Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
Originally Posted by peepsight3006
Hey, baby talker, GFY, which is pronounced jiffy, but the meaning ought to be clear. smile

Wayne

Shouldn't you have typed out "Mule Deer" in proper adult form in this post?

Originally Posted by peepsight3006

Yes, I concede that for some unique hit, in the wrong place, the 100 fps or so makes a difference between a trophy 4 point Mulie and a long fruitless search, but I long ago gave up that shot to howitzers and the zillion power, auto-focusing, auto-ranging comensation scopes, and the crowd that spends 1/2 a day getting ready to go hunting.

Ironic ain't it...........

[Linked Image]
GB1

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by rifle
I knew this was going to be funny...LMAO

Yep, got my popcorn ready to go!!!

But really isn't this topic about as useful as a bunch of old men arguing which method is best for cutting the grass in their yard. smile

At first you think they could find better use of their time, then remember they have nothing but time on their hands!!!

Sorry for the concession break...........Carry On!!!!

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Originally Posted by wildswalker
Originally Posted by Gene L
Do you use these effinimate words yourself?

Why do you even care?

Wish all I had to worry about was how someone else on the world wide web used a different word than what I thought was proper.

Guess I could not like your name Gene, sounds kinda girly, to me really....

I "prolly" won't start a thread bitchin' about it tho'.........

Sorry I changed probably to prolly, and left the "g" off of bitching.

Tho' means "though", BTW.

BTW means "by the way".

People with nothing better to do, do crack me up.......

Chevy is a registered trade mark of GM, which is a registered trade mark of the U.S. Government Motors.

BTW doesn't sound gay like shottie or remmie. They're kinda baby talk, but also kinda swishy.

Last edited by Gene L; 12/03/09.

Not many problems you can't fix
With a 1911 and a 30-06

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by Sig220

But really isn't this topic about as useful as a bunch of old men arguing which method is best for cutting the grass in their yard. smile

At first you think they could find better use of their time, then remember they have nothing but time on their hands!!!

You forget that at the end of mowing the lawn, the lawn looks better. More than can be said here.

I saw a movie where only the military and the police had guns. It was called Schindler's List.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by Bulletbutt

You forget that at the end of mowing the lawn, the lawn looks better. More than can be said here.

Yep, you are correct, I just like the grass cut where those guys want to debate alternating directional cutting. smile

I don't care if I cut circular, clockwise, counter clockwise, East-West or North-South.....just want it cut!!!

I don't think this thread makes anybody look better and don't think it will change anybody's typing habits, either!!

Last edited by Sig220; 12/03/09.
IC B2

I
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I
Originally Posted by wildswalker
Do you use these effinimate words yourself?

Why do you even care?

Wish all I had to worry about was how someone else on the world wide web used a different word than what I thought was proper.

Guess I could not like your name Gene, sounds kinda girly, to me really....

I "prolly" won't start a thread bitchin' about it tho'.........

Sorry I changed probably to prolly, and left the "g" off of bitching.

Tho' means "though", BTW.

BTW means "by the way".

People with nothing better to do, do crack me up.......

Chevy is a registered trade mark of GM, which is a registered trade mark of the U.S. Government Motors.

BTW doesn't sound gay like shottie or remmie. They're kinda baby talk, but also kinda swishy.

Chevy is actually a registered trademark of Chevrolet!
Chevrolet is a trademark of....never mind...grins

For those that do not know
U.S.is United States
BTW is by the way.
Swishy???? Aint got a [bleep] clue....

Originally Posted By: '61'10
When I first saw the news I thought it said Obama.. Had to look three times before I realized it said Osama..

Either way I still got excited!
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Originally Posted by Bulletbutt

Yep, you are correct, I just like the grass cut where those guys want to debate alternating directional cutting. smile

I don't care if I cut circular, clockwise, counter clockwise, East-West or North-South.....just want it cut!!!

I don't think this thread makes anybody look better and don't think it will change anybody's typing habits, either!!

If you care how people look, consider that cute names for guns make people look, well..."cute."

Why all this opposition to taking about something that means little? If you don't want to participate, don't. No one is making you post.

With a 1911 and a 30-06

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
In some parts of our great country (i'm originally from Soprano Land), it is very common to give people and things nicknames. In this new era we must learn to embrace our differences, as well as our commonalities. After all, it is our diversity that has had made us a great nation. It may be that same diversity that will be our undoing if we squabble over such menial issues raised in this thread.

Now if you will all turn east, and join me in a moment of silent meditation/contemplation for the future of this Union. shocked

Boys - we got bigger fish to fry than this!!

Last edited by Kemosabe; 12/03/09.

"Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants - it is the creed of slaves" William Pitt
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Posted by Gene L: "If you care how people look, consider that cute names for guns make people look, well..."cute."

Why all this opposition to taking about something that means little? If you don't want to participate, don't. No one is making you post. "

I don't care how people look, don't care what they call their guns or their teddy bears. I bet you worry about which direction you cut your grass, too!!! And quite twisting my arm about posting. smile

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
I am sure that we all have our pet peeves. (Never have been able to find bags of "peeve food" at the store, however.) The one that I absolutely can't stand is acting like transmissions are cross-dressers.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
IC B3

M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
This thread is worse than the thread talking about who has rights to whatever item was posted in the forums.

I am probably one of the younger people here, at 21 years old, but good lord guys. If someone wants to call a Leupold scope a Luppy or a Luepy, or whatever the heck they want to call it, isn't it his or her own right to do so?

I also find it quite amusing that a bunch of second amendment loving gun nuts here have almost completely overlooked the first amendment it seems. Isn't it, along with the right to bear arms, our right to be able to say what we want to say? If it is not, then maybe it is not also our right to own weapons of any kind. How would you feel about that?

This thread needs to be closed. This is the darn Classifieds guys. If you are going to sell Grammar/Punctuation/Spelling lessons then offer it as a service, but if not, why not keep your problems to your self? Or go vent about it on Craigslist, then we can laugh about it on 4chan.

Good day to you all.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Interesting point. I always thought that the first amendment dealt with the right to express an opinion, such as has been done here, or to present facts. I was not aware that it protected the right to spell things incorrectly or to converse in baby-talk. (Of course, either of those is legal under the convention of whatever is not explicitly prohibited is allowed.)

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
It's strange to me that those who complain the loudest about closing this thread continue to post on it, thus ensuring its longivity.

It's not a spelling issue, BTW. And it's certainly not a "right to do so" issue, for goodness sake. Less than that is a First Ammendment issue. But I'll bet those who think it's not inappropriate to call a Winchester a "Winnie" or a shotgun a "shottie" are those with a Remmie or maybe a Brownie in their gun roomies.

Last edited by Gene L; 12/03/09.

With a 1911 and a 30-06

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I guess it boils down to small minds being concerned with small matters.
It might be also a compulsion to control others.
Either was, it tells us something

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Item is sold, time to move on boys........

That's ok, I'll ass shoot a dink.

Steelhead

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Originally Posted by Tracks
I guess it boils down to small minds being concerned with small matters.
It might be also a compulsion to control others.
Either was, it tells us something

Control others? Nope. It's kinda like surprising your friend who you catch putting on eyeliner and rouge. You should feel compelled to say something like, "Hey, bubba. Are you SURE you want to do this?"

With a 1911 and a 30-06

Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by Hubert
It is done by amatures trying to sound like pros, ...

Actually, it is done by armatures trying to electrify the forum.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by Hammer47
Originally Posted by sasquatch
What's with all the baby-talk when buying/selling firearms, and firearms-related items?

Remmie (Remington), Winny or Winnie (Winchester), Leupy (Leupold), and shottie (shotgun) all seem totally out-of-place on an adult forum.

Or is it just me?

Same thought occurred to me. Only thing I can think of is that these 12 year olds are spending unsupervised time on the net and unfortunately they landed here. Go figure.

Edit for bad taste.... grin

Last edited by Middlefork_Miner; 12/03/09.
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
[quote=Gene

It's more like calling a garage mechanic or a bartender sweetie, honey, or baby. Just sounds gay. [/quote]

Calling your mechanic sweetie, honey or baby is just wrong. I'm sure glad i'm not your mechanic or you just might find a wrench where you don't need one.

Hunt smart, hunt safe
T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
I just wanna say:

GOO GOO GAA GAA.......

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

500 members (06hunter59, 16penny, 16gage, 160user, 10gaugeman, 1beaver_shooter, 55 invisible), 2,715 guests, and 1,281 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,624
Posts18,492,818
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.