Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
444Matt Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Thought I'd start a thread about tips we've picked up here on the campfire. I'd like to keep them hunting related if possibe.

If your feet are cold put on a hat. Old saying is true, keep your toes and fingers warm by keeping your noggin toasty with more covering than you think you need.

To help keep your feet warm they need to stay dry, try using antiperperiant spray on your feet for a few days prior to hunting. Helps keeps them from sweating and thus getting clamy and cold.

Ok there are the two I learned this year. What's helped you out?

GB1

U
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
U
Never shoot the donor.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Hitting a gallon milk jug at 500 yds really isn't all that tough with the right equipment.

Is it Friday yet?
B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Bull elk will always die in the worst possible place to pack them out of.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The best place to shoot an elk... next to the truck!

Old Turd- Deplorable- Unrepentant Murderer- Domestic Violent Extremist

Just "Campfire Riffraff and Trash"

This will be my last post! Flave 1/3/21
IC B2

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
The new BUTT-OUT II TOOL has a stop on the handle to keep your hand from sliding...

I saw a movie where only the military and the police had guns. It was called Schindler's List.
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
use enough gun. don't sleep over at steelhead's place, avoid the baboon ass, don't pee your pants or hide in a closet, the .270 and .30-06 have been and are old news, the .270 and .30-06 are all you need.

most of you have more money than me, custom guns are the way to go. marlin xl7's are way better than customs, God Himself made them.

savages and a-bolts suck. savages and a-bolts are awesome. don't get in arguments with Ken Howell, Tom264, or Lee24.

knives are useless unless they cost $9,000 and come with authentic mastodon ass bone handles.

Craig Boddington can make a campfire by gathering sticks and logs and giving them the 1,000 yard stare.

core lokt bullets can pass through 14 fire trucks placed back to back, exit, retain 98% of weight and kill an elk on the other side. and create an exit wound.

kimbers suck. kimbers rock.

don't argue with swampman700, as it is akin to trying to empty the ocean by scooping water out in my hat.

that about cover it?

wink

-Matt

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
if you disagree with somebody,take it personally and put them on ignore,because opposing viewpoints are bad.

seriously though,read more type less.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A 223 52 TSX in the boiler room will kill a bull elephant...

A 60 TSX out of a 223AI will kill a blue whale and her calf better not be in line with her off shoulder...

Good binos are worth what they cost...

A pard gets in trouble or a kid wants to hunt and can't afford it, and the 'Fire will take care of him....

All posts without pictures border on worthless...

DJ

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by mjbgalt

knives are useless unless they cost $9,000 and come with authentic mastodon ass bone handles.

thats awesome!

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A 50BMG round will barely give a moose a bloody nose until you blow out the case to the improved version and load it with a TSX.

Imagine your grave on a windy winter night. You've been dead for 70 years.
It's been 50 since a visitor last paused at your tombstone.....
Now explain why you're in a pissy mood today.
444Matt Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Wow guys, all funny, especially the mastradon comment lmao at that one. But seriously anyone wanna share some tips or tricks picked up here?

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A non-CRF rifle is only good for non-charging friendly varmints only. grin

https://thehandloadinglog.wordpress.com
μολὼν λαβέ

"Weatherby was too long so I nicknamed it "Bee""
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
...that guys need a CRF rifle chambered for cartridges that are suitable for stopping dangerous game while they are hunting over a food plot while sitting in a box blind in Texas waiting to shoot a "cull" buck.

[Linked Image]

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
The 280 and 280AI are better than the 270;the 7/08 is better than all of them,and is a better LR elk cartridge than a 300 Weatherby.......

The 280,280AI,7/08,and the 270WSM were no where to be found on the B&C "most popular caliber" list......

Everything under 30 caliber sucks as an elk cartridge.....

4X scopes are fractionally better than iron sites.....maybe not as good cause they weigh more....

If it has been invented in the last 48 hours, it is automatically better than anything that came before it.....

14X is essential to kill a bull elk the size of a draft horse at any distance beyond 250 yards....

If the animal runs at the shot, the bullet failed....

If the animal falls to the shot,the bullet failed....

WSM's don't feed.....

For under a grand, the factories should give us rifles that are cosmetically like a Jerry Fisher rifle,and shoot like a benchrest class rifle....to 1000 yards....with hunting bullets..

No one can hit anything beyond 300 yards without a dot or turrets....they are only "guessing"....

When you buy a rifle,you should first ask how much it weighs....

When you buy a scope you should first ask how much it weighs....

When you buy mounts you should first ask how much they weigh....

When you buy a synthetic stock you should first ask ....how much it weighs......

All the above is said in good fun of course cause there really is a lot of excellent information and experienc on here grin

Last edited by BobinNH; 01/09/10.

The 280 Remington is overbore.

The 7 Rem Mag is over bore.
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Blue scares deer so don't even put so much as a piece of blue tape on the end of your barrel or every deer in the county will flee post haste

My dog is a member of the "Turd Like Clan"

Covert Trail Cameras are JUNK

3 Time Dinkathon Champion #DinkGOAT

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
i learned about putting peanuts in a bottle of coke, why some areas require a shotgun for hunting dear, tips for building an AR, new and interesting ways to pizz off liberals - the list of good stuff goes on and on

on the other hand, some stuff wasn't quite as cool... for example I learned that some people think its funny to piss on themselves on camera and post videos of the same

Last edited by Ivan; 01/09/10.

"Pick up a rifle and you change instantly from a subject to a citizen." - Jeff Cooper
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by BobinNH
The 280 and 280AI are better than the 270;the 7/08 is better than all of them,and is a better LR elk cartridge than a 300 Weatherby.......

The 280,280AI,7/08,and the 270WSM were no where to be found on the B&C "most popular caliber" list......

Everything under 30 caliber sucks as an elk cartridge.....

4X scopes are fractionally better than iron sites.....maybe not as good cause they weigh more....

If it has been invented in the last 48 hours, it is automatically better than anything that came before it.....

14X is essential to kill a bull elk the size of a draft horse at any distance beyond 250 yards....

If the animal runs at the shot, the bullet failed....

If the animal falls to the shot,the bullet failed....

WSM's don't feed.....

For under a grand, the factories should give us rifles that are cosmetically like a Jerry Fisher rifle,and shoot like a benchrest class rifle....to 1000 yards....with hunting bullets..

No one can hit anything beyond 300 yards without a dot or turrets....they are only "guessing"....

When you buy a rifle,you should first ask how much it weighs....

When you buy a scope you should first ask how much it weighs....

When you buy mounts you should first ask how much they weigh....

When you buy a synthetic stock you should first ask ....how much it weighs......

All the above is said in good fun of course cause there really is a lot of excellent information and experienc on here grin

Bob there are just one too many truisms there.

[Linked Image]

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Ivan

on the other hand, some stuff wasn't quite as cool... for example I learned that some people think its funny to piss on themselves on camera and post videos of the same

Dude....did you have to go there?.?.?. crazy

[Linked Image]

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
sorry brad... I know it's a buzzkill... but the fact remains I sure didn't get exposed to that on FaceBook, or any other site I enjoy... just sayin'

"Pick up a rifle and you change instantly from a subject to a citizen." - Jeff Cooper
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

564 members (10gaugeman, 1minute, 160user, 1OntarioJim, 1234, 1Longbow, 59 invisible), 2,181 guests, and 1,340 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,928
Posts18,479,870
Members73,953
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.