Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by 5sdad
BURRito = made with donkey meat
EnCHILada = made with chinchilla meat
grin

I was wondering if anyone was going to make a comment about donkey meat. In Spanish a little donkey would be called a burrito.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
come on greg, i like my burros chille verde or chilli colorado

This is the correct way, burro not burrito!

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Well,.....PARDON me.

GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
A burrito is an American dish not found in Mexico. Mexicans here in California regularly eat them. A burrito is usually your best buy in a "CalMex Eatery" One local establishment advertises a burrito as big as your head! A wet burrito is called a burrito mojado. The J is pronounced as an H and the double rrs are rolled on the tongue. Most Mexico Mexicans do not eat flour tortillas and wheat doesn't grow well in Mexico. A typical burrito around here has rice, beans, meat, cheese. salsa and sometimes avocado. The average weight is about a half pound or more. A Chimichanga (fried burrito) is also American.
Enchiladas as described by others, are a true Mexican dish. I have never had one with a flour tortilla but you can order it that way in the US.

Last edited by 106rr; 01/07/10. Reason: Spelling

You can't miss fast enough to win!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 106rr
... Most Mexico Mexicans do not eat flour tortillas and wheat doesn't grow well in Mexico....

Flour tortillas and beef ARE mexican food, especialmente, los comidas de Sonora.

Sonora is the state just south of Arizona. Wheat grows there, cows grow there, Copper is mined there, and there are lot of indians.

It is a frontier, wild west state, even before los narcos...

Arizona mexican food is/was very different than New Mexico food, or Tex/Mex, because of the Sonoran influence. (the border used to be more porous than it is now, and after the revolution, (1910-1916)MANY, MANY Mexican miners (and smeltermen) came to Arizona to work in the Copper industry, and brought their foods with them.

Nowdays we have a lot of tourist mexican food, and a lot of Michoacan and Sinaloa , and Oaxacan mexican food, even Baja stuff with fish, etc.

Bean burros, beef and bean burros, are just like a mexican pasty, you take'em to work for lunch in the mine, or at the smelter.

Green chile Beef is my favorite burro, but stacked enchiladas (with home made corn torts) are pretty good (got to have the egg on top!)

And elk Tamales for Christmas! Si, como no?

El Sycamore

Originally Posted by jorgeI
...Actually Sycamore, you are sort of right....
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Dos mas tacos al pastor!

[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by captain seafire
I replace valve cover gaskets every 50K, if they don't need them sooner...
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
It's el Pacifico Clara again here!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I hit 'em HARD last night..

Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
How can you be up this early? Soundin good?

Ingwe

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Eggs with chorizo, cheese and avocado, AND salsa...

IC B3

Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
Sweeet...actually sounds good...I may be doing the same grin

Ingwe

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by rob p
I'm getting gas just reading this post.
laugh
I like Mexican food cooked at home or at roadside stands.
I like tacos.. The rest, you can keep... And I positively HATE refried beans...

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by Redneck
And I positively HATE refried beans...

+1...Hold the frijoles!! grin

And chorizo is something Im slowly warming up to...like RL...I prefer it in a breakfast burrito!!...Huevos Rancheros maybe...

Ingwe

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
I've found huge differences in chorizo from the supermarket. Some really good and meaty, and others a greasy red mess.

Around this part of the midwest there are plenty of Mexican restaurants, but I wish there were one that was open early for breakfast. You can get breakfast, but most don't open until lunch time, which sort of defeats the purpose of breakfast. One owner told me he'd have to put on an extra shift to serve breakfast. Makes sense, but it's too bad.

When we have leftover enchiladas, I've been know to warm one up to eat with my fried eggs. Good!

Paul

Stupidity has its way, while its cousin, evil, runs rampant.
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Think Cheech Marin:

"Oh man, you gotta try a Super Burrito. Just type it in to Google to find where they are. I used to get the gigante size, man that thing would cure the munchies for hours. I mean you could do a whole bong and one Super Burrito would fill you up. That sucker had two pounds of meat, beans, cheese, rice and sauce. Definitely gotta be careful, man, because if your too stoned half of it winds up on your shirt and car seat. The cops know too man, "Hey, look sarge, this guys swimming in Super Burrito. Okay, step out of the car."

Last edited by WranglerJohn; 01/08/10.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by ColeYounger
Can somebody sum it up for me?

Bout 30 minutes difference for me. 163bc

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Daughter made her homemade burittos last night for supper. Mmmm, mmmmm, good! but...
"Fuji capesta! My eyes are burning." lol.

The difference between the two is quite simple really. A burrito is male and an enchilada is female... Surprised no on got that, pinche gringos. laugh

I've been waiting for Crossfire's alter-ego to answer.

BAN THE RAINBOW FLAG!
PERVERTS OFFEND ME!

"When is penguin season, daddy? I wanna go kill a penguin!"
---- 4 yr old Archerhuntress

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by krp
It takes you an hour to put the ingredients together and bake enchiladas before eating. It takes two minutes to throw some stuff on a flour tortilla, roll it up and eat it in a burrito.

Kent

That about sizes it up.

"I'm gonna have to science the schit out of this." Mark Watney, Sol 59, Mars
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A burrito is the Tex-Mex version of a sandwich. Simply put whatever you want to eat on a flour tortilla and roll it up so you can hold it in one hand. You can tell the real burrito experts from the want-a-bees by the way they hold the end of the burrito, the expert will hold it pinched closed between his two little fingers thus keeping the contents inside the tortilla and not in his lap. wink

Breakfast burritos are my favorite. Those are filled with scrambled eggs, sausage, diced fried potatoes, cheese, onion, bell pepper, and a little Pace picante sauce. They can be made up ahead of time and wrapped in foil to warm up and eat latter.
They warm up nicely when placed on a hot engine block.

Last edited by prairie dog shooter; 01/08/10.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
Edmund Burke 1795

"Give me liberty or give me death"
Patrick Henry 1775
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
My favorite is a Sancho. You can unwrap it and eat in the car. Like all of a good taco filling wrapped inside of a flour tortilla. Looks like a burrito with meat and salad inside.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

564 members (1beaver_shooter, 12344mag, 160user, 1936M71, 1badf350, 1lesfox, 55 invisible), 2,590 guests, and 1,252 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,931
Posts18,498,675
Members73,983
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.