Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 8 of 14 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 13 14
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Lee24
I stopped reading the GunZone article provided by KevinGibson as soon as I read its claim to be, "the only published document on the Strasbourg tests".

I read Fackler's paper when it came out, and he makes claims about wound studies without mentioning some studies which proved the opposite of some of his claims. Whether that was intentional on his part, or he was just unaware of the studies, it makes his paper rather worthless to me.

"Delusional disorder is a psychiatric diagnosis denoting a psychotic mental disorder that is characterized by holding one or more non-bizarre delusions[1] in the absence of any other significant psychopathology. Non-bizarre delusions are fixed beliefs that are certainly and definitely false, but that could possibly be plausible, for example, someone who thinks he or she is under police surveillance. In order for the diagnosis to be made auditory and visual hallucinations cannot be prominent, although olfactory or tactile hallucinations related to the content of the delusion may be present.[2] To be diagnosed with delusional disorder, the delusion or delusions cannot be due to the effects of a drug, medication, or general medical condition, and delusional disorder cannot be diagnosed in an individual previously diagnosed with schizophrenia. A person with delusional disorder may be high functioning in daily life and may not exhibit odd or bizarre behavior aside from these delusions. The Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM) defines six subtypes of the disorder characterized as erotomanic, grandiose, jealous, persecutory, somatic, and mixed, i.e., having features of more than one subtypes.[2] Delusions also occur as symptoms of many other mental disorders, especially the other psychotic disorders."

Originally Posted by captain seafire
I replace valve cover gaskets every 50K, if they don't need them sooner...
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ColdCase1984
Brandon Lee, BTW, died as a result of a local "ex-spurt" hired (to save money) to be the "armorer" for filming of The Crow in North Carolina.

He made dummy rounds for the .44 Magnum in question by pulling the bullets, dumping the powder and reseating. That way the gun would look "really loaded" on camera.

Problem was, he didn't remove THE PRIMER, which had enough power to propel the bullet out the barrel and into Brandon Lee.

Think of it as a .44-caliber Colibri round applied at close range.

Sad.

I don't remember it like that. Happened here locally BTW. The primer pushed the projectile into the barrel, nobody noticed and was later loaded with blanks and the blank charge drove the projectile out.

A government is the most dangerous threat to man�s rights: it holds a legal monopoly on the use of physical force against legally disarmed victims.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by shreck
Originally Posted by ColdCase1984
Brandon Lee, BTW, died as a result of a local "ex-spurt" hired (to save money) to be the "armorer" for filming of The Crow in North Carolina.

He made dummy rounds for the .44 Magnum in question by pulling the bullets, dumping the powder and reseating. That way the gun would look "really loaded" on camera.

Problem was, he didn't remove THE PRIMER, which had enough power to propel the bullet out the barrel and into Brandon Lee.

Think of it as a .44-caliber Colibri round applied at close range.

Sad.

I don't remember it like that. Happened here locally BTW. The primer pushed the projectile into the barrel, nobody noticed and was later loaded with blanks and the blank charge drove the projectile out.

we have a winner..

Originally Posted by captain seafire
I replace valve cover gaskets every 50K, if they don't need them sooner...
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
That makes much more sense, and I think that's the way I heard it too. A primer alone could not exert enough force to cause a real bullet to exit the barrel.

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Like I said, killed by a low-powered blank cartridge.
Slice and dice it anyway you want to, that's the basic fact.
Just like a .357 snake shot will kill you at close range, too.

IC B2

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
That makes much more sense, and I think that's the way I heard it too. A primer alone could not exert enough force to cause a real bullet to exit the barrel.

A blank round, without the blank adapter on the barrel, has enough power to kill you. At the time this star was the latest pretty boy; I can't remember his name, but he put a pistol up against his temple and pulled the trigger on a blank round. The gasses alone were powerful enough to drive a dime-size chunk of his skull into his brain. He was DRT.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Oh, Lee knows how to post pictures...the ones he pulls off of Google. Like the ones his pal Oldman posts. They just don't have any of their own stuff.

Except of course, Lee and his famous catfish. wink

Proudly representing oil companies, defense contractors, and firearms manufacturers since 1980. Because merchants of death need lawyers, too.
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Steve_NO, can you name or link to the photos you claim I "pulled off Google", and provide the Google links?

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
[Linked Image]

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Magnumdood
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

A blank round, without the blank adapter on the barrel, has enough power to kill you. At the time this star was the latest pretty boy; I can't remember his name, but he put a pistol up against his temple and pulled the trigger on a blank round. The gasses alone were powerful enough to drive a dime-size chunk of his skull into his brain. He was DRT.
Jon Erik Hexum was the guy's name, happened just like you said. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jon-Erik_Hexum#Death

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I stopped reading the GunZone article provided by KevinGibson as soon as I read its claim to be, "the only published document on the Strasbourg tests".

I read Fackler's paper when it came out, and he makes claims about wound studies without mentioning some studies which proved the opposite of some of his claims. Whether that was intentional on his part, or he was just unaware of the studies, it makes his paper rather worthless to me.
I wasn't looking to debate you, I was answering your request. Now be a gent and answer my request to tell me what happens to a Browning Hi Power when you manually cock the hammer, and why is it different from other pistols?

V
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
V
Gonna have to wait Kevin, his brain is fighting three fronts, here, the 25yard zero and sniper rifle ammunition...

Hunt hard, kill clean, waste nothing and offer no apologies.

"In rifle work, group size is of some interest...but it is well to remember that a rifleman does not shoot groups, he shoots shots." Jeff Cooper

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Steve_NO, can you name or link to the photos you claim I "pulled off Google", and provide the Google links?

your dillinger museum pics leap to mind

in fact, those.....and your famous catfish....are about the only photos you've put up here that I can recall. that's sort of the problem....you don't have photos, since it's sort of hard to photograph a lie.

I'd love to see some pictures of the model 70, you in your AMU jacket back in '68, you with your slide rule in engineering school, you in your white jacket in med school, you with a law book in law school, you with your buddy Jeff Cooper, you in front of some building you designed, you with some air marshals at the range, you shooting somebody with your .357....you know, anything to give any credence to the heaping caldron of bullshit you serve up here that has made you the designated assclown for thousands of people.

Proudly representing oil companies, defense contractors, and firearms manufacturers since 1980. Because merchants of death need lawyers, too.
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Kevin, this thread is about the .357 defense loads.
The bogus stuff you brought about Fackler and Strasbourg didn't work well for you. So you keep trying diversion games. I remain on topic. If you can't discuss this topic, start a new one.

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Steve_NO, you forgot to bring the evidence, the Google links you claimed. Not good for a lawyer to forget evidence. Maybe you were confused by some other troll talking about Google searches in a vain effort to smear me. Maybe you were confused by all the times some of the trolls lifted my photos and altered them or added stupid captions.

Try again.

Those Dillinger photos were taken by me and posted by me just for that thread topic, on a web site set up just for that purpose. The catfish photo was taken by me, too. Look at the links.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
[Linked Image]

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
so since you obviously have a camera and know how to post a picture, how come you can't put up a picture of that model 70 and prove how wrong everyone is? or any of the other items I listed that might tend to show you're not the lying crapsack everyone here knows you to be?

in fact, other than the Dillinger pictures you say you took.....obviously in a museum accessible to anyone and probably available on the internet if anybody wanted to look for them....which you tried to claim you had some special access to, when have you ever posted a picture of anything that wasn't pulled off the internet?

are you now admitting that's you with the catfish?

and what branch of the service did you serve in and when? were you on the AMU team in 68 or are you admitting now you made that up? who did you shoot with a .357, and why? don't make all these ridiculous claims and then think you can just slink away and change the subject.

V
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
V
I believe he has slinked again...

Hunt hard, kill clean, waste nothing and offer no apologies.

"In rifle work, group size is of some interest...but it is well to remember that a rifleman does not shoot groups, he shoots shots." Jeff Cooper

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
So Steve, are you admitting you were just bluffing about my getting those pictures off "Google links", or should we give you more time to come up with some evidence for your wild claims?

Take all the time you want. You never had it. It's not there.

Maybe you can get one of your trolls to manufacture some bogus links for you.

Ooops! I let you guys dodge the thread topic you can't discuss: .357 defense loads. Back on topic.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
so since you obviously have a camera and know how to post a picture, how come you can't put up a picture of that model 70 and prove how wrong everyone is? or any of the other items I listed that might tend to show you're not the lying crapsack everyone here knows you to be?

in fact, other than the Dillinger pictures you say you took.....obviously in a museum accessible to anyone and probably available on the internet if anybody wanted to look for them....which you tried to claim you had some special access to, when have you ever posted a picture of anything that wasn't pulled off the internet?

are you now admitting that's you with the catfish?

and what branch of the service did you serve in and when? were you on the AMU team in 68 or are you admitting now you made that up? who did you shoot with a .357, and why? don't make all these ridiculous claims and then think you can just slink away and change the subject.

it ain't flying any more, Lee. answer the questions. I'm sure the Dillinger museum photos can be googled but since I have no interest in them and no respect for you why should I bother.

your are the board's resident liar, you are the one asserting the ridiculous claims, and you are the one who can't answer the simplest questions:

1)where's the picture of the non-existent Model 70 you made up

2)were you in the military, what branch, and when?

3)were you on the AMU team in 1968, or any other year?

you're the one who has made the claims.....either admit your lies and leave, or back them up

Page 8 of 14 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 13 14

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

578 members (1Longbow, 160user, 24HourCampFireGuy50, 10gaugeman, 17CalFan, 22magnut, 54 invisible), 2,510 guests, and 1,297 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,185
Posts18,484,820
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.