Print Thread
Hop To
Page 12 of 17 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 16 17
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
T
As long as you keep posting them, I'm going to keep commenting on them....I LOVE those Anticosti Island pics.

Merry Christmas to you and your family LBK.

Tom

Camp is where you make it.
GB1

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
I fantasize about sneaking around the forests on Anticosti with my old Model 64...

+ Red plaid and knee high boots...Old School! grin

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
I guess my age is creaping up on me. I get kind of "sappy" this time of the year. I just want to say this is not the only forum I've ever been on, but I can't believe the quality of people here. Sure there are arguments and occasional name calling, but this the absolute best bunch of men, women, and youngsters that have ever come together on the net. Thanks to RickBin for making it possible.

Now as far as "old school" and red plaid. You MUST wear orange while hunting on the island. At least a vest. My red plaid pants are old style "riding pants" and the coat belonged to my now deceased brother. I always carry something of my fathers and my father in law. And I always hunt with one model or another older Savage rifle. My scopes are all over 50 years old, and they work just fine. That's why I love the island. You "can" be left alone to hunt by yourself and that's the way my wife and I like it. It gets expensive and I work for a living still. I plan NOT to ever retire. I should spend the money on other things but I choose not to. Watching my wife kill a deer is like watching a kid. Actually, with smaller families, I think women are the future of hunting AND fishing!!!!!!!!!!!! Merry Christmas to everyone!!!!!!!!!!!

NRA Endowment Life Member (and proud of it)

Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing.

Wise men speak because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something. - Plato

Deuteronomy 22:5

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
T
You sir, are blessed to have a wife that enjoys the outdoors with you.

Camp is where you make it.
Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by tzone
You sir, are blessed to have a wife that enjoys the outdoors with you.

I DO know that. I had a wife 40 years ago that thought I was "cheating" on her when my father would pick me up at the house, we'd go fishing, and I'd come home with a kreel full of fish. I have NO idea WHERE she is now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wise men speak because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something. - Plato

IC B2

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Merry Xmas LBK and Mrs. LBK!!!

Nice to see someone working..and enjoying the rewards of their labor, too few do it, and too many die young without having ever done it....

Ingwe

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by ingwe
Merry Xmas LBK and Mrs. LBK!!!

Nice to see someone working..and enjoying the rewards of their labor, too few do it, and too many die young without having ever done it....

Ingwe

Merry Christmas to you and yours as well!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Heck, I've shot them even smaller than that! They sure do taste good. Just the thing, if somebody says venison is tough or gamey tasting. Those little loins are nectar! I get to hunt the farm, but I have to shoot some deer - that's the deal, and that's what I do, so the little ones get plugged too.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
My dad put in his order for a 'frier' the other day! That means the smaller the better and no bucks... Best eatin there is! smile

Old Turd- Deplorable- Unrepentant Murderer- Domestic Violent Extremist

Just "Campfire Riffraff and Trash"

This will be my last post! Flave 1/3/21
S
Campfire Member
Online Content
Campfire Member
S
Great season so far here in P.A.

1ST Day results

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

I took it down to the wire literally in rifle season, shot this battle scarred 8 point with 5 mins to spare on the very last day!!

[Linked Image]

what you see depends on what your looking for!!
IC B3

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Wow! He looks like an MMA fighter! Looks like a great season.

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
No kiddin...excellent!

But I bet that little one on the left with the long tail in the first pic is gonna be tough chewin..... grin

Ingwe

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
You've rekindled my desire to go to Anticosti for a hunt. Merry Christmas.

Got to say the nice thing about suitcase deer is that you don't need to worry about what to do with leftovers, or make freezer space.......

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Great thread.
Dontcha just love deer season!

2009 Family total.
3 Blacktails
1 Mule Deer
2 Antelope
1 Black Bear

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Proud NRA Life Member
Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Steelhead
You've rekindled my desire to go to Anticosti for a hunt. Merry Christmas.

Got to say the nice thing about suitcase deer is that you don't need to worry about what to do with leftovers, or make freezer space.......

I have to say this about the quality of the meat. Their diet is VERY different on the island. No hardwoods for mast, no orchards for fruit. Only a few white birch. Mostly grasses, and various seaweed and kelp along the shore, and off course, evergreen needles and bark. Nonetheless, the meat is very sweet and distinctive. I was apprehensive at first because both my wife and I love venison. We have been more than delighted. Thanks to all for the great and kind words. A VERY Merry Christmas to you as well.

O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
Got this guy last week up in the Texas Panhandle. 7 Mag. 140 grain TSX.

Merry Christmas everyone!

[Linked Image]

"The Bigger the Government, the Smaller the Citizen" - Dennis Prager LINK

Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NICE picture!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
There sure are some nice deer shot on this thread. I can only wish to shoot something like them where I live. In my area there is very little land left for me to hunt and alot of hunting pressure on the neighboring lots. After a disappointing bow season I did manage to get some meat for the freezer and not get frozen myself.

My 135 pound dressed doe shot with my 260 remington Thanksgiving Morning at 30 yds.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

My second doe [125 dressed] shot with my Remington 750 carbine in 308 at 150 yds.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

And finally, my very first muzzleloader buck. He had already lost his left beam and the right beam was broken off just above his head. I thought is was another doe when I shot him. He's all worn out and beat up from chasing the girls. I could feel all his ribs and the spine with no trouble at all. But in very cold and noisy conditions, I still-hunted within 60 yds of him before the XTP ruined his day.

[Linked Image]

I don't drink or Smoke. I spend my money on gunpowder and gasoline.
Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by dmsbandit
There sure are some nice deer shot on this thread. I can only wish to shoot something like them where I live. In my area there is very little land left for me to hunt and alot of hunting pressure on the neighboring lots. After a disappointing bow season I did manage to get some meat for the freezer and not get frozen myself.

My 135 pound dressed doe shot with my 260 remington Thanksgiving Morning at 30 yds.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

My second doe [125 dressed] shot with my Remington 750 carbine in 308 at 150 yds.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

And finally, my very first muzzleloader buck. He had already lost his left beam and the right beam was broken off just above his head. I thought is was another doe when I shot him. He's all worn out and beat up from chasing the girls. I could feel all his ribs and the spine with no trouble at all. But in very cold and noisy conditions, I still-hunted within 60 yds of him before the XTP ruined his day.

[Linked Image]

First off CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!! Those does are HUGE!!!!!!!!!!!! I know what you mean about New York. I hunt turkeys there and have NO problem getting landowner permission, but mention hunting deer and it's a whole nother story.

Secondly,,,,,,,,,,,,,I LIKE your sig line.................

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Thanks Longbeardking. I do manage to get a few deer most years, but it keeps getting harder and harder. The last 2 years I've started hunting in NC and plan on going back again. I see more bucks and deer of all sizes there in 4 days than I'll see in 3 months of hunting back home.

I can't afford to drink or smoke. LOL. This year I bought 4 guns and shot about 1500-2000 rounds of ammo thru my deer guns and other guns I own. Every Saturday I'm at the range at 7AM and don't leave until almost noon.

I don't drink or Smoke. I spend my money on gunpowder and gasoline.
Page 12 of 17 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 16 17

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

550 members (222ND, 219DW, 1Longbow, 10ring1, 204guy, 1beaver_shooter, 66 invisible), 2,650 guests, and 1,178 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,480
Posts18,529,651
Members74,033
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.