Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by 257Deland
Taxing all money spent just seems to make a lot more sense than taxing our earnings.

So, poor folks would pay the highest percentage in taxes because they have to spend everything they make. Meanwhile rich folk like Tiger Woods pay almost nothing as a percentage of income since he can't come close to spending it all. Hmmm, I don't think so.

Save an elk, shoot a cow.

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Stop growing the Govt. Bill O is becoming more and more powerful in his own mind. Although my opinion is not well founded my instinct leads me to believe that Bill is moving ever so slowly to the left. Ken

�Nothing is so permanent as a temporary government program." -- Milton Friedman
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Ever since Obama got elected, he's been singing a different tune. I think he thinks Obama will censor the networks and Bill wants to be on his good side. He spends a lot of time defending the traitor in chief when he's not bragging about his ratings.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by BrentD
Taxing all money spent just seems to make a lot more sense than taxing our earnings.

So, poor folks would pay the highest percentage in taxes because they have to spend everything they make. Meanwhile rich folk like Tiger Woods pay almost nothing as a percentage of income since he can't come close to spending it all. Hmmm, I don't think so.
We agree on that. Seems obvious, doesn't it.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
more taxes is not the solution to anything.

Lower government spending is the answer.....drop the dept. of energy for a start!

The fed needs to cut spending 50% and there's no doubt that it can be done......all we need is to do it!

Last edited by vapodog; 12/03/09.
IC B2

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
there's no dpubt that it can be done.....
Not with the usual suspects in place.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
How about the government starts spending LESS of OUR money. Oops, silly concept...lost my head for a second there.

Can't stand that self-important shallow blowhard O'Reilly anyway.

Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by RickyD

The only thing that is obvious is that you two are clueless. Punishing success is idiotic. It is as Un-American as communism...Wait...Y'all like that,along with an ass-load of American voters...
Sad...

----------------------------------------
I'm a big fan of the courtesy flush.
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by vapodog

The fed needs to cut spending 50% and there's no doubt that it can be done......all we need is to do it!

No... Cut it by two thirds...

----------------------------------------
I'm a big fan of the courtesy flush.
byc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Yup!

Proud to be a true Sandlapper!!

Go Nats!!!!

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

You agree with me, or BrentD?

The rich would still pay more taxes than anyone. When's the last time you bought a million dollar home, or hundred thousand dollar 100,000 car? The more you have, the more you spend. Just think about how much money the government would collect from foreigners and drug dealers alone. Corporations from all over the globe would be fighting for a place to relocate their businesses to the United States. No corporate taxes; just think about how many jobs that would create. Too many people sittin around this country with their heads buried in the sand.

Retired and Loving It!!
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Shot my TV over 2 years ago,.......

reading this gives me a quick perspicacity verifier on that play.

[bleep] O Reilly, and alla' his IVORY TOWERS ilk.

GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by BrotherBart

The only thing that is obvious is that you two are clueless. Punishing success is idiotic. It is as Un-American as communism...Wait...Y'all like that,along with an ass-load of American voters...
Sad...

You are correct sir.

Success is what made our country what it is, or was!

Retired and Loving It!!
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Tax the poor at a higher rate. Why, cuzz [bleep] the meek.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
byc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by crossfireoops
Shot my TV over 2 years ago,.......

GTC

I am so tempted. After this years football season I might just do so. What caliber would you suggest sir? Long gun or pistola?

Proud to be a true Sandlapper!!

Go Nats!!!!

I
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I
Originally Posted by NathanL
Originally Posted by djs
Except, we have to pay down the debt somehow.

How about we spend less and keep taxes the same or less.

If you give congress more money you know what they do? For every dollar more they take in they spend another $1.25

You've got that right!

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
I don't watch any news, talk shows etc. If it's not football or something cool on the History/Discovery channel I don't watch it.

Got enough folks on here that don't know what the hell they are talking about, but I don't have to listen to them, why listen to like folks on the tube?

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by Steelhead
Got enough folks on here that don't know what the hell they are talking about, but I don't have to listen to them, why listen to like folks on the tube?

and thus you post?

Save an elk, shoot a cow.
NathanL Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
The debt is equal to roughly about $40k for every person in the US.

How much would you have to buy at a 2% sales tax rate to retire the debt.......A LOT.

Otto is my co-pilot.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

if you don't think Tiger's little wife is spending more than the GNP of half the countries in the UN every year....dude, you ain't lookin'.

Proudly representing oil companies, defense contractors, and firearms manufacturers since 1980. Because merchants of death need lawyers, too.
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

609 members (1minute, 160user, 1beaver_shooter, 10Glocks, 10gaugeman, 1lessdog, 62 invisible), 2,267 guests, and 1,284 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,695
Posts18,494,170
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.