Print Thread
Hop To
Page 280 of 1,842 1 2 278 279 280 281 282 1841 1842
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Suhweeeeeeeet big Bobcat ND..

Congrats................ whistle

Ingwe

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
GB1

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
I shined it with a spotlight, stalked it, jumped on it & wrung it's neck.

Or maybe that was a jack rabbit... I get my critters mixed up....
grin

Come to think of it this critter was quite toothy & died about 80 yds from me.

grin

Something clever here.

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Now that's a good size cat Dave. According to my SIL there have been cougar sightings near his camp just off of Hyw 8 near Catawba, WI.

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except for bears. Bears kill you.
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
We hear about big cat sightings in our area too, I've never seen one around here but I do believe they are around.

There was a big one hit by a car down in bemidji which is only a couple hours from us.

that's "Bermiji" to the locals.

grin

Something clever here.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by northern_dave

[Linked Image]

Hey nice kitty Dave! Did you call him in, or just see him sneaking through the woods?

Camp is where you make it.
IC B2

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by Grizzly_Bill
Now that's a good size cat Dave. According to my SIL there have been cougar sightings near his camp just off of Hyw 8 near Catawba, WI.

10-4 on the cougar Bill. I heard that from no less than 50 people last week. Every time a guy got out of a truck...."hey ju hear bout dat cat?"

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
he was slinking through.

Something clever here.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
way to go on the cat dave!
we might need to get together and do some calling setups this winter!
I'm already planning a predator hunt in CO/NM over spring break smile

Beware of any old man in a profession where one usually dies young.

Calm seas don't make sailors.
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
We should do something in dec.

I think bobcat closes in Jan?

Something clever here.

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
there's lots of coyotes around too though.

Something clever here.

IC B3

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
I'd like to get into that vermit stuff. We have lots of coyotes around here. Cats too, but it takes an act of God, and 5 years of application to get a permit for ONE. Friggin' WI DNR.

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
We have a lot of bobcats.

And they eat my timber chickens. grin

Actually they eat rabbits mostly.

A rabbit bit the dust right behind the cabin this fall on the trail. Rabbit fur everywhere, probably a bobcat got him.

I've heard rabbits squeeling when I've been hunting out there too, could be hawks, owls, coyote, bobcat.. dang, rabbits have it rough!!

Something clever here.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
That rabbit on the trail....the one I thougt was a grouse fur. grin Pretty sure a swamp squid nailed that sucker. Way to much hair spread around for a bobcat.

As much as I know they eat the timber chickens, I'd like to get a cat mounted, swatting or carrying a grouse.

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
yeah that would be cool.

or maybe one like this...

[Linked Image]

Something clever here.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
BANG!!!!!! the fur really flies off the smaller varieties

Beware of any old man in a profession where one usually dies young.

Calm seas don't make sailors.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Dave I still have not recieved an email on the design for the Chickenbuck hats yet. I will go in there today to find out what is taking so long. mad

I will also find out prices on the other items.

I am out of order until further notice. My "stupid people" filter needs cleaning and my "give a damn" batteries have run out.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
.264WM that sucker.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Speaking of cats...last year during muzzle loader season near my home town in west Georgia a guy hunting on a management area shot and killed a cougar.There were pictures of him with it.The Department of Natural Resources and U.S. Fish and Wildlife did all kind of tests on it and the official story was that it was either a Florida one a long way from home or an unregistered(illegal)one that had either escaped or had been set free.
There was all kinds of hullabaloo over it with some people saying he should have let it walk and others siding with his having shot it.I never heard the final outcome but it seems the authorities were debating over filing charges against him.
If I had been sitting up in a tree and a cougar walked under me I would have shot it also.I'll try to find the post on that forum and put it in here.
O>K> here's the thread.There's a picture down a couple of posts.
http://forum.gon.com/showthread.php?t=265172&highlight=cougar+killed+georgia
In most all of the Southern states there have been undocumented sightings of both black panthers and cougars.The DNR in each state denies the existence.

Stan in SC

Last edited by Stan_in_SC; 12/02/09.

The more I listen,the more I hear....and vice versa.

45/70,it's almost a religion.

If you have to take a second shot then you probably shouldn't have taken the first shot.
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Alright, it has been a busy few weeks and I havent had a chance to post my brother's buck and story. Without further adeiu....

Brian hunted hard all season, dawn to dark on more than one day. He passed on half a dozen small bucks hoping for a shot at a nice one. We saw a dandy in the lights of the four wheelers one morning by our stands and I think that gave him hope.

the last day of the season and we arranged for a little drive. i had him go sit on the point of a 50 acre woods and Dad and I went to walk a willow lined creek that holds deer usually....but I have never seen a big buck there. We get into some cattails while walking and deer explode out everywhere...but no buck. Then another deer takes off. Another doe. We decide someone had to go into the knee deep water and see if there is anything else in there. So in I go. Another deer busts out.....but it too is a doe. I am now wet up to my knees and my waterproof boots are holding the water IN. Dad and I continue along and about 400 yards from Brian, a doe and a buck break out of the willows. A big buck. I hotfoot it out of the willows and I could have shot him at 80 yards, but it was in the general direction of where Brian was sitting, so I let it go. OH NO, it is turning the wrong way! I take off across the CRP yelling at the deer to turn back toward Brian. I like to say that I outran the buck with my waterlogged boots, but Dad seems to think it was the yelling that turned him. The buck runs over a small rise out of site, heading for Brian. Then silence (well, if you disregard the wheezing and huffing I am making anyway). About the time I am convinced it didnt work. THA-WUMPF.....THA-WUMPF. The buck ran right down the fenceline that Brian was sitting on. His first shot was about 12 yards coming pretty much right at him. The second was at 7 yards. Two great shots and the deer went 20 more yards. 18 inch inside spread, 9 points and one pretty excited 14-year old boy!

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

What you do today is important, you are trading a day in the rest of your life for it.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Great buck! Congrats to the lad.

Page 280 of 1,842 1 2 278 279 280 281 282 1841 1842

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

526 members (219DW, 1234, 10Glocks, 219 Wasp, 21, 1minute, 53 invisible), 2,423 guests, and 1,212 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,432
Posts18,489,353
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.