Print Thread
Hop To
J
JRC280 Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
J
Looking for a good guide in Wyoming for a antelope hunt. Any suggestions?

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Not sure you really need a guide. Most units have plenty of antelope - its just a matter of getting near a good one - and knowing your looking at a good one.

What are your expectations as far as trophy size?? You can probably do pretty good on a unit for a average buck, or another option is pay a trespass fee to hunt on private, sometimes the private will hold better quality - not always but in the unit I hunt it does. Lots of options - lots of fun!!

"Rather hunt Mule deer than anything else"
"Team 7MM-08"
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Call Deb and Jeff Smith out of Sundance. I worked for them the fall of 01 and had a super time with them. They run a wonderful outfit.

Tell em hello from me.

There outfits name is 7-J Outfitters.

Dober

"True respect starts with the way you treat others, and it is earned over a lifetime of demonstrating kindness, honor and dignity"....Tony Dungy
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
I have used Ross Adney from Beaver Creek Outfitters in Dayton,Wyoming he is a really good guy to hunt with and is very resonably priced. I would check him out

W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
7-J is first class! We hunted with Jeff and Deb's son Mike in November and had a great time!

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely and in one well preserved piece, but rather to skid across the line sideways, thoroughly used up, worn out, leaking oil and shouting "GERONIMO" at the top of your lungs!!!!"
IC B2

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Give Ward Anderson a call. He runs Antelope outfitters out of Gillette. My dad and I just hunted with him and we had a great time. We both killed great antelops in the upper 70's His prices are very good compared to others. He has great quality and alot to choose from. He will go above and beyond to make sure your hunt is one you will never forget. Not trying to bash here but I have heard some bad things about Jef and Deb Smith of 7J outfitters. Dont get me wrong they kill some great animals and I even almost booked with them but I have heard from a reliable source that they have been caught tresspassing on several occasions with one of the big time TV hunters that they have in camp every year. If you want a great hunt call Ward. His websight is www.antelopeoutfitters.com tell him Joel Biltz From Indiana sent you.

J
JRC280 Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
J
Thanks guys for the info. Being from South Carolina I know nothing about antelope hunting but am looking foward to it. What about Table Mountain Outfitters?

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Still say you may not need an outfitter. I paid a $200 trespass fee to hunt 20,000 acre ranch and ended up killing a buck that gross scored 81 3/8 B&C. Which for a gumby like me on his 2nd hunt is pretty good I'd say. If not for the weather (snow) I could have gotten better since there were better bucks I couldn't get to.
Just a thought - nothing againt outfitters by the way just seems with the amount of antelope in Wyoming its more of an access thing than anything in some units. And knowing a good buck from a really good buck.

"Rather hunt Mule deer than anything else"
"Team 7MM-08"
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Tom Kessel, Hiland Outfitters. He has a terrific setup near Medicine Bow with tons of antelope.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by JRC280
What about Table Mountain Outfitters?

Without going into detail in a word...... NO.

As oregonmuley has stated, you really don't need an outfitter for antelope. If you are dead set on an outfitter, I know a very a good one.

www.whiskeyspringsoutfitters.com

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
IC B3

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Originally Posted by elkhunter76
Originally Posted by JRC280
What about Table Mountain Outfitters?

Without going into detail in a word...... NO.

As oregonmuley has stated, you really don't need an outfitter for antelope. If you are dead set on an outfitter, I know a very a good one.

www.whiskeyspringsoutfitters.com

It would have been appropriate to send the OP a private message about your gripe with Table Mountain.
I happen to know the owners well and they're great people who run a very respectable outfit.
I'm guessing you haven't used their services, seeing you're a resident of Wyoming, so that makes you a disgruntled ex-guide,their competition or both.
Remember this is a public forum.Please don't respond with details either.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Mark R Dobrenski
Call Deb and Jeff Smith out of Sundance. I worked for them the fall of 01 and had a super time with them. They run a wonderful outfit.

Tell em hello from me.

There outfits name is 7-J Outfitters.

Dober

+1......have not hunted with them, but know some folks who have and they were very happy...I've hunted that general area for mulies and I can tell you it's LOADED with antelope and plenty of shooters

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Oregonmuley
Still say you may not need an outfitter. I paid a $200 trespass fee to hunt 20,000 acre ranch and ended up killing a buck that gross scored 81 3/8 B&C. Which for a gumby like me on his 2nd hunt is pretty good I'd say. If not for the weather (snow) I could have gotten better since there were better bucks I couldn't get to.
Just a thought - nothing againt outfitters by the way just seems with the amount of antelope in Wyoming its more of an access thing than anything in some units. And knowing a good buck from a really good buck.

+1

Proud NRA Life Member
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
My wife and I have used SNS Outfitters out of Casper for the past two years and have been very happy with them. www.huntwyo.com

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

581 members (10gaugemag, 1lesfox, 1234, 1OntarioJim, 1badf350, 12344mag, 63 invisible), 2,664 guests, and 1,276 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,714
Posts18,514,101
Members74,010
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.