Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by ShootingLady
omg I loved that, that thing is huge!

sweet jesus, i love it when women talk like that.

i also love it when they say, "It's too big, it won't fit."

have heard both phrases before, brings a tear to my eye...

-tom

Wag More. Bark Less.
GB1

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
All dogs rock..

John
=
Waterfowler at hart along with my late Baydog 9/26/20 ..
=
=
Striving to be turdlike.
B
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
B
Some say God quit experimenting with dog breeds after he came up with the lab. I'd have to agree. I've had many over the years and I'm hopeful there will be more in the future. Life just wouldn't be right without one, 2, 3....

They say everything happens for a reason.
For me that reason is usually because I've made some bad decisions that I need to pay for.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
[Linked Image]

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
My and my yellow,Hunter, finishing a morning of goose hunting out of our Oxford Md, eastern shore blind. That dog loved running down birds,even doves. Many,many fond hunting memories with that dog,my son, Mike V and all who joined us in the goose and pheasant fields. He's been gone for almost a year now but not a month goes by without something occurring which sparks a memory of that Yellow.IMO, they are the "perfect dog"

[Linked Image]

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

IC B2

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Thats funny!

MY yellow lab is named "Hunter" too. I'll take a pic and post it later.

Brian

Vernon BC Canada

"Nothing in life - can compare to seeing smiles on your children's faces."
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
This guy says it pretty well.

"Without dogs, our houses are cold receptacles for things. Dogs make a fire warmer with their curled presence. They wake us, greet us, protect us and ultimately carve a place in our hearts and our history. On reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts, these parts defined by the all too short lives of our dogs."

Paul Fersen "A Peach Tree in an Apple Orchard"

WGM Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
While my "Mabel" can do a helluva lot, here's her most favorite thing to do ...

[Linked Image]

She's actually 1/2 yellow lab, 1/2 golden retriever ... pretty amazing dog if you ask me ...

-WGM-
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Max doin' what Max does best.

[Linked Image]

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Originally Posted by teal
Is there anything they can't do?

Gotta love labs! Nice trout too! Ya think that would count towards his daily limit? [Linked Image]

IC B3

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Always do a dog pic for the photo X-Mas card. This year's, with Happy Holidays and a red background...

[Linked Image]

byc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Lost 3 to seizures. For Lab owners something to watch for. Sucks to lose a best friend that way.

Made me feel so helpless...so much pain. Especially, for the harder workers.

Proud to be a true Sandlapper!!

Go Nats!!!!

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Its one of the curses of being Americas #1 breed....some congenital difficulties....
A good lab is as good as the best...

Ingwe

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
Had a Lab with seizures...frequent and bad. It was totally controlled with phenobarbitol with no side effects despite vet misgivings. He had a long and productive life up to around 15. I miss him so.

FWIW for anyone that needs to know.

"Be sure you're right. Then go ahead." Fess Parker as Davy Crockett
byc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Yeah the PNBBL helped. Sometimes I wanted to take it myself. 15 years is a good life. No regrets here but have been reluctant to get another until I know we may go at or around the same time.

Proud to be a true Sandlapper!!

Go Nats!!!!

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S

Q
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Q
[Linked Image]

I'm a total lab fan. Here is Toby w/ his first duck. I've got video of him inside putting up with a pesterying 2yo boy that proves that labs are one of the most good-natured dogs on the planet.
My FIL has a yellow that he has worked with quite a bit. It's pretty amazing to see her diving for her "kong" in the middle of a moving stream. She dives better than I could ever hope to...not that that is saying much..(=

�Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.� Mark Twain
J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
My five-year old yellow lab, Ruby, was given to me by the rancher whose property I turkey hunted on a couple of seasons in West Texas. Her Mom had just had the litter and she was still blind, I came back 8 weeks later to pick her up (4 hour drive). She is not a hunting dog, but she's awesome. Her Dad was the largest lab I've seen ever. He weighed ~130 lbs, and was not overweight, just huge. He looked like a lion with a big mane. If there were a "Giant Lab" breed, he would be one. Her black lab Mom was 65 lbs. Ruby is right in the middle at 85 lbs. Most people think she's a male b/c of her size.

Loves everybody. Although she treed the neighbors cat 10 days ago, which disappeared. I think an owl got him.

We got a new cat for the kids for Christmas yesterday. She's already scared it half to death, but she has never been around a kitty with claws.

"The dog is a gentleman; I hope to go to his heaven, not man's." Mark Twain
"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers
"The more I know about people, the more I like my dog." Mark Twain
D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
I lost 2 chocolate labs this year. The first was Petey was had a AKC master hunter title and loved the pheasant fields of Nebraska. If you placed his food bowl on the floor and then threw a training bumper he would drop his ffod and retrieve the bumper.

My second Lab loss was Ranger who earned 3 AKC field trial "Derby Jams and was sired by( National field champion/Amateur field champion) NFC/AFC Storms Riptide Star MH left me to early in life.

Lab-less now and not liking it.

Doc

Last edited by Doctor_Encore; 12/19/09.
I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
I didn't know that about you Greg. I know what it costs to get a lab to the status of your chocolates. I'm sorry you suffered those losses and I truly hope their passings weren't too premature.

Last edited by isaac; 12/19/09.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

512 members (12344mag, 1_deuce, 160user, 204guy, 17CalFan, 10ring1, 43 invisible), 11,460 guests, and 1,132 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,195,241
Posts18,544,285
Members74,060
Most Online21,066
May 26th, 2024

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.