Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
dooode you can keep your wolfs, healthcare, and firearm restrictions in Canada.

We don't want them.

GB1

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Logcutter- Saddly, things will never be the same. We will never see the game populations in many areas where they have been before wolves. Oportunities for sportmen and women are diminished.

Tangozulu - One can't compare grizzlies to wolves. Grizzlies are mostly solitary animals that tend to have large homeranges. Grizzlies are omnivores, feeding on whatever is available (fish, plants, dead carcass, a moose kill, ect.) Wolves kill in packs and kill opportunisticly. They will kill the young and weak. They kill livestock because it is available and easy. I wish we could poison all the wolves!

ddj

Many men go fishing all their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after. - Henry David Thoreau

The best part of hunting and fishing was the thinking about going and the talking about it after you got back. - Robert Ruark
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Idaho had Wolves before the re-intro.I saw them on many occasions and heard them howling but that was not the plan to listen to the local people and FS studies.There minds were made up before the studies they ignored and here we are.

Your right trouthunterdj,things will never be the same..Except shooting Wolves legally means more to me than Elk anymore and it's a longer season.

Jayco

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by tangozulu
So lets say we poison all the grizzlies in Alaska? Would it not be a bit diminshed? A little less wonderfull.........
So why is Montana and Idaho better without wolves and a safe place for cows and sheep?
Now that you are finally able to hunt these wolves I hope there is more tollerance for a fantatic animal.
Tangozulu in BC we can hunt wolves whenever we want,no tags and in some areas NBL.It's a different situation south of the line,with the Feds telling the states what they can and can't do,and the bunny f**kers filing lawsuits left,right and centre.There basically is no management,and the wolves are multiplying fast.Poison isn't an alternative but control by culling and hunting is going to be neccesary if any of the game herds are to survive.Eventually the wolves will balance out,but by that time there will be nothing left for them to eat. Monashee

Support the BC Wildlife Federation
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Well obviously "you" do.

Originally Posted by heavywalker
dooode you can keep your wolfs, healthcare, and firearm restrictions in Canada.

We don't want them.

IC B2

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by Monashee
Originally Posted by tangozulu
So lets say we poison all the grizzlies in Alaska? Would it not be a bit diminshed? A little less wonderfull.........
So why is Montana and Idaho better without wolves and a safe place for cows and sheep?
Now that you are finally able to hunt these wolves I hope there is more tollerance for a fantatic animal.
Tangozulu in BC we can hunt wolves whenever we want,no tags and in some areas NBL.It's a different situation south of the line,with the Feds telling the states what they can and can't do,and the bunny f**kers filing lawsuits left,right and centre.There basically is no management,and the wolves are multiplying fast.Poison isn't an alternative but control by culling and hunting is going to be neccesary if any of the game herds are to survive.Eventually the wolves will balance out,but by that time there will be nothing left for them to eat. Monashee

I'll be the first to agree the situation has sucked up till now, but hey the hunt is now on. A mature wolf is a far tougher trophy than some old elk in my hunble opinion.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by gwindrider1
Relocate the bastids to Texas, and get them accustomed to eating hogs.

Now yer' thinking--hog control of the highest order....... grin

Casey

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

I'll be the first to agree the situation has sucked up till now, but hey the hunt is now on. A mature wolf is a far tougher trophy than some old elk in my hunble opinion. [/quote]

Man, I must be weird or something...I'd still rather have a big, heavy set of 6x6 elk antlers

Last edited by bellydeep; 01/04/10.

Originally Posted by shrapnel
I probably hit more elk with a pickup than you have with a rifle.

Originally Posted by JohnBurns
I have yet to see anyone claim Leupold has never had to fix an optic. I know I have sent a few back. 2 MK 6s, a VX-6, and 3 VX-111s.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
From what I'm hearing, there's many folks in both MT and ID that are taking matters into their own hands, preferring that to waiting on "the system." It goes beyond the SSS, and I hope it's effective and nobody gets caught doing it.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
We wiped them out once. If necessary and legal, we can do it again. It will be easier the second time. Better rifles and better poisons.

We exterminated them the first time for a reason. Their continued existence among ranchers and farmers was incompatible with the activities of such. That reason still exists. "Because they were there once" is no reason to re-introduce them. If you want them so badly, come up with something better than that.

Fast Ed

Define your manhood not by success, but by significance.
NRA Benefactor
IC B3

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
In the Helena paper:

"Keep eye on dogs; wolves out on prowl"

http://www.helenair.com/news/article_2f1d4624-f9bf-11de-92b2-001cc4c002e0.html

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
"At last count, at least 1,600 roam in Montana, Wyoming and Idaho........."

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Originally Posted by MontanaMarine
In the Helena paper:

"Keep eye on dogs; wolves out on prowl"

http://www.helenair.com/news/article_2f1d4624-f9bf-11de-92b2-001cc4c002e0.html

Good but sad article.I wouldn't let my two dogs out to go potty when we were camped back in without me or someone packing was with them.Sad we have to do it that way nowadays.

Jayco

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Fast_Ed
We wiped them out once. If necessary and legal, we can do it again. It will be easier the second time. Better rifles and better poisons.

We exterminated them the first time for a reason. Their continued existence among ranchers and farmers was incompatible with the activities of such. That reason still exists. "Because they were there once" is no reason to re-introduce them. If you want them so badly, come up with something better than that.

Fast Ed

We exterminated deer, elk, bighorns, pronghorns, and moose, too--what was the reason again?

Casey

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by logcutter

Good but sad article.I wouldn't let my two dogs out to go potty when we were camped back in without me or someone packing was with them.Sad we have to do it that way nowadays.

Jayco

It ain't DisneyLand out there--never has been.

Casey

Casey

Having said that, MAGA.
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Food?

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L

Thanks for the warning.I am new at this outdoors stuff.

Jayco grin

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by alpinecrick
Originally Posted by Fast_Ed

Fast Ed

We exterminated deer, elk, bighorns, pronghorns, and moose, too--what was the reason again?

Casey

It was good for farmers and ranchers?

Last edited by tangozulu; 01/06/10.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by alpinecrick

Casey

Was out in the yard a few days ago, just 50 yards from the house, and had a wolf chase a deer right past me. The deer was only a couple of feet ahead of the wolf. Both were really fast! I've had wolves in the yard, and have seen wolves chase and/or kill deer out farther from the house, but right past me, 10 feet away, 50 yards from the house was a new one. It was way cool, the hair up on my neck, my .357 drawn. Way cool. I followed the trails for a few hundred yards where the two trails separated. Looked like the deer got away that time.

Too cool! I love living here. smile

There are many copies.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Any dog,I see chaseing a deer, gets shot.
dave

[Linked Image]

Only accurate rifles are interesting.
Page 2 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

522 members (1OntarioJim, 1minute, 1badf350, 06hunter59, 10Glocks, 160user, 70 invisible), 2,441 guests, and 1,153 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,704
Posts18,513,823
Members74,010
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.