Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Scott F
Originally Posted by ColeYounger
You know anything about the old park somewhere in between Joplin and Carthage? I'm looking for coordinates and directions.

You guys are bringing back a lot of memories. Like shooting at the old rick pits and swimming at the old marble quarry. There was a girl named Eve was ....

Well I had some good times there. grin

You lived in Carthage? I think I'd seen you say you were from Missouri, but had it in my head you were from over east somewheres. You ever been by the Underground?

Red Oak II used to be pretty good. A pity it's pretty much done for.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Not sure what park you're talking of Cole, only been here 6 years. I recall hearing some guys working for me talking about a 'resort' place back in maybe the 40s or 50s that was on Center Creek on 171 between webb city and Carthage. I think they said the joplin trolleuy even went out there. Not sure what it was exactly, bands would play and picnicing? Will ask at work tomorrow. I think they called the 'village' Riverside or something??? Might zoom in on google maps and see what shows up there.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
You lived in Carthage? I think I'd seen you say you were from Missouri, but had it in my head you were from over east somewheres. You ever been by the Underground?

Red Oak II used to be pretty good. A pity it's pretty much done for.

No you are right I spent my 5 through 12 grades in Ballwin but had a good friend who moved to Carthage and I spent a lot of time there. I liked it there. I can still remember the marble carriage steps and hitching posts along the streets in front of the older homes. And I had best forget Eve. grin

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Chistmas should be spent in ones home.

1Minute
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
we're going to Kauai, will be the 7-8th time we've been. not always at Christmas though.

one last hurrah to have our kids and their cousins all there together, they're growing up fast and will soon be too busy to all get together.

me and the 11 year old aren't thrilled about it, but thank goodness, there's not enough snow, and it's turned cold. so we'll go and beach bum it for awhile.

I've got to train my oldest son 3 hours a day while there though, so we'll be busy.

"This ain't dress rehearsal....it's the life you get to live, make it a good one."

TEAMWORK = a bunch of people doing what I say
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Going to stay here in NW AR for Christmas. This year, just the two of us. Usually we have at least one of the kids come for Christmas and/or Thanksgiving. But this year it was just the bride and myself for Thanksgiving and probably for Christmas. Our son and his wife in Minneapolis are expecting there first youngster, our third grandson, at the turn of the year, but could be any time between now and then. My wife is saving her vacation for then and we'll be headed up there as soon as we get the word. Even though we will be alone, it will be a special Christmas season for us.

Someday I hope to be the person my dogs think I am . . .
The only true cost of having a dog is its death.
Someone once said "a nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves."
Shiloh Sharps . . . there is no substitute.
NRA Endowment Member
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Sleep. Merry Christmas.

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I got some family in Horseshoe Bend Ark. After I visit them I'll head up to the Elevenpoint River.

Last edited by Rick n Tenn; 12/13/09.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Northeast Nevada, late area 8 deer tag

Eagles may soar, but a weasel never got sucked into a jet turbine!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Do any of you have places that you go year-after-year, during the Christmas season?

Pretty much every year I find my way to the bottom of a bottle of Scotch...

Or three laugh

I'm Irish...

Of course I know how to patch drywall
IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Christmas used to be so hectic when I lived at home. We would get up all early and rush through our presents just so we could spend the whole day stopping by at all the family gatherings going on. It was nice to see everyone, but I just wish we all could get together at one location.

Anyways, going to have a quiet Christmas here. Hoping my little bro will choose to spend it here instead of snowboarding with his friends, but I'm not holding my breath. That kid has taken a real liking to snowboarding. Looking forward to seeing Maser Jr. enjoying his gifts he's getting. laugh

I'm Libertarian for these 3 reasons:

1.) I'm American
2.) I'm not insane enough to be Democrat
3.) I'm not wussy enough to be Republican

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
I see now that I titled this wrongly. I mean during the Christmas Season what are y'alls destinations? Where do you usually go to look at lights, see a Living Nativity Scene or whatever? We'll spend actual Christmas Day right here. We'll probably have the family here and have dinner and open presents. That's the norm.

Last edited by ColeYounger; 12/14/09.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Maser
Christmas used to be so hectic when I lived at home. We would get up all early and rush through our presents just so we could spend the whole day stopping by at all the family gatherings going on. It was nice to see everyone, but I just wish we all could get together at one location.

Anyways, going to have a quiet Christmas here. Hoping my little bro will choose to spend it here instead of snowboarding with his friends, but I'm not holding my breath. That kid has taken a real liking to snowboarding. Looking forward to seeing Maser Jr. enjoying his gifts he's getting. laugh

Nothing,....not one word,

about ,

The CLOSET OF FEAR,....?

don't disappoint us , man,.....go huddle in there for a bit.

Kidding aside,...it DOES define you

GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Gonna spend the day at a friend's house in Ohio, then she's going to tag along with me around the state for a few weeks scouting public land to bowhunt for next year. Some awful good bucks coming out of that neck of the woods lately.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'm gonna go play in the trenches at Gettyburg.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Momma and I are going back home to San Antonio to visit her parents.Both of mine rest with our Lord and Savior.Skeeter

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Staying here at home. My son will be driving up from Atlanta on the 22nd and my oldest daughter is flying in from Seattle this coming Thursday for a ten day visit.

One of the sanest, surest, and most generous joys of life comes from being happy over the good fortune of others.
Archibald Rutledge

P
pod Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
P
driving up to boston then to no. haveral n.h. to visit the kids. starting point is chapel hill n.c. merry xmas

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Finally at home. First Christmas at home in 30 years.

Well we're Green and we're Gold, and we play better when it's cold. All us Cheese heads have our favorite superstar. We love Brett Favre.
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Do any of you have places that you go year-after-year, during the Christmas season?
Yep.. It's called 'my kitchen'... laugh

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

493 members (10Glocks, 10gaugemag, 1Longbow, 160user, 2500HD, 67 invisible), 2,403 guests, and 1,276 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,131
Posts18,502,639
Members73,989
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.