-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Getting ready for new shoes on the 05 Sequoia, looks like I'll go with either the Revo2 if they have them or the LTX/MS. Which one is quieter on the road?

“There are some who can live without wild things and some who cannot.”
ALDO LEOPOLD
GB1

F
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
F
If you haven't bought tires yet, I'd go with the cooper discoverer stt. They are quiet, agressive, and when they are siped they also work very well in the snow.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I can't speak for the Revo2 because I've never run them. I can say that the LTX are really quiet. I've run them for years after my factory tires wear out. If it isn't broke, don't fix it I say. I've been totatlly satisfied with the LTX, so I just order a set of those when my factory tires wear out. I've had great luck with them. They've always served me well. My factory tires were more or less a street car tire, and very queit. The LTX are a little loudered but not by much. They have a little more agressive tread them my factory, 'street' tires.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Revo's are plenty quiet.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Revos are pretty highly rated anywhere you read tire ratings.

Last edited by Bulletbutt; 12/10/09.

I saw a movie where only the military and the police had guns. It was called Schindler's List.
IC B2

Just get some BFG's All Terrains. Hard to beat I think.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
FYI, just for the record. I just got back from my tire shop. I had my Blizzak tires put on my wife's Camry for the winter. I respect what these guys know at the shop, as they've been in the business for over 40 years. They sell a lot of tires. So, I asked the manager, John, what he thought of the Revo2 when compared to my LTX-MS. He showed me a set of Revo2, then LTX-AT, them my LTX-MS. He told me about a friend of his who drives alot. He said he ran Revo2, and got 40K out of them. He switched to LTX-MS and got 95K out of them. This was from the same guy, doing the same kind of driving. He said they are about the same money, and it is a no-brainer to go with the LTX when you get twice the mileage. Just the story of one person, but this guys knows tires, and sells tons of them. Just relaying owner experience. I'm sure there are lots of other stories out there too, but thought I'd share the experience on one fellow. LTX serves me well, that's why I always run them after my factory tires wear out. I just automatically go with the LTX.

Last edited by hunter01; 12/10/09.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Michelin tires still made in the USA?

ALDO LEOPOLD
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Just guessing, but I bet not. I was told on here that Michelins are made in France. I was looking at my Pirellis this morning and they are made in Brazil. Yesterday I noticed that my Continentals are made in Mexico. Some Nokians are made by Cooper, in the US, supposedly (I haven't read that on a tire). Some Nokians are made in China, some in the US and some in Finland. I have some Hankooks (Korean company) that are made in China.
Didn't Bridgestone come from Japan to buy Firestone? If not, it's a good rumor. And Firestone; aren't they the ones who made and recalled the 721s, the Wilderness, and another model? Goodyear makes lots of OEM tires, so they must be crap.
About the only survivors are BF Goodrich All-Terrains, after you weed out who made what, and where; if you 're looking for a good US-made tire.

Can you tell I'm getting tired of studying tires?? grin

I saw a movie where only the military and the police had guns. It was called Schindler's List.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Except BFG is owned by Michelin. And I wouldn't be surprised if some are made here, some made offshore. I would imagine Michelins are made 'round the world too.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Sure wish Hoosier Tire made a great LT tire...

ALDO LEOPOLD
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
Went same route here '04 Tundra..Coopers to Hankook. Coopers less than 30k miles (but I'm hard on tires for some reason), Hankooks about 800 miles so far so good. Friend owns tire shop and runs Hankooks on his vehicles.

7wby
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P rated tires are OEM on my sequioa. Is there a large difference between them and LT rated tires? Still looking at revos or Michelin M/S. Also the firestone destination n

ALDO LEOPOLD
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Within the last week I replaced tires on my Cummins. Thought I'd try the Michelin All Terrain2 (New tire by Michelin), E-load rated on the recommendation of the tire store that I deal with. I've had 2 sets of Bridgestone Revos, and they have been great tires, although the last set seemed to wear a little faster than I liked (45k miles). What a mistake. The Michelins had a bone-jarring ride and very poor steering response, were not as uniform (round) as they should be and even after fine-balancing them, had a slight vibration at 65mph.
After driving on them for 2 days, I went back to the Bridgestone (the new Revo 2) and my truck now rides and handles the way it should. I've always been a Michelin fan for passenger car tires (I have Pilot Sport AS2's on my wife's 540i and they are superb) but Bridgestone's Revo is THE truck tire IMO. The Michelins may outlast the Bridgestones, but I sure don't want to dislike a tire for the extended life........

To anger a conservative, lie to him. To annoy a liberal, tell him the truth.

Promoted to Turdlike status 03/17/12

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
How are those Revo 2's different?

I had 2 sets of Revo's on my F-150 and like them a lot. It will be either those or BFG's when the tires on my Tundra are shot.

Camp is where you make it.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Tread design is a little different, they seem quieter than the originals and are supposed to be better in wet and snowy conditions. I'm trailering a car up to Ohio this weekend, I may find out how good they are, supposed to snow....

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
1st gen. Revo's were fine in the snow. Damn fine.

Camp is where you make it.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Love my Revo's. If the 2nd generation are even better, they must be an amazing tire.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Stay away from the BFG All Terrains. I have had 3 different highway speed tread seperations with them. BUYER BEWARE!!!

NRA Golden Eagles, Benefactor Member and I vote!!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Just got home. Didn't see much snow (maybe a couple of inches)and a little ice but the truck rode great, tires are quiet and smooth. Very pleased with them overall. 1 degree in Dayton this morning, -14 wind chill.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

355 members (257 mag, 1lesfox, 163bc, 1badf350, 160user, 06hunter59, 34 invisible), 2,326 guests, and 1,071 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,329
Posts18,526,586
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.