Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
This old world just keeps getting weirder and weirder. crazy

I've heard folks say that the one good thing about gays is that they don't procreate. Well, looks like they've found a way around that one.

Lesbian Lawmaker in Utah Carries Baby for 2 Gay Men

Saturday , January 09, 2010

AP

SALT LAKE CITY �
Rep. Christine Johnson will serve an additional role when the Utah Legislature convenes this month. The lesbian lawmaker announced she's a surrogate mother, carrying a baby for two gay men.

Johnson, D-Salt Lake City, said she decided to become artificially impregnated with sperm from one of the men after the two close friends expressed frustration over the difficulty of adopting a child.

Utah law prohibits unmarried couples from adopting and does not recognize gay marriage.

Johnson, 41, who has a 17-year-old daughter from a two-year marriage, is four months pregnant and expecting on June 21.

"I can very much empathize with their desire to become parents and share their lives with and open their hearts to a child," Johnson told the Salt Lake Tribune. "I'm immeasurably grateful to be a mother."

Johnson offered to be a surrogate at no cost to save the Salt Lake County men the prohibitive cost of hiring one � as much as $100,000.

The men, who were married in California when gay marriage was legal, will pick up the medical costs.

Johnson said she's aware that many lawmakers in conservative Utah think a child does best with both a mother and a father. She predicts the men will be "wonderful parents."

"Gender or sexual orientation is less important than children being welcomed into a supportive, loving home," she told the Deseret News. "This child is going to have an amazing life."

She has declined to identify the men.

Sen. Howard Stephenson, R-Draper, said he thinks having both a mother and father in the home "is the optimum, and what every baby deserves."

But he added: "I do respect any woman who will carry and bear a child for a childless couple ... It's my responsibility to show respect and love for one of God's daughters."

House Speaker David Clark, R-Santa Clara, also a Mormon, agrees. "At the end of the day, it's the gift of life" that is important, he said.

Johnson said the child will know her as the mother, but that she will have an "aunt-type relationship."

The man whose sperm was used to impregnate Johnson will have the same rights to the child as any biological father. But under Utah law, his partner cannot be an adoptive parent.

Testing has shown the baby is free from genetic disorders that are more common with later pregnancies. The baby's sex is still unknown.

Johnson was born on the East Coast and moved with her family to Provo when she was 8. She later left the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.

Johnson said she doesn't think her constituents will react negatively to her pregnancy. She plans to seek a third term this year.

Link to FOX News Story.

=====================
Boots were made for walking
Winds were blowing change
Boys fall in the jungle
As I Came of Age

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
I saw a white lesbian couple that wanted a kid. One was artificially impregnated from the sperm of a gay black man.

Looks like there are now going to be at least 2 kids with 666 tattooed all over their body.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Steelhead
I saw a white lesbian couple that wanted a kid.

And you wouldn't help 'em both out?

Shame, shame, shame! grin

Sycamore

Originally Posted by jorgeI
...Actually Sycamore, you are sort of right....
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A

This is a good reason why we should just let the Mormans do whatever they want to do in Utah..............poor Utah, look what Salt Lick City has done to them.....almost as bad as Denver...........

Casey

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
How did she ever get elected in Salt Lake?

I really pity the child!

Islam is a terrorist organization.

IC B2

byc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
good freaking grief!!!!!

Proud to be a true Sandlapper!!

Go Nats!!!!

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Prayers for the Kid,

CURSES on them,

No respect whatsoever, for the natural order of things.

GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
That's going to be a [bleep] mess. Poor kid.

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
the chances of that kid having anything resembling a normal life are pretty much nil

I see a lesbian couple with their kids at the store all the time.....the "daddy" with a shaved head, spider web tatoo covering her scalp, nose ring and motorcycle boots, the mother dressed like streetwalker and tatted up all over her arms and legs. kids are guaranteed to be basket cases.

Proudly representing oil companies, defense contractors, and firearms manufacturers since 1980. Because merchants of death need lawyers, too.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Steve_NO
the chances of that kid having anything resembling a normal life are pretty much nil

I see a lesbian couple with their kids at the store all the time.....the "daddy" with a shaved head, spider web tattoo covering her scalp, nose ring and motorcycle boots, the mother dressed like streetwalker and tatted up all over her arms and legs. kids are guaranteed to be basket cases.

DITTOS.

Even when the "parents" are reasonably normal the kids have problems.

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
"It's a crazy world. Someone should sell tickets."

[Linked Image]

Last edited by rkamp; 01/10/10.

"Knowledge is good"
� Emil Faber
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
You mean there are two gay men not living in San Francisco, and they just happen to find each other?
Somebody Snope this.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Got nothing against lesbians..hell, if I were a woman I'd be one myself.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by eblues
Got nothing against lesbians..hell, if I were a woman I'd be one myself.

Favorite line from Seinfeld/ George Costanza

"They don't want us (men), you've got to respect that."

"Knowledge is good"
� Emil Faber
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
See how far we have descended into the pit, with no chance of turning it back. I'm glad I am old and wont be around too much longer to see the final ending. eek

[Linked Image]
S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
This is something I could do with out knowing. Must be a slow news day.

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Steelhead
I saw a white lesbian couple that wanted a kid. One was artificially impregnated from the sperm of a gay black man.

Looks like there are now going to be at least 2 kids with 666 tattooed all over their body.

I think we should ban turkey basters; would never have this problem with out those! grin

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I thought it said Les carries baby for two gay men...figured northern_dave and ingwe corrupted another one grin

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
grin grin grin

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Maybe i could get me a job impregnating Lesbos for Gay Men so they could have their kid or would this be helping out the Obama Administration and i could get payed from the stimulus package?

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

511 members (1234, 1minute, 10gaugeman, 1Longbow, 10ring1, 59 invisible), 2,740 guests, and 1,212 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,127
Posts18,502,528
Members73,989
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.