-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I wasn't comparing the 742 to an A-Bolt but rather a BAR, which is more apples to apples.

Shoot Strait....Penetrate Deep.
HR IC

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
"I personally have seen more gun failures out of remingtons than brownings.....one example is my Dad and a couple uncles have 742's that seem to jam on about 2 out of 5 shots."

Sorry, must have misread that. You must mean the model 742 BAR? wink

Sorry, just poking a little fun.

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Bashing Browning because of Japan and a reference to Pearl Harbor while owning Howa's is hipocrisy at it's finest. Outstanding!

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Originally Posted by Whttail_in_MT
whelennut- are Japanese-made Howas different than Japanese-made Brownings? Just curious as it seems you had no problem buying Howas... Link to whelennut's post about owning Howas

Thanks for proving my point so quickly. You hypocrites really should try to remember what you've posted in the past before you go spouting your hate over country of origin.

The original question was "Why no love for Brownings"?
It could be that they are Japanese.

How many Japanese are buying things manufactured here?
I bought the Howa because I heard they made the Weatherby Vanguard and the price was right for a barreled action. I liked it so much I bought another one. No regrets either.
I'm trying to make up for Nagasaki and Hiroshima in my own small way. I thought being a hypocrite was normal after listening to politicians and car salesman. wink
whelennut

I like to do my hunting BEFORE I pull the trigger!
There is only one kind of dead, but there are many different kinds of wounded.
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Why you bought the Howa is insignificant. To be a buyer of Japanese rifles and criticize Browning for being Japanese has some of us scratching our heads.

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
No worries.

You made me go back and read it again....yep I typed it right the first time.

"I personally have seen more gun failures out of remingtons than brownings.....one example is my Dad and a couple uncles have 742's that seem to jam on about 2 out of 5 shots. My other uncle and his son have BAR's and I have never seen them jam."

O
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
O
I have owned three A-Bolts and couple Citoris. None of them have ever!!! failed to feed, fire, eject or hit (very accurately) what I am aiming at. The two A-Bolts that I still have now are both BOSS models and are as accurate as any two rifles that I have ever owned.

Besides, my Weatherby Mark V is also Japanese made and also is accurate, reliable and well made. Remember that Cerebrus (who owns Remington and Marlin) is a Canadian based company. S&W was until recently owned by a U.K. based company.

The new Model 70 Winchester is made in the US by FN, Herstal, Belgium. If the A-Bolt rifles are so bad, how come everytime I watch one of the more well known, nationally sponsored hunting shows on the Outdoor Channel, the host is using an A-Bolt rifle to hunt with.

CDR3
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
If the A-Bolt rifles are so bad, how come everytime I watch one of the more well known, nationally sponsored hunting shows on the Outdoor Channel, the host is using an A-Bolt rifle to hunt with.

Possibly because Browning sponsors many of the shows?

W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
Some of you guys can't seem to acceipt the fact that we can dislike Brownings or any other gun for any reason we want. We can dislike them more than we dislike say a gun made in Germany or elsewhere in Europe. We don't even have to have a technical reason based on our experience with them. We can simply despise them because we want to. You guys getting on our asses about it is living proof that the current education system is working. You guys are free to like them and celebrate them. Some of us will never like them and that is o.k. too!

B
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
B
Not liking them and calling them junk is two different things. I have read many posts where Browning rifles are referred to as "junk". I didn't really like my Tikka but it was hardly junk. I don't really care for Winchester rifles either but they definitely aren't junk. I would guess that half of the folks that call them junk have never owned one. Just sayin. As far as the salt water thing, I won't argue that since I haven't hunted around it much.

Last edited by brianc142; 12/07/09.

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf...George Orwell.
IC B3

W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
No they are not junk. They seem to be great guns. I wish they made them in the U.S.A. I wonder if it would help their sales to make them here? I would certainly look at them VERY differently if they were made here. As it is they are not an option for me.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I fully agree. If you dislike them just because that is fine by me.
I have the same feeling about Toyota Tacomas. I hate those damn trucks, but I have absolutely no valid reason besides "cuz"....and that is enough for me.

There are 6 pages on here in order to say "cuz".

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Bricktop

Maybe you're not particularly confident in your masculinity.

Getting defensive just shows who is insecure here.

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Originally Posted by Oldtrader3
I have owned three A-Bolts and couple Citoris. None of them have ever!!! failed to feed, fire, eject or hit (very accurately) what I am aiming at. The two A-Bolts that I still have now are both BOSS models and are as accurate as any two rifles that I have ever owned.

Besides, my Weatherby Mark V is also Japanese made and also is accurate, reliable and well made. Remember that Cerebrus (who owns Remington and Marlin) is a Canadian based company. S&W was until recently owned by a U.K. based company.

The new Model 70 Winchester is made in the US by FN, Herstal, Belgium. If the A-Bolt rifles are so bad, how come everytime I watch one of the more well known, nationally sponsored hunting shows on the Outdoor Channel, the host is using an A-Bolt rifle to hunt with.

Cerberus isn't Canadian. Perhaps you're thinking of Magna.

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
I never bashed Browning. I just don't buy them because they are overpriced and made in Japan.
They might be fantastic for all I know but I don't care either.

I bought the Howas because of the low price and they are reliable and accurate. That appeals to me.

Japanese pilots did bomb Pearl Harbor though, just saying.

I drive a Ford truck and Harley Davidson motorcycle.
I try to buy American made but have settled for American owned companies. Even that is getting tougher.

I'm not into the one world government concept either by the way.
Remember Pearl Harbor!
whelennut

I like to do my hunting BEFORE I pull the trigger!
There is only one kind of dead, but there are many different kinds of wounded.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by SU35
Bricktop

Maybe you're not particularly confident in your masculinity.
Getting defensive just shows who is insecure here.
I don't recall posting a homophobic response in this thread. That was you, sport. whistle

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

Originally Posted by safariman
I do tend to fit in well wherever I go in person.

Originally Posted by Fireball2
The campfire is the most outside exposure I get. No TV, no newspaper.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by whelennut
I just don't buy them because they are overpriced and made in Japan.

I bought the Howas because of the low price and they are reliable and accurate. That appeals to me.
So if Browning would bring their prices down, you'd be willing to overlook their country of origin?

Japanese pilots did bomb Pearl Harbor though, just saying.
And German saboteurs committed various acts of terrorism in the U.S. during WWI. Just saying.

I drive a Ford truck and Harley Davidson motorcycle.
I try to buy American made but have settled for American owned companies. Even that is getting tougher.
How much of those so-called "American owned" companies is actually owned by "Americans?" How much of their profits actually go back into the U.S. economy? Dumbass.

I'm not into the one world government concept either by the way.
Remember Pearl Harbor!
whelennut
No, you're into the concepts of ignorance and intolerance.

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

Originally Posted by safariman
I do tend to fit in well wherever I go in person.

Originally Posted by Fireball2
The campfire is the most outside exposure I get. No TV, no newspaper.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I never bashed Browning. I just don't buy them because they are overpriced and made in Japan.

Where do you suppose Howas are made?

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
whelennut why are giving advice to buy American when you have admitted you bought guns from Japan? And why after having this pointed out are you still referring to Pearl Harbor?

Do you see the hipocrisy of giving advice you yourself do not live by?

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
What isle are the tampons and popcorn on ????????????????????????

Page 7 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

572 members (338rcm, 1minute, 338reddog, 264magnum, 06hunter59, 222Sako, 69 invisible), 2,344 guests, and 1,270 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,538
Posts18,491,481
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.