OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Originally Posted by Uncle_Dusty
Tzone
Chev.has small tow hooks on front
Ford has reel BIG tow hooks on front. grin grin grin

Ha!

Good one, actually you have to thread a chain or rope through the ford hooks because they are hoops instead of open hooks like the chevy's. I've taken notice of many a broken hook or both hooks broken on the front of quite a few chevy trucks as I walk through parking lots grin

They were probably trying to pull some stuck fords out backwards using the front hooks though whistle

The clutch is getting skinny on the old yellow plow truck. I didn't get pictures of the snow smashing at my neighbor's place today, wow, that was some good snow smashing!

You know when you hit a pile of snow & the blade spits a hundred pounds of snow straight in the air & it comes down about 3 seconds later on the hood & windshield?

Well that's some good snow smashin!!

That old yellow ford still does things hard, fast & nasty if the driver cuts her loose.

grin

Something clever here.

GB1

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Originally Posted by tzone
jeez, you got one of those too?

The studie? No, that aint mine, I was coming past the neighbor's place. Iron man eddie from the original polaris dream team of the 70's. The guy is a legend & a hell of a shock man, shocks & suspension are really his thing.

It's a studebaker hawk of some kind, can't remember exactly, golden hawk, silver hawk or something like that. 57 58-ish?

I still can't believe Bill picked that out covered in snow.

Something clever here.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Bill has an eye for those things...don't let his age fool ya. grin

Snow smashing is fun. Get a good run and BAMPOOF! kinds slows the truck for a second...er, so I've heard, I wouldn't do something like that.

We had a mystery part on the garage floor yesterday. Looks like a piece of coil spring, but it's not from the tundra, and it sure don't look like its from the Taurus. The Taurus is the only car we park in the garage. Can't find where it came from. She's busted off though, even has plastic on the bottom, like it came from a coil. Wierd.

Camp is where you make it.
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
When I take that truck to town to gas up I am in my absolute glory.

The reactions from the general public grow increasingly awful with every passing year. As each year ticks forward & further from ford's 1970 design and as each year may ad a scar or dent, a patch of rusted body panel shed... It is as if Frankenstein himself wandered into town once a month for fuel & the townspeople hide for fear.

Is it wrong that I enjoy this so much? The droning hum-rumble of the exhaust as she idles at the fuel pump... Caked snow & ice weighs her down heavy, all 4 rims packed tight with ice & snow. And some guy that seems as happy as can be at the wheel...

Yeah these are good times for a guy watching his country turn into a bowl of spineless whimpering non English speaking goop that begs... no demands the right to be supported in accordance with the promises of an illegal alien voted leader of our nation by the MTV generation.

Sweet little moments that let a guy forget for a moment that his country is going to hell in a hand bag.

Something clever here.

W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
Merry Christmas weekend and Happy New Year to All... I see Mr. Savage99 Swish has dropped by and Mr. Trapper Stan, and all the others joining in on Daves Party, so me too I'm a party ccrassshinnnn...

Past midnight here and I've just filled the stove with wood again been scoopin and fighting snow most of the day or packing more wood in. What a Great feeling thanks for the snow guys more coming in right now another couple inches. Finally we got snow!!!

Well its been so long since I've checked in I had some catching to do again, I see Weezy is driving brown to school and Pam has a new toy, and Tzone needs a new snow blower. LOL..

Also a story of stories for Muffy, since we are talking pullin power. Long ago in say 92 or so I hooked a Bronco 2 model Ford to a Semi stuck on a hill covered with snow and pulled it up and over. Now if I'd been smart I'd have gotten pics however there were witnesses. Try that with a Chevy er umm Government Motors of the same size and let me know how much it cost to fix later.. LOL Sorry Muffy I'm having alittle fun with ya..

Dave I feel the same way as I roll into fillup with my 99 that I've now driven longer then any I've owned with 180K miles the F150 has a few dings and looks like heck as I'm hard on huntin trucks. Everyone keeps asking when I'll trade and I say when the Magicians stop spending my kids into oblivion and when the good ole days of the 70's come back. The Dukes need to showup with the General anytime now and save the day from Boss Ogg and sherriff Dumbo and Deputy Enis Reed and Nasty Nancy. Somehow someway I pray that all of this goes away and we see the Good Ole Boys Flying HIGH again saying Yeeehaw while Crazy Cooter is backin them up and Jessy is teaching right from wrong.

The MTV generation has crippled us badly in the election and now more then ever I fear the Great Genrations of building things from Cars and Trucks to Tractors, SkyScapers and Dams it fading fast. They need to learn what Respect and Honor mean and what it means to Really work. Ahh crud I got on a rant Sorry guys and gals.

Keep the stories coming and keep having fun wabo out..

IC B2

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Goin fishin, I'll report back later with results.

Something clever here.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Wabo,you ain't crashin,you're family.Good to see you again.Hope your Christmas was good to and for you and yours.
It's refreshing to see people with the same outlook on our great going to hell in a hand basket country.I won't get started on that but I agree with you guy's outlook.God bless and preserve our kids and grand kids.They have a hell of a burden to bear.

Stan in SC

The more I listen,the more I hear....and vice versa.

45/70,it's almost a religion.

If you have to take a second shot then you probably shouldn't have taken the first shot.
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Grogel, now that's a Kodak moment if ever there was one. Merry Christmas to you and the family too.

Rather deal with snow than ice. I managed to get some more off this morning. I'll be chipping away at it for a couple of weeks yet, based on past experience. YMMV.

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except for bears. Bears kill you.
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Originally Posted by northern_dave
Originally Posted by Grizzly_Bill

I can't quite make out what the Red car is, but it resembles a Studebaker.

Bill, how the hell did you figure out that snow covered old red car was a studie?

unreal.

grin

Good eye!

It's was purley a gut reaction, based on what I could make out. First car I ever drove was a 1950 Stude Champion (My folks). Grandad had a 51 Commander with a V8 and my uncle had a 1948 Champion convertible. The old Studebakers were actually very good cars. Their Golden and Silver Hawks of the mids 50's were actually quite fast. I think their designs is what killed them off. I also drove a supercharged and standard Avanti when they first came out around 1963. If I recall correctly the supercharged version was faster than a Vette in a quarter mile.

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Let me add another big agree with whats been said about our country. It's down right scary when you see what the next generation has to deal with and how Ill equiped they are to deal with it. It's going to come as big shock to them when/if they figure out life is not a video game. mad

IC B3

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Wabo, always good to hear from you. Hope you and the family has a enjoyable Christmas.

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Grogel, Love the new Savage modification. grin

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by northern_dave
When I take that truck to town to gas up I am in my absolute glory.

Is it wrong that I enjoy this so much? The droning hum-rumble of the exhaust as she idles at the fuel pump... Caked snow & ice weighs her down heavy, all 4 rims packed tight with ice & snow. And some guy that seems as happy as can be at the wheel...

My wife hates my old trucks....they drive here nuts. Even before we were married she hated them.

I had an 73 F150...black cab, blaze orange box all rusted out. Noisy 33" bfg'a straight pipes, 390, loud, stinky, powerful, 8mpg....that thing was awesome.

She hated it even worse when I showed up in to pick her up for a road trip to Wausau from Duluth..4 hours. It was nasty cold out, snowing, generally crappy conditions. That truck was dead reliable though and I knew she was worthy of the trip.

That dang truck was the laughing stock of the WI Deer Camp in 1996...until it -25* and it was the only one that started, and jumped everyone else that laughed at it. smile

I miss that truck.

W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
Thanks guys!!! I think of you all often I'm just stuck working alot more now and trying to make time for the kids and wife is getting tougher daily.

The old trucks Ford or Chevy even the old Dodge cars WOW.. Back when Men were Men and kids could be kids, Women were Women and Trucks well they made REAL trucks then. We built things then and worked from dawn to dusk or late into the nights if need be.

Wow the changes I've seen sicken me throw all the new fangled technology away for all I care and bring back family values, and qualities of a handshake and Mans word was LAW and Binding Contract. I Greatly Miss my Father, Grandfathers and Uncles whom are gone and think daily what would they do, how would they fix or build this and that. Those were the kind of Men who were GREAT.... God Bless them and those like the Men and Women I've found here we are those who haven't forgotten God,Family and Country....

Me I've been at it since dawn shoveling the Wonderful snow at my place and Moms and came back to a Great home cooked family made meal. Now off to make some snowmen a fire and hot choco outdoors. Hope you all have as Good of day as what mine has been so far.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Hey wabo, nice to hear from you. I hope you and your family had a Merry Christmas. We just finished the last of our family Christmas here today...and if I hear one more word about Fackbook, I'm going to jam a spoon in my ear. Dang kids these days.

I put 100# of salt on the driveway today and have about 1/3 of it cleared. 'bout 3/4" thick...yuck.

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Know what ya mean about the salt. If you need more you'd better move fast as it will probably be in short supply for a while.

Is Granite Peak open or did they shut it down because of all the rain?

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Not sure. I can't afford the loan payments it takes to ski there.

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
We did ok but it took all day.

[Linked Image]

Last edited by northern_dave; 12/27/09.

Something clever here.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Nice looking days work! How thick is the ice on LOTW?

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
15 1/2" where we were.

Something clever here.

Page 297 of 1,842 1 2 295 296 297 298 299 1841 1842

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

534 members (260madman, 1OntarioJim, 260Remguy, 264magnum, 1minute, 257 roberts, 57 invisible), 2,408 guests, and 1,213 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,428
Posts18,489,229
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.