giving precise answers to questions that are very imprecise and asked by people who can not even define the terms used in the questions. It is very foolish to claim some tenets are illogical if you don't even understand what those tenets really are.

IC B3

N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
Hawkeye, How are the words I quoted out of MY Bible twisted? Show me precisely where the words I quoted from MY Bible, not yours, do not mean what they say.

edit: God changed his mind several times in Scripture. How many times do you read about God "hardening his heart" towards people.

Last edited by Notropis; 11/27/09.
T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
Hawkeye, How are the words I quoted out of MY Bible twisted? Show me precisely where the words I quoted from MY Bible, not yours, do not mean what they say.
I gave you at least three very definite reasons your reading of the verses in question was clearly in error. Go back and read my multiple posts on this question. That means you're twisting the meaning in three distinct ways. That's a lot of twisting. But keep it up, if that's your thing.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I see we are up to 44 pages. I wonder if this is going to set a record. I'm betting 100 pages. smile

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
You gave me reasons based on your Bible's words, not my Bible. Go back and look at the quotes from MY Bible and tell me where the MOTIVE and CHRONOLOGY are in error. Such words as "SO" and "THEN" make it very clear that your analysis that the animals were made before man is in error in MY Bible. It also very clearly states that there were no plants before man. Read it carefully with an open mind. I don't need to twist the meanings of words to try to make it say what it does not say. I don't have a copy of the Bible you have so can not comment on the version your Bible has. Quote directly from your Bible and I will look at it

D
Dew Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
I posted on another thread that I was going to bed. That was at 6:55 pm this date. I just took a quick look at other post and found this one and started to read page 1. I AM NOW GOING TO BED as it is now 11:10 PM. Can't believe it took me this long to go through 44 pages of posts on this matter. I am worn smooth out and so confused I don't remember who is for and who is against what.

Love,
Dew

Looking for a new GPS for 2010?
Try the Bible.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Sitka deer
slasher
Please tell me what Institution of Higher Learning you are referring to... I am curious.

As to the length of DNA: http://omega.albany.edu:8008/calc3/vector-functions-dir/dna-solution-m2h.html

"i.e. about 2 meters long!"
--------------------------------------

"Somebody studied a coli in a petri dish."

Is this the way you wanted to write that?

"...but you have been known to fly off the handle."

Up yours, Buddy!!!!!!!!!!!

wink
art

Uncle Sam (throat slasher), Auburn, Cornell, and back to Auburn.

I bet you're a google speed typist and would have been the first to volunteer for the SS death squads to shoot and hang Jews. You were the cretan who absolutely knew my daughter had died and continued with your vicious, apathetic sarcasm.

"...there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth." Talk to yourself.

You're on ignore with some other [bleep] here.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by derby_dude
I see we are up to 44 pages. I wonder if this is going to set a record. I'm betting 100 pages. smile

derby,

The Atacama Desert is the place in South America. I've seen the dinosaurs in drawings, pottery, reliefs, tapestries, etc. One had a man sitting on the beast. You can see gigantic drawings of them on the landscape from planes.

The particular beast appears to be about 20 to 25 feet long. Obviously, it's a herbivore. It looks somewhat like a corythosaurus type. It's vertically banded.

You can google it. As the driest place on earth, relics are preserved as are bodies. I don't recall anyone finding the dinosaur's bones.

W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
Originally Posted by walkingman
The only person that says matter evolves into life is you and your creationist buddies.

No. Atheists believe matter evolves into life. This is abiogenesis.

A Young Earth Creationist believes life was miraculously formed in a short period.

An ID proponent is a person who believes the fossil record and in an old earth. They also believe there is insufficient evidence to believe natural selection could have produced what we see. They also believe design can be detected in life. (This is where I stand)

A theistic evolutionist is a theist who believes in a completely materialistic process for the formation of life, but believes in God's existence.

So where's that leave a Deist especially a Pagan Deist?

I believe science when science says the earth is old.

I believe in a intelligent life force, you know may the Force be with you. I believe this intelligent life force created/designed the ingredients/laws necessary for the universe to come into existence as well as life.

Once you believe in an intelligent creator you have to ask yourself what is the evidence for the character and personality of that intelligence. I believe the best evidence for His true character is found in the Bible of Christianity. The special revelation of Christ being central to the revelation of His character.

If you truly, truly believe in a supernatural world (I do). Then getting the answers right is of eternal importance. You have to look at all the evidences.

I believe in evolution, natural selection.

From a scientific standpoint this sounds like a theistic evolutionist position.

T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
You gave me reasons based on your Bible's words, not my Bible. Go back and look at the quotes from MY Bible and tell me where the MOTIVE and CHRONOLOGY are in error. Such words as "SO" and "THEN" make it very clear that your analysis that the animals were made before man is in error in MY Bible. It also very clearly states that there were no plants before man. Read it carefully with an open mind. I don't need to twist the meanings of words to try to make it say what it does not say. I don't have a copy of the Bible you have so can not comment on the version your Bible has. Quote directly from your Bible and I will look at it
The points I made to you all still hold up with your translation. Anyone with good will can read the first two chapters of Genesis without choosing to interpret what at first glance may seem a slight ambiguity as contradiction. Plenty of clues are available to interpret it correctly, and without contradiction. I've already laid it out for you. I will not retype what I've already typed.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
The only person that says matter evolves into life is you and your creationist buddies.

No. Atheists believe matter evolves into life. This is abiogenesis.

A Young Earth Creationist believes life was miraculously formed in a short period.

An ID proponent is a person who believes the fossil record and in an old earth. They also believe there is insufficient evidence to believe natural selection could have produced what we see. They also believe design can be detected in life. (This is where I stand)

A theistic evolutionist is a theist who believes in a completely materialistic process for the formation of life, but believes in God's existence.

So where's that leave a Deist especially a Pagan Deist?

I believe science when science says the earth is old.

I believe in a intelligent life force, you know may the Force be with you. I believe this intelligent life force created/designed the ingredients/laws necessary for the universe to come into existence as well as life.

Once you believe in an intelligent creator you have to ask yourself what is the evidence for the character and personality of that intelligence. I believe the best evidence for His true character is found in the Bible of Christianity. The special revelation of Christ being central to the revelation of His character.

If you truly, truly believe in a supernatural world (I do). Then getting the answers right is of eternal importance. You have to look at all the evidences.

I believe in evolution, natural selection.

From a scientific standpoint this sounds like a theistic evolutionist position.

No offense intended but I'm a Deist. The Bible is a great book of mythology and nothing more. The revealed word of God, so to speak to a Deist, is in nature and science.

I'll concede an emotional Pagan bent to my Deism much the same way that many Deists concede a Christian bent.

I would probably call it a deistic evolutionist position but whatever.

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

Page 22 of 24 1 2 20 21 22 23 24

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

571 members (12344mag, 16penny, 007FJ, 02bfishn, 1minute, 1moredeer, 62 invisible), 2,497 guests, and 1,307 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,440
Posts18,470,863
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.