Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
L
Loggah Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
L
Hey mike you realize how much booze we would have to drink at a savagefest to get to the bottom of this?????? grin grin Don

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
True... But I still say that if GB allows sellers to list items for "auction", with the stipulation that they can end the auction at any time, "sold in store", etc., then where could a buyer be wrong for making an offer? Again Don, please remember that how I personally feel about this, and the reality of what GB allows are 2 different things here.

Mike...

All said, the Savage 99 is a genius of a rifle. Although no longer produced, it remains highly revered, as it was the foundation from which Arthur Savage built one of America's great gun companies. >> (Jon Y. Wolfe) <<
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I gotta say Don that I am actually having a good time with this tonight...!!! 2 vicodins and a six pack can make for some fun conversation...!!!

smile smile smile

Mike...

All said, the Savage 99 is a genius of a rifle. Although no longer produced, it remains highly revered, as it was the foundation from which Arthur Savage built one of America's great gun companies. >> (Jon Y. Wolfe) <<
L
Loggah Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
L
Mike, like i say just cause you can don't mean you should. i think everyone here knows where we stand.if sellers want to do that they might as well be on gunsamerica,gunsinternational and just sell them. Don

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
I'm not surprised at all to see a good level of passion about wood and metal. Personally, it's a good deal more than wood and metal. It's been a very focused hobby dating back to when I was a small boy. I really didn't know it was possible to end an auction early (after the reserve was met). I thought on a no reserve auction you couldn't end it if there was a bid and on a reserve auction, you couldn't end it once it met reserve. Of course this is not the first time I've been wrong, so no huge surprise. I think at the other end from the guys asking for the auction to end early are the last second snipers. And I've been both so I'm not throwing any rocks here. I recall buying a Burgess shotgun a while back where I convinced the seller to end the auction early. There were no bids and he was really confused. He had received 7 or 8 strong inquiries on the gun and it sounded like many guys were really interested. But the auction ran several days and no bids. He was getting really frustrated. I KNEW that those guys were really interested and they all were lurking in the weeds and planned to jump in during the final seconds. I felt no remorse toward them. The seller probably would have received a good amount more had he run the auction to conclusion (this was a two barrel set, solid ribbed Burgess shotgun - Gene might remember it). By the way, I'm not getting a whole lot of forum traffic on my Ross website yet so I am very envious of this thread wink

IC B2

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Be glad you didn't get it don, odds are you'd a got some suprise you wouldn't like. It's not the way it is looking in person talking to your seller and buying good stuff right. Now, I think
selling stiths for big $$ is wise.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
All right fellas. Gotta get up at 3:30 in the morning. Time to crash...

... To be continued smile smile smile

Mike...!!!

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Mike,Your 100% right about GB.They should let auction's run their course.Put a bid in once and poooof,the auction disappeared!

L
Loggah Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
L
Lauren,i'm kinda glad i collect winchesters and marlins also, these SAVAGE guys really play cutthroat!! grin Don

L
Loggah Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
L
Steve, i have only seen a couple Ross rifles in my life, i guess now i'll have to buy one so i can visit. Don

IC B3

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by Loggah
Lauren,i'm kinda glad i collect winchesters and marlins also, these SAVAGE guys really play cutthroat!! grin Don

Don: "THE SWING IS TO SAVAGE" !

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by Loggah
Steve, i have only seen a couple Ross rifles in my life, i guess now i'll have to buy one so i can visit. Don

Don - ownership of a Ross rifle is not required to join the site. Maybe it is time to for you to add a new focus? Not near the competition out there for Ross rifles. Of course, there's not a lot of these rifles (original ones anyway) out there.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
steve, I would hang out on your site but I would feel like a "poser" since I don't own a Ross... you could send me one of yours and I promise I would hang out on your site!!!!

Andrew
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by lovemy99
steve, I would hang out on your site but I would feel like a "poser" since I don't own a Ross... you could send me one of yours and I promise I would hang out on your site!!!!

Drew - again, no ownership of Ross rifles required. Actually, just being upset about something firearms related would be enough to qualify for forum participation!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
That was all very interesting reading.

Somebody once told me that in a knife fight...there are no rules...only winners and losers.

I'd also say this, I would never lose a friend or make an enemy over a gun...any gun.

Randy

"You cannot invade mainland America. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass"
~Admiral Yamamoto~

When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty. ~Thomas Jefferson~
W
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
W
Originally Posted by rgr223cal
Fare shake... True... But GB rules allow this, so it really is not unfair. It sucks, but it is not unfair.

Mike...

It is the sellers choice to do so and it there choice on there money received, weather it's more or less. And not the fault of a buyer. A buyer can ask or request,but that does not mean the seller will or will not.
See gun broker selling options.
Sam

"From gunbroker" this is there rule and copied directly from there sellers page.

Ending an Auction Early

You can end an auction for your firearm, ammunition, knife, or gun accessory at any time; however, you must sell the item to the winning bidder if the Reserve Price was met. There is no way to �withdraw� an item after it has a winning bidder. Keep in mind that many bidders wait until the last minute to place a bid, ending an auction early may reduce the amount you will receive for the item.

You can end an auction early in two ways:

* Go to the Selling section of My GunBroker, and select End Auction Early from the Actions popup list.

My GunBroker Items I'm Selling

* Use the End an Auction Early function located on the Tools for Sellers page.

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Rick99, RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

584 members (10gaugeman, 12344mag, 10Glocks, 10ring1, 10gaugemag, 007FJ, 55 invisible), 2,586 guests, and 1,306 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,295
Posts18,525,777
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.