Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
AMC is playing it now. One of the posse members told Little Bill that the hardware store owner won't give out no more .30-30 shells till he gets paid. This is set in the year 1880, and the .30-30 cartridge wasn't introduced till 1895. I can't believe Eastwood let that one get by.

Still a great movie, but I hate to hear mistakes like that in an otherwise great movie.

GB1

M
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
M
I'm watching too, and there's the scene in the jail with the Colt revolver being offered to the Duck of Death. He refuses to take it, apparently because he's afraid it might not be loaded. But it's handed to him close enough to front-forward that he could have seen the rounds in the cylinders.

Though that isn't as big as mistake as the .30-30's....

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck
T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Mule Deer
I'm watching too, and there's the scene in the jail with the Colt revolver being offered to the Duck of Death. He refuses to take it, apparently because he's afraid it might not be loaded. But it's handed to him close enough to front-forward that he could have seen the rounds in the cylinders.

Though that isn't as big as mistake as the .30-30's....
Yeah, I didn't get the impression that Mr. Beauchamp was very familiar with guns, so no telling what he'd be able to tell by looking at a gun handed to him. Also consider that Beauchamp is no great gun fighter, nor particularly brave, and English Bob was beat up bad, so even assuming Beauchamp shot Little Bill, he probably wouldn't figure on being able to shoot his way out of town, even with English Bob, considering the condition he's in.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
He wasn't talking about Beauchamp - he was talking about when Gene Hackman tried to hand the gun to English Bob, the Duke (or Duck.) English Bob wouldn't take it.

�That rifle on the wall of the labourer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there.� George Orwell
M
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
M
Not talking about Beauchamp, who knows nothing about firearms. Talking about English John.

But I "forgive" that little flaw because it leads to the dramatic moment when Little Bill unloads the rounds on the floor.

A great movie....

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck
IC B2

T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Calif. Hunter
He wasn't talking about Beauchamp - he was talking about when Gene Hackman tried to hand the gun to English Bob, the Duke (or Duck.) English Bob wouldn't take it.
Oh, misread it. Same thing, though. English Bob, even if he could beat Little Bill to the draw wouldn't likely be able to fight his way out of town in his condition.

M
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
M
Agree there!

John Steinbeck
I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
You guys worried about a movie mistake?? SHEESH!!

Come home from school everyday for 3 years to watch Gilligan and the rest of those idiots try to get off that island. That's flawed!!

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
At what point did they start referring to the .30WCF as the 30-30? What would they have asked for a box of in 1895? A box of 30 winchester?

Don't just be a survivor, be a competitor.
T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Kodiakisland
At what point did they start referring to the .30WCF as the 30-30? What would they have asked for a box of in 1895? A box of 30 winchester?
Yes. I think so. Wasn't till, I think, after WWI that .30 WCF became .30-30. Could be wrong, though.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I hated Gilligan's Island. Couldn't sit through that show when I was a kid. Same goes for Green acres and Petticoat Junction. First few episodes were ok but it didn't take me long and I just couldn't sit through them anymore.

Well, pretty much same goes for any tv show, all my life.

But I did just finish watching "Unforgiven" on AMC. I took that scene to mean that the writer was no killer, that's why he didn't shoot Little Bill. And the "duck" didn't take the gun because he wasn't sure it was loaded. The show of disappointment when Bill emptied the wheel was telling.

???

That's the way I always took that scene. Guess I never really thought about it. Usually if the "boss man" is dead the underlings don't do much... body of the snake after the chopping type of thing. Flailing about, no direction, no aim. Interesting ideas you guys have got here. Guess that only means one thing, now I'll have to watch it again grin

Great movie!!!
And movies is just about all I ever watch. Except for mash, barney miller or wkrp smile

BAN THE RAINBOW FLAG!
PERVERTS OFFEND ME!

"When is penguin season, daddy? I wanna go kill a penguin!"
---- 4 yr old Archerhuntress

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
Originally Posted by isaac

Come home from school everyday for 3 years to watch Gilligan and the rest of those idiots try to get off that island. That's flawed!!

Must be January. smile

"Be sure you're right. Then go ahead." Fess Parker as Davy Crockett
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Ya but that is one good azz whupping Little Bill puts on the Duck. Epic.

A government is the most dangerous threat to man�s rights: it holds a legal monopoly on the use of physical force against legally disarmed victims.
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by Archerhunter
I hated Gilligan's Island.

Dats a BIG 10-4...

One of my goals in life is to outlive Gilligans Island re-runs in syndication...

grin
Ingwe

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

I hear at the start of each episode, Issac still bets that *today* will be the day Gilligan gets off the island! grin grin

Last edited by Pete E; 01/02/10.
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by Pete E

I hear at the start of each episode, Issac still bets that *today* will be the day Gilligan gets off the island! grin grin

I don't know football or isaac's record from shinola..

But I know that was mean...... grin

Ingwe

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by ingwe

I don't know football or isaac's record from shinola..

But I know that was mean...... grin

Ingwe

He11, I wasn't talking about Issac the football commentator, i was talking about Issac the election pundit! grin

Last edited by Pete E; 01/02/10.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
The way I took the scene is the English Bob was offered a chance, but passed out of fear, the Marshal guessing that would happen and just taking the opportunity to humiliate the man some more.

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Double mean....

grin
Ingwe

T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T

Is it in syndication over there too?

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

553 members (160user, 12savage, 1badf350, 1234, 10gaugemag, 007FJ, 55 invisible), 1,893 guests, and 1,230 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,171
Posts18,523,652
Members74,030
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.