Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 279 of 1,842 1 2 277 278 279 280 281 1841 1842
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
I won't be able to come up for a while, but I'd like to. It would be nice to hunt where there is some snow for once.

I'll have to get a muzzle loader of my own. I haven't done hunted with one for a few years, but i need to.

Camp is where you make it.
GB1

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
i almost think i would like to get into that. none of the guys in my hunting party hunt with them. I was offered to go on a hunt down in perham this year, a guy said he's got way to many deer down there and wants some taken. sounded like a good deal, the wife didn't think so though.

It is a silly fish that is caught twice with the same bait!
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Hey BP, Perham is my neck of the woods. If you come this way let me know and maybe dad and I could meet up with you for a beer.

I am out of order until further notice. My "stupid people" filter needs cleaning and my "give a damn" batteries have run out.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Watch out for the mud holes, and jumping fire wood if you do that. grin

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I like beers!!! i think that would be a blast! What a Barrel O" Fun that would be huh? we dang near had a whole tree jump out behind us the other night at chickenbuck. Need a bigger turnaround at the gate for those dark nights...and we were early too. I think we just missed dave out there

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Yeah there is something about the trees and firewood out at Chickenbuck. You really have to watch out for them. Oh and the mud holes too.

I am out of order until further notice. My "stupid people" filter needs cleaning and my "give a damn" batteries have run out.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Muzzle loader hunting is much fun.I hunt a lot during regular gun season with one.I started using a muzzle loader in 1979.
My present one is a T/C New Englander in .54.

Stan in SC

The more I listen,the more I hear....and vice versa.

45/70,it's almost a religion.

If you have to take a second shot then you probably shouldn't have taken the first shot.
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Hey chicken buckaroos, it's snowing.

this will make for some good smoke pole hunting this weekend!!

Something clever here.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Snowing out good too!! getting slippery! going to make those deer move now.

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
I got a loaner smoke pole for runswithscissors to use so I guess we better get him a license tonight.

Something clever here.

IC B3

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
We're supposed to get some snow this week. I borrowed a muzzy loader from a guy here at work, so I'm going to give it a go in a small wood lot near home.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Glad to hear it is snowing, hopefully they will be moving around more. At least you will be able to track them better. Tell RWS I hope he gets one. Good luck to you both.

Good luck to all you muzzeloader hunters.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
dave if you need another one you can borrow mine, shoots well and it doesn't look like I'll make it muzzleloader this year frown
folks are coming up this weekend, and next weekend is right before finals. I could run it up though if you needed it.
Muffy, you're welcome to take it too and head up, I'll be in lake park weds afternoon til sunday, I can bring it with me

Beware of any old man in a profession where one usually dies young.

Calm seas don't make sailors.
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
We be back!

Happy belated birthday Weezy!

Pam, congratulations on your buck and to everyone else that got a deer this year.

Went into this years deer season with low expectations based on last years results. Our group of 5 actually saw more deer this year than last. We had a total of 38 sightings. We saw 7 bucks on opening morning. Six spikes and one forked horn that ran by me in full afterburner. I wasn't able to get a shot off at it.

One of the guys did shoot one of the spikes. We all passed on does hoping it would help rebuild the herd.

Weather was way to warm. Several days in the low 50's and many in the mid 40's. All I had with me was cold weather gear as it was late November in Northern WI. Finally cooled down last weekend and we picked up an inch of snow.

Wolves were active and the bears were out roaming around. We found a lot of their tracks after it snowed.

From all the reports we heard the deer kill is down from 25 to 30% from last year. The state is talking about a 16 day season for next year.

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except for bears. Bears kill you.
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
we must have 3 to 4" of snow on the ground right now 7 it's still falling.

Welcome back Bill!!

Something clever here.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Where the heck was that 4 weeks ago? crazy

Get that camp ready...I'll be there in 48 weeks. smile Probably sooner, but the 2010 season is upon us.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I'm glad to hear you have some snow up there. We only have a dusting of it here from a week ago. It should make hunting better this weekend for you all. Who is going to be there this weekend.

Dad and I were talking about coming back up and working on the birch and putting more wood on the walls. When we figure out when we will let you know.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
No snow in bemidji, still waiting...

W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
Happy BDay Weezy!!! Way Cool Ride ya got there from Mom and Dad too!!!!! Dave and Pam as parents you ROCK!!!

As always I'm lurking just unable to post from work and I gotta say Dave on another thread you need MUD Grips.. Not ATerrain but true Maximum Mudders, my tires are called Mud Masters and they DIG in snow Big time...

We had a Great Tday and hope everyone here did too. Finally cooling down some to get the deer moving calling for snow here too. Please send Lots down!!!

My newest creation is an ammo can wood stove from a 30mm can for my winter tent camps. Boy one of those stocked full of wood puts out some heat!

One thing I have been wondering is where is the preacher? Has he managed to catch a flying bear yet? What about a swampsquid?

What about Capt.BangFlop what is The Boy or ummm Da Man been up to? Well thats enough for now I'll be back to check in soon.

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Hey wabber, sup man?

grin

I like the sounds of that ammo can stove!

the boys are great man! runs with scissors will be joining the big boys for muzzle loader hunting this weekend.

that's a big boy gig up here for us, truly a guy thing grin

sep fer if muffy came up... then it would be a guy thing elevated cause we'd all have to try to be as tough as she is grin

the preacher Joe is in fine form. he figures the swamp squid got this deer, I tend to agree.

[Linked Image]

PS, my cat charm continues.

I don't know why the cats tend to find me in the woods... I just deal with it the best I can.

[Linked Image]

Something clever here.

Page 279 of 1,842 1 2 277 278 279 280 281 1841 1842

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

208 members (257 mag, 160user, 1OntarioJim, 257 roberts, 222Sako, 2500HD, 20 invisible), 1,774 guests, and 986 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,372
Posts18,488,347
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.