Print Thread
Hop To
Page 282 of 1,842 1 2 280 281 282 283 284 1841 1842
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
No Bill, sadly all was silent in the big woods. I was also very disapointed in my trail cam that bangflop & I put out last sat, the trail past the cam was absolutely pounded with deer trafic but the cam was locked up, didn't take a single picture mad

I reset it and it is good to go now but I missed out on a weeks worth of cold tamp battery life on a trail that saw a lot of activity. I just want to get a picture of the buck we've been after, jeesh! Even if we can't get him we'd like to see what he looks like.

I have a couple more pictures here.

The view from one of the stands I occupied over the weekend.

[Linked Image]

here's the eener dog's favorite spot out at the cabin.

[Linked Image]

I took these photos as RWS & I were leaving the woods in the truck yesterday, nice huh?

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Something clever here.

GB1

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
RWS, you got to use the cool one too. I like those flintlocks. Have to pay attention or they'll make you flinch though.

Camp is where you make it.
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
That was actually a percussion cap model he was using. Neat little gun though, 60 gr of actual black powder (GOEX), a patch & a round ball. grin

Something clever here.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by northern_dave

I have a couple more pictures here.

The view from one of the stands I occupied over the weekend.

[Linked Image]

Hey, I know that spot!

That sucks about the trail cam. It's scary that forky knows how to opperate those suckers. He must be part of DPS (deer protection service), where they don't even let you see their idenity...he must be into some serious bad stuff. grin

Last edited by tzone; 12/07/09.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
What a night at chickenbuck. you missed out again tzone! dave's very good HOT elk chili going on, some good stories from RWS and the snow in the forest is awesome. all in all, a great trip!! Thanks again Dave and All!!

It is a silly fish that is caught twice with the same bait!
IC B2

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
You bet! Sure was a fun night! Thanks to you & Les for coming out. It's always a hoot when you guys come out for a visit.

Something clever here.

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Great photos Dave. Love the one of Eener under the wood stove. Reminds me of my late brothers Basset Hound. It would lay under the wood burner all day. Surprised he wasn't roasted.

Need some input on trail cameras. My buddy wants to get one for bear hunting and is asking me for a recommendation. My SIL has 2 Cuddybacks, but is not real happy with them. He's had a number of problems with his. Anyone had any experience with the Moltre (Sp) cameras?

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except for bears. Bears kill you.
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I have a Wildview and it has been okay. It didnt take a single picture this year, but that was prolly more my fault for not putting it out!

The picture quality is decent, not great, but decent. I havent had problems with it mechanically. It wasnt very expensive either....a hunert bucks I think.

Beautiful pics of the woods after a snow. Man, there is just something about that.....

What you do today is important, you are trading a day in the rest of your life for it.
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I picked up a cuddieback this past spring and i like it. Its simple to set-up and nice pictures too. long battery life on it. I was surprised. I had a moultrie last year and set it up with the solar panel and everything and could not get it to take a picture. not sure what the issue was.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
I'd go with the cuddyback. At $199, they are a great camera for the price.

I'm going to get one soon with my Christmas money...I've been naughty, so it might not be much.

Last edited by tzone; 12/07/09.

IC B3

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
mine is a wildview and it's let me down a few times now, it just spazzes out & decides it's not going to take any pictures.

Something clever here.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Great Pictures Dave. The snow is beautiful. At least now you can tell where the deer are moving. Wish I were there. Can't wait to go back!

I am out of order until further notice. My "stupid people" filter needs cleaning and my "give a damn" batteries have run out.
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Dave, noticed that none of your muzzle loaders had scopes. Are optics illegal in MN? WI allows optics, but they must be none magnifying, i.e. 1 power.

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except for bears. Bears kill you.
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
RWS said there is no deer out here the other night. He was just all happy to try out that new muzzle loader. what a kid he is!! The 199 cuddieback is the one i got and i really like it. When you coming back T? Ice fishing trek next?

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
No scoped for us in MN unless you jump through the Dr request hoops & get permission to put one on based on vision but even then I think it has to be zero magnification.

But we have heard rumors for next year.... I really hope they let us put scopes on next year.

Something clever here.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
It was a great weekend. We didn't see any deer but the rest of it was a blast! We had some seriously good food and laughs. It was great to meet BuschPilot and Les. Talk about a couple of cards!

So I have to share my PWM (Preacher Joe) story or at least one of them. Joe as usual was busy telling stories. Story after story after story at which I would just listen and laugh. Yesterday morning he say's "Hey Jim! I saw a flying bear the other day and his butt was on fire!" I chuckled "really Joe? Then what happened??" He said "well then the swamp squid came out (and now he's tucking his little chin as far into his neck as he can in order to muster up a deeper voice) and said "HEY! Your butts on FIRE Larry!"

I was foolishly trying to swallow down some Sunny D when this conversation took place and pert near choked to death.

What a kid!

grin

Big Thanks to everyone at chickenbuck for another great time!

Rooster

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by BuschPilot
RWS said there is no deer out here the other night. He was just all happy to try out that new muzzle loader. what a kid he is!! The 199 cuddieback is the one i got and i really like it. When you coming back T? Ice fishing trek next?

Yeah, I'd like to come up for some of that. I want to pull one of those big norhterns through a hole.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
a flying bear named Larry. I love it!

I wonder if that is why that buck was froze into that swamp. His butt was probably on fire, and he rolled into that swamp hole to put it out, then got himself stuck....just like Muffy.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Oh wow Rooster, I can just hear the Preacher telling that story. He is a great story teller like his dad. laugh

Tzone what was my excuse, my butt wasn't on fire. It could have just as well been. smirk

I am out of order until further notice. My "stupid people" filter needs cleaning and my "give a damn" batteries have run out.
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
(Deep voice) "hey larry your butt's on fire"

Rooster Jim choking on sunny D orange juice...

Yeah that was pretty awesome.

grin

Something clever here.

Page 282 of 1,842 1 2 280 281 282 283 284 1841 1842

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

80 members (35, 444Matt, Anaconda, Akhutr, 7mm_Loco, 1_deuce, 8 invisible), 1,481 guests, and 802 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,368
Posts18,488,303
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.