-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
i think i can make you one! going to cost for that kind of accuracy though! just send me 3k and i'll call it even! grins

I can't spell... Deal with it...
HR IC

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I hit keys beside,as in gutshot,but I have never missed high.3'4" /

You can hunt longer with wind at your back
T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
Originally Posted by Paul Walukewicz
i think i can make you one! going to cost for that kind of accuracy though! just send me 3k and i'll call it even! grins
Sorry, I figure I can make one myself a little cheaper...hammer, hack saws.....and such will do. grin

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Tom264
Originally Posted by Paul Walukewicz
Sorry, I figure I can make one myself a little cheaper...hammer, hack saws.....and such will do. grin

To ensure that type of rigorous accuracy one may need some duct tape too!!! smile

George
Associate Gypsy
Order of Sleepless Knights

Originally Posted by GOD
... That is when I carried you ...
T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
Oh yeah forgot that too....how else am I to hold the scope to the rifle.

IC B2

U
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
U
I've only owned a couple of A-Bolts, a Medallion in 300 WM and now a Stainless Stalker in 7mm RM. I only have the 7mm now because I got it for a song at the pawn shop. I have yet to have any problems with either of the aforementioned rifles. They both are accurate and have been extremely reliable.

Most on this site are rifle loonies and know WAY more about firearms and thier function than the average hunter. Bubba only know that when he pulls the trigger on his whizzbangsupermagnum, it goes bang and the deer dies. There are some shortcomings to the A-Bolts such as an overly complicated bolt and trigger as well as questionable bottom metal, but for the average hunter, they function fine. They are generally very accurate out of the box. I have to admit that I get a little annoyed by all the buckmark stickers on every truck in our area.

I still prefer a good Mauser over anything made today but that mostly has to do with nostaglia. A good Mauser has character.

Last edited by UNCCGrad; 12/06/09.

P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
Originally Posted by Sitka deer
What kind of minority entitlements are you looking for now? wink

I figured I was money ahead when I got rid of it.

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Bricktop: I think the point is BUY AMERICAN.
Are YOU able to understand that?
And could you do something about your hair while your at it?
Trim that fro - bro!
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by VarmintGuy
Trim that fro - bro!
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
The point that you can't seem to grasp, is that there's nothing truly MADE IN U.S.A. anymore. PERIOD. Let me know if you need a popup book to understand THAT.

So-called "American" companies either use foreign capital to prop up their operation or rely on foreign-supplied materials.

Touch the 'fro and you gots to go.

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

Originally Posted by safariman
I do tend to fit in well wherever I go in person.

Originally Posted by Fireball2
The campfire is the most outside exposure I get. No TV, no newspaper.
V
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
V
[/quote]The point that you can't seem to grasp, is that there's nothing truly MADE IN U.S.A. anymore. PERIOD. Let me know if you need a popup book to understand THAT.

So-called "American" companies either use foreign capital to prop up their operation or rely on foreign-supplied materials.

Touch the 'fro and you gots to go. [/quote] A popup book? That's just too damn funny!!!! .................547.

IC B3

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by Bricktop
Originally Posted by VarmintGuy
Trim that fro - bro!
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
The point that you can't seem to grasp, is that there's nothing truly MADE IN U.S.A. anymore. PERIOD. Let me know if you need a popup book to understand THAT.

Touch the 'fro and you gots to go.

It's pretty much a global economy these days - the money, the steel or the parts come from somewhere else...whether it's Browning, Kimber, Remington, Winchester, et al there are good stories and bad stories....

It is laughable the few who wet their pants over "Made in ..." wherever a decade, half a century, two centuries ago...today is today...get on with life!!!

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Wonder how many don't eat tacos, you know, the Alamo and all. Or celebrate Thanksgiving with Custer's Last Stand or would turn down a Purdy shotgun, war of 1812 and all....

Me

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Not all Taco's are made in Mexico ... I'm not going to hold it against Native Americans because Custer was stoopid. How do EITHER group profit from either occurance??? Is there a Taco or popcorn royalty?

Your last comparison is valid.

To all .... I don't understand why you choose to bash someone who chooses not to buy a product for any reason. I try to buy American ... its a hard thing to do .... Just like when I do buy American, I try to buy non-union vs. union

That last one oughta get some juices flowin' smile

George
Associate Gypsy
Order of Sleepless Knights

Originally Posted by GOD
... That is when I carried you ...
B
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
B
So back to Browning rifles; hard to beat IMO. No better than a Remington 700, Winchester M70 or Sako 75 but certainly on par.

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf...George Orwell.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
avagadro- I don't care why someone chooses to buy/not buy a product. If they choose not to buy something based on where it's made, or where its maker calls home, that's fine and just as valid a reason as any other. What galls me is the usual hypocrisy that goes along with that stance.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
By reading this and threads in the past, you would swear that the only guns that fail are Brownings. Gunsmiths would be in trouble if this were the case.
I personally have seen more gun failures out of remingtons than brownings.....one example is my Dad and a couple uncles have 742's that seem to jam on about 2 out of 5 shots. My other uncle and his son have BAR's and I have never seen them jam.

My Dad and I own 6 A-bolts or X-Bolts from 270's through 325's and they have never missed a beat except when my Dad tried to stuff his 300 Win Mag shell in my 7mm WSM.

Noone has questioned their accuracy out of box. It seems like if I buy something else such as a remington 700 (which we have multiple of), the first thing that I have to do is take it apart and have mods done in order to catch up to the accuracy of a Browning. They should sell those guns in individual pieces so it is easier to replace parts with aftermarket stuff.

The only performance based negative comment is about hunting around big water. I was on Kodiak Island with my wife viewing some bears and the guide had a 338 with that wasn't a Browning. This thing was completely brown....to the point that I would have been a bit nervous shooting it. I could be and am probably wrong, but i would be surprised that the rough salty environment discriminates and about any blued steel, regardless of origin, would start to corrode.

As far as which country it comes from, I wonder how many on here or their significant others drive a Toyota or other "Jap" car.
This is not an attempt to stoke fires, I have a few buddies that preach and preach this anti-foreign products and foreigners in general, and then you look in their garage and wonder.

Shoot Strait....Penetrate Deep.
W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Remember Pearl Harbor, bitches!

I like to do my hunting BEFORE I pull the trigger!
There is only one kind of dead, but there are many different kinds of wounded.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
whelennut- are Japanese-made Howas different than Japanese-made Brownings? Just curious as it seems you had no problem buying Howas... Link to whelennut's post about owning Howas

Thanks for proving my point so quickly. You hypocrites really should try to remember what you've posted in the past before you go spouting your hate over country of origin.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Have an A-bolt composite stalker in .300 WM good rifle no problems and have used it a good deal. Bought it used. I think they are good but wouldn't pay a premium over other Rem. Win. etc.

Our prejudices are interesting. My dad was WWII veteran he was in the Pacific and had no love for the Japs. Wars leave indelible impressions and ill will can be held and passed down from one generation to the next as an example: We are from the south and cira 1959 my brother 5 or 6 years old then wanted a soldiers uniform for Christmas. He had no idea who was what and picked out the pretty blue uniform of a Union soldier from the Civil War (War of Northern Aggression - sorry Dad) and my dad said no, if you want one it'll have to be grey.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Cacciatore
Having hunted Kodiak Island for over 25 years and spent considerable time there more than once in horrible weather with A-Bolts present I can assure you there is a difference.

If you want to compare A-Bolts to 742s I will give you that one... The A-Bolt is marginally better! wink But only marginally!

With far less time around A-Bolts than other brands/models I have personally seen more total failures with A-Bolts than all other brands combined. And that is not at the "It jammed once" level, but rather at the "Dead in the road" level.

I did question the fact everyone bragging about their A-Bolts can shoot .5 MOA with factory ammo... But I have not had problems with them shooting well.
art

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Page 6 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

582 members (1234, 1936M71, 007FJ, 204guy, 160user, 1lessdog, 55 invisible), 2,420 guests, and 1,162 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,527
Posts18,491,115
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.